Value of: Adam Henrique to Pittsburgh

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
But a team that’s window is now…. May think much differently.

2 years of a 50 point 2 way guy that can do anything you ask would be a big add for any serious contender. He’s basically the ideal pick up for most teams and you’ll have him for 2 years at likely a discounted price

If you wouldn’t waste a 1st on Henrique for 2 years who would you waste a 1st on

In Carolina's case, Henrique is a fall-back if they miss out on Meier.

Will Meier cost more than Henrique? Yes, but if Carolina is dealing a 1st+ they are going to go after Meier first.

Again, I think Carolina is going to hope they can get Henrique at a lower price by not having Anaheim retain and not sending money back.

If that doesn't work and they don't land Meier or Henrique, my guess is they try a similar move with Vancouver for Boeser.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
In Carolina's case, Henrique is a fall-back if they miss out on Meier.

Will Meier cost more than Henrique? Yes, but if Carolina is dealing a 1st+ they are going to go after Meier first.
Fair and most teams prob in that boat… I imagine once Meier is dealt then Henrique’s value shoots up a bit

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think the Ducks could definitely get a 1st for Henrique like the Senators got a 1st for Brassard back in the day. But I also think Penguins fans who are super uncomfortable doing that are totally valid due to the situation the team is in.

Henrique is a borderline 2C/3C that averages around 45-50 points per 82 games, can be relied upon defensively and is excellent at faceoffs. If the Ducks are retaining half of his salary, I think it's entirely reasonable for them to want a 1st rounder for him.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
But the Ducks have no reason to trade him for a 2nd right now. He isn’t a rental.
That's fine I just don't want him anyway. I want Chychrun, Barbashev among others. Plus a new coach and fixing of our bottom 6. But I don't want more old players, we got enough.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I think Henrique would make a lot of sense for Carolina. They wouldn't need retention (although would absolutely take it if it doesn't increase the price), Henrique only has 1 year so he doesn't take up cap in 2024 when Carolina has a lot of big RFAs and UFAs to sign, and he slots well as the 2C with Necas and one of Teravainen/Svechnikov.

Hard to say whether the priority for the hive mind GM is replacing Pacioretty on the wing or 2C. Or if they are trying to do both (Henrique and Boeser?)

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Ducks waived this guy like a year ago. No thanks at giving up anything of value for him. Any team coulda had this guy for free a year ago.

• Haha
Reactions: WhatTheDuck

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He aint a player I would trade a 1st for.
Well you're on HFBoards and not a NHL GM. There's no point for the Ducks to trade for anything less. He makes every line he is on better and can play with any combination of players. He's also a veteran with leadership and a great locker room guy.

Reactions: McDonald19

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks waived this guy like a year ago. No thanks at giving up anything of value for him. Any team coulda had this guy for free a year ago.
Honestly I wouldn’t expect the pens to make big moves… I wouldn’t call them contender they are kinda in the grey spot waiting for the end of the malkin letang and malkin window.

They should just be holding onto assets, don’t think they stand a chance against top teams in the east

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Honestly I wouldn’t expect the pens to make big moves… I wouldn’t call them contender they are kinda in the grey spot waiting for the end of the malkin letang and malkin window.

They should just be holding onto assets, don’t think they stand a chance against top teams in the east
Me neither. They should sell if anything, But it's just not gonna happen wih 87,58 and 71 here. Any year they make the playoffs with those 3, they have a shot, so i understand why they don't sell in the next few years because a cup is a possibility with 87 and 71 always.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
I think Henrique would make a lot of sense for Carolina. They wouldn't need retention (although would absolutely take it if it doesn't increase the price), Henrique only has 1 year so he doesn't take up cap in 2024 when Carolina has a lot of big RFAs and UFAs to sign, and he slots well as the 2C with Necas and one of Teravainen/Svechnikov.

Hard to say whether the priority for the hive mind GM is replacing Pacioretty on the wing or 2C. Or if they are trying to do both (Henrique and Boeser?)
Adding Meier and Henrique to the top-6 for the Playoffs would pack a lot more punch into the offense. Then you have Kotkaniemi and Jarvis feasting on 4th lines.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Things change. The Ducks gave him a kick in the butt last year because he wasn’t living up to his contract. He isn’t available for free now. He has had a very good season and the Ducks can retain 50%

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh

Having him for free at 5.875 AAV for 3 years and having him for 3mil this year and next year is a totally different discussion. He is a valuable player at 3mil.

I wouldn't have any problem paying a 1st for Henrique if Carter wasn't on the team. But he ruins it for any deal that is to be made. If Carter would go back to the west coast as part of the deal then I would trade the 1st.

Reactions: McDonald19

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

That was two years ago and whatever was hindering him during that Covid shortened 2020-21 season, has very clearly been put too far in the rearview to be relevant now.

Other than that one partial covid year and a tough sophomore season a decade earlier, Henrique has more or less been the same dependable second line producer for ten years.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
1st for Henrique is absolute madness.
Late 1st for a 2c that can play on any line, win faceoffs, play defense, play consistently nightly and chip in offensively sounds about right. He can also play wing very well and can play with any type of linemates. If you think that's madness you must have just started watching hockey recently. It happens every trade deadline and in this case he can be retained and we can take any cap back. His point totals are much lower than they would be on any other team... The Ducks are literally the worst defensive team (GA wise) in NHL history right now. We never have the puck. Our whole defense cannot get the puck from the opposition.

Reactions: duckpuck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
late 1st for a 2c that can play on any line, win faceoffs, play defense and chip in offensively sounds about right. He can also play wing very well and can play with any type of linemates. If you think that's madness you must have just started watching hockey recently. It happens every trade deadline and in this case he can be retained and we can take any cap back.
Not to mention a 2nd year at a potentially retained price

Reactions: duckpuck

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Late 1st for a 2c that can play on any line, win faceoffs, play defense, play consistently nightly and chip in offensively sounds about right. He can also play wing very well and can play with any type of linemates. If you think that's madness you must have just started watching hockey recently. It happens every trade deadline and in this case he can be retained and we can take any cap back. His point totals are much lower than they would be on any other team... The Ducks are literally the worst defensive team (GA wise) in NHL history right now. We never have the puck.

You're outlining exactly why he is producing like he is.

He's an all situational player on a bad team.

Not to mention a 2nd year at a potentially retained price

That could also be a burden..

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
You're outlining exactly why he is producing like he is.

He's an all situational player on a bad team.
So a team that never has the puck is a good situation? Makes sense. I'd bet you haven't watched a full Ducks game all season.... and I wouldn't blame you for it that's how bad they are. It's a chore watching this team. If you want to act like you know what you're talking about (about the Ducks) you should definitely turn a game on and see for yourself.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
So a team that never has the puck is a good situation? Makes sense. I'd bet you haven't watched a full Ducks game all season.... and I wouldn't blame you for it that's how bad they are. It's a chore watching this team. If you want to act like you know what you're talking about though you should definitely turn a game on and see for yourself.

<- I have to watch Ducks games because they are the only ones I get on local TV and at the bars I go to.

Henrique is fine. But he's not some like "missing piece". If he goes for a 1st that is absurd.

Could see a 2nd and a 3rd and a cap dump going back for him with retention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad