GDT: ADSF Game 3: Habs @ Senators - 7:00 p.m. EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
I'm thinking the DSP acquisition and later promotion to the first line might have something to do with it. That used to be his spot. Weise has history of pouting about his ice time.

Now that he almost got 30 points, he thinks he's the new generational talent??? He needs to be pest that he is. He needs to hit as he used to do. He needs to skate faster. As the other poster said, he's just there.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I love his suit tonight.

And he he outright dismissed Subban's penalty call because "well, it's Subban." Just like I am, and everyone else has noticed - Subban hasn't earned ANY slack in the league because of his antics.

Extremely disappointed.

In this case you're right. I love the guy, but his rep follows him around and gets in the way of otherwise legit penalties. Plus, Subban's emotions have cost us two goals in game-one and one goal tonight. He needs to focus and regain control.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Anderson made some pretty difficult saves. He looked a lot more sure than Hammond. Hammond might be the hotter goalie, but Anderson is the better one IMO.

Agreed. But Anderson didn't face a wave of shots except for the powerplay. So he had a relatively easier period than Hammond has had all series. Alot more traffic and shots and we clearly would have had a different penalty.

Anderson is still the better goalie by far though.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I noticed that the Plek hate came when he fell. I wonder if the Sens board started bashing Karlsson when he fell. :shakehead

Plekanec has been great in these POs thus far. One fall and he's suddenly garbage.
Pleks has been just fine this series. That fall was funny though...

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Surprised there were no calls on the stick hit to subban's face.

why are you surprised? Ottawa is the worst place for getting the refs on their side. The refs ALWAY help out the Sens
.late hits, sticks to the face, intent to injure all over the place, then their is ALL the DIVING the Sens do, the crying to the refs all night long.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Subban has a well earned rep and that's why he didn't get the call. I don't fault the refs for not calling that one. But I don't think it was a dive either.
Definitely wasn't a dive, but it wasn't a clear-cut call either. Subban selling it like Sally Fields just makes me roll my eyes... his antics after that were embarrassing though - cost us a goal.

He can redeem himself though, I'm not worried.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
senaturds more than happy to keep this a street fight...Habs have to UP their compete level now if they want to tie this thing up

that ****ing clapper by subban should've gone in

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Chill out, we were expecting this. All in all, we didn't do too bad. Yes, PK needs to not make the same mistake as he did in 2013 -- getting caught up in revenge hits, but overall:

a) We already know Sens fans are at least tied for the worst
b) Plekanec is getting way more hate than he deserves
c) Sens emptying the tank, I think if we play smart, we will come out on top
d) I don't think Anderson was tested seriously. Let's give him some real trouble. They just showed PK's bomb -- he was looking completely the wrong way. Just bad luck

Let's have another great 2nd. GO HABS GO!

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
This is a rare moment where I'll praise Therrien for not doing precisely that. We've smoked the Bruins so many times because we don't engage in their fisticuffs nonsense. The Sens want us to get overly emotional and deviate from our game. We need to exploit how often they are leaving themselves open to take slashes at Subban/other players.

Actually against the Bruins, the Habs show emotion and show up.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Now that he almost got 30 points, he thinks he's the new generational talent??? He needs to be pest that he is. He needs to hit as he used to do. He needs to skate fast. As the other poster said, he's just there.

He needs to become the 2014 Weise again. Hit, get under the opponents skin, use his speed and play smart. So far he has mostly coasted his way through the first 2 games. He has to step up.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Oh, I'm sorry, I didnt know having a rep of a diver automatically exonerates anyone from crosschecking you in the ****ing face.

It shouldn't, but it does. Refs see Subban's reputation before they see the penalty.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Definitely wasn't a dive, but it wasn't a clear-cut call either. Subban selling it like Sally Fields just makes me roll my eyes... his antics after that were embarrassing though - cost us a goal.

He can redeem himself though, I'm not worried.

He almost always does redeem himself.

I just wish he'd put himself in a position to not redeem himself but just help the team!

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
The reffing is ridiculous. Also Desharnais caught cheating on the first goal... Hanging at the blue line instead of back checking like a C

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I noticed that the Plek hate came when he fell. I wonder if the Sens board started bashing Karlsson when he fell. :shakehead

Plekanec has been great in these POs thus far. One fall and he's suddenly garbage.

I get that fans get emotional but damn, just a little trip by his own and now he's TERRIBLE in the two wins, despite getting 2 pts in 2 games, +1, 5 hits and playing an excellent two ways game. Let's just forget all that and call him terrible because he fell. :laugh:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Oh, I'm sorry, I didnt know having a rep of a diver automatically exonerates anyone from crosschecking you in the ****ing face.

It shouldn't, but it does. Refs see Subban's reputation before they see the penalty.

Not to mention the brutal, away-from-the-puck slash on Stone and his hysterics after the call.

The refs hate Subban for his hotdogging - don't expect 50/50 calls to go our way... but then he takes himself out of the play for a retaliatory hit! A double whammy!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm thinking the DSP acquisition and later promotion to the first line might have something to do with it. That used to be his spot. Weise has history of pouting about his ice time.

Does he really? That's a shame if so. He's a great bottom-6 when he's on his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad