Rumor: Adrian Dater - Sakic looking to add a C with a bit of term and Goalie insurance- Mentions JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Adrian Dater just did a radio hit with Sportsnet.

He mentioned a couple of notes with the AVS whom I believe he has a lot of inside sources with.

Dater says he thinks the AVS are looking for a Centre who is cost controlled primarily to replace Kadri next year who is most likely going to be getting a massive raise in the open market. Dater says AVS arent too keen on re-signing Kadri because of his age and what it will cost.

He then mentions JT Miller in particular. Dater said he believes the AVS are targeting Miller or a player like Miller who is cost controlled next year at 5 mil. He says he knows Sakic loves Miller's mix of Grit and Skill.

Dater expressed that the plan is for Newhook to be the 2c of the future but he says that Sakic doesnt want to waste the next couple of years where Mackinnon is on a team friendly deal by waiting on Newhook to be ready. Ideally Miller would be a place holder for 2C next year and the AVS would get 2 playoff cracks with him. Dater says all non roster/core assets are available as the AVS are all in, he mentioned that he thought Byram might even be available but this was before the news of his injury.

Finally, Dater added that the AVS are looking for goalie insurance as he feels that goalie injury/ level of play can be the downfall of the AVS.

Reactions: HockeyWooot
Feb 19, 2018
Newhook sounds like a great piece for a Miller trade. I imagine that and a first + a small add would get it done. Probably Barron

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
If that's true, Miller + Halak makes so much sense. But the price would obviously be high, and I'm not sure what the Avs would be willing to part with. I believe their first is already gone this year, and I can't imagine losing Miller without a firs coming back.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Newhook sounds like a great piece for a Miller trade. I imagine that and a first + a small add would get it done. Probably Barron

I think the whole point is to find someone to fill the time between Newhook going from a 3C to a 2C. I'm not sure if they'd be looking to move him for Miller. As a Canucks fan thats obviously a great return though and something I would consider.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
A 2 year rental ala Tampa Bay is exactly the kind of move I'd want the Avs to make. Especially for a stud like Miller

2 year rental honestly seems like the new age thinking for GMs.

It makes sense, pay a little more, but get a bit more bang for your back.

Foligno for 3 months for instance backfired.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
upload_2022-1-18_12-5-39.jpeg

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

Newhook not getting traded, i think the whole point is for a C to be the 2C so that Newhook isnt forced into that role right now or next year in the playoffs but ultimately have a 1-2 punch down the middle of Mackinnon and Newhook for the next decade.

Reactions: egelband

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
1st + Barron is the offer

I think many teams would be able to beat that offer for JT Miller.

Colorado 1st isnt exactly valuable. That's going to be a late first. Many teams also have a "Barron" like prospect. He is a good asset dont get me wrong but he isnt a blue chip prospect that would set the AVS offer above the rest.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I dunno. I like the Miller + Halak option but I think our strongest trade chip right now is Sam Girard and I don't think Vancouver needs a Sam Girard

A 1st round pick + Justin Barron is interesting, Barron has looked solid in brief time

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
As many have said, a very late 1st and Barron for Miller might sound great to Avs fans, but there are 10 other teams that would beat that.

It's a shame Byram is on the shelf, he would have really put the Avs in a position to get something done. RD is the bigger need though.

Aside from Newhook, who appears to be off the table, I don't know what they have that would entice Vancouver.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
As man have said, a very late 1st and Barron for Miller might sound great to Avs fans, but there are 10 other teams that could beat that.

It's a shame Byram is on the shelf, he would have really put the Avs in a position to get something done.
I think many teams would be able to beat that offer for JT Miller.

Colorado 1st isnt exactly valuable. That's going to be a late first. Many teams also have a "Barron" like prospect. He is a good asset dont get me wrong but he isnt a blue chip prospect that would set the AVS offer above the rest.
Alright go get one of those offers. I'd like to hear what offer is beating that, the team receiving Miller is okay with.

What team is going to offer a higher quality RHD prospect? I don't see it
2 1sts is a solid package for 1.5 years of Miller. The guys more blue chip don't get moved for short term acquisitions.
Byram is an absolute nonstarter. When has a top 5 pick who has progressed nicely and started his NHL career on fire been moved when they were 20 years old?

Reactions: Newusername

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Colorado getting a Newhook trade wrong could be as harmful mid-term to long-term as Miller would be helpful short-term. He very well may be the best F prospect the Avs have for some time to come, trading futures for future short-term solutions and drafting where they’ll draft with the picks they keep.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Pageau or Nelson if they were to waive for something around Newhook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad