Value of: Adam Henrique to Pittsburgh

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
<- I have to watch Ducks games because they are the only ones I get on local TV and at the bars I go to.

Henrique is fine. But he's not some like "missing piece". If he goes for a 1st that is absurd.

Could see a 2nd and a 3rd and a cap dump going back for him with retention.
Well even better then I know it's your hockey evaluation. We disagree and everyone has an opinion.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
And Nashville gave up a 1st for Paul Gaustad. Who cares?

What team is going to give up a 1st for Adam Henrique right now?
Who knows what's going on behind the scenes, that's the point of speculation and this forum/thread all together. I'd assume a playoff team would be interested in a 2C making 3 million the next two seasons.

Reactions: McDonald19

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Who knows what's going on behind the scenes, that's the point of speculation and this forum/thread all together. I'd assume a playoff team would be interested in a 2C making 3 million the next two seasons.

What playoff team is paying a 1st for a 2C?

Every playoff team has a 2C besides Colorado.

Evaluating Henrique at a 1st is just insane. His contract is not a positive he is 33.. Every contender is in a cap issue.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
And Nashville gave up a 1st for Paul Gaustad. Who cares?

What team is going to give up a 1st for Adam Henrique right now?
Carolina perhaps, we shall see.

What playoff team is paying a 1st for a 2C?

Every playoff team has a 2C besides Colorado.

Evaluating Henrique at a 1st is just insane. His contract is not a positive he is 33.. Every contender is in a cap issue.
He is more of a 2LW that fills in at 2C. The Ducks would be retaining, if needed.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Honestly I wouldn’t expect the pens to make big moves… I wouldn’t call them contender they are kinda in the grey spot waiting for the end of the malkin letang and malkin window.

They should just be holding onto assets, don’t think they stand a chance against top teams in the east
We sold our soul to the Devil for the back to back. We been trending way downhill ever since, mind you they keep a coach that doesn't know what he's doing anymore and constantly gets bounced in r1 not understanding what happens. Ah well, it was a good run. Surprisingly we dominated the Rags last post season but when you're playing your 3rd string and the other team purposly takes out your best player not a recipe for good things.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Yup, but some posters in here think 1sts are only traded for superstars.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We sold our soul to the Devil for the back to back. We been trending way downhill ever since, mind you they keep a coach that doesn't know what he's doing anymore and constantly gets bounced in r1 not understanding what happens. Ah well, it was a good run. Surprisingly we dominated the Rags last post season but when you're playing your 3rd string and the other team purposly takes out your best player not a recipe for good things.
Got the cups that’s the goal lol

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Duck fans can keep Henrique if they want. But also just be aware that if they had traded Gibson earlier, maybe they would have an even quicker rebuild.

• Haha
Reactions: Dirk316

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Everyone wants a 1st sure but that's not the way it always works. Market will dictate that and I would be surprised to see Henrique go for a 1st this year. Sure he could but I would be surprised.

I know Ducks fans are saying well then we will just keep him but when a rebuilding team get offered a 2nd in what is supposed to be a deep draft isn't that a solid as well?

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Duck fans can keep Henrique if they want. But also just be aware that if they had traded Gibson earlier, maybe they would have an even quicker rebuild.
If the Avs traded for Gibson earlier they'd probably have more than one cup.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
1st for Henrique now? jesus is every player on every roster worth a 1st all of a sudden? Pens should rebuild and trade our players for 1sts.

Actually the Pens probably should be trading their players for firsts, but given Sid and the rest of their roster, they won't. That horse is out of the barn as of the last off season when the resigned Malkin and Letang. The question isn't whether the Pens should trade their first. It is for whom?

Honestly I wouldn’t expect the pens to make big moves… I wouldn’t call them contender they are kinda in the grey spot waiting for the end of the malkin letang and malkin window.

They should just be holding onto assets, don’t think they stand a chance against top teams in the east

Maybe the Pens are content to be mediocre. But Hextall and Burke sure don't seem oriented to that (not to mention Sid, Malkin, Letang, and the rest of the veteran heavy roster).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
To be fair a good chunk of us were on board to trade gibson... prob still are... its unfortunate to see him waste his prime here w/ 0 defense and 0 support.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Carolina has rarely moved a 1st.
Not true, they just haven’t moved one for a rental.

2020 first was moved for Skjei.
2022 first was used in the Kotkaniemi offer sheet.

They prefer term, which is why Meier and Henrique are likely targets.

Reactions: Sigurd

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Is Henrique worth a 1st now? I haven't been paying much attention to his game lately but wasn;t he waived last year? teams could have had him for free. not saying it's impossible to get a 1st for him but can he still fetch a 1st?

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Is Henrique worth a 1st now? I haven't been paying much attention to his game lately but wasn;t he waived last year? teams could have had him for free. not saying it's impossible to get a 1st for him but can he still fetch a 1st?
He’s only worth a 1st with a good amount of retention, especially considering he has another year on his contract.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
He’s only worth a 1st with a good amount of retention, especially considering he has another year on his contract.
ahhhhh yeah I wasn't thinking of the retention ok ok I think given that he can fetch a 1st. he's not a bum and isnt waiver fodder. I think last season they were just testing the waters if they could dump his contract for free but hell if they can fetch a 1st by retaining itll help their rebuild alot

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
ahhhhh yeah I wasn't thinking of the retention ok ok I think given that he can fetch a 1st. he's not a bum and isnt waiver fodder. I think last season they were just testing the waters if they could dump his contract for free but hell if they can fetch a 1st by retaining itll help their rebuild alot

That was two years ago he was waived, during the shortened covid season. Whatever was wrong with him then, he's put it far in the rearview and has played really well. Not relevant today.

Other than that one strange partial season, he's been the same steady contributor his entire career.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
That was two years ago he was waived, during the shortened covid season. Whatever was wrong with him then, he's put it far in the rearview and has played really well. Not relevant today.

Other than that one strange partial season, he's been the same steady contributor his entire career.
ok thanks, man that was 2 years ago. time flies, anyways good luck with the trades and race for Bedard.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad