Confirmed with Link: Adam Fox wins the Norris Trophy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think Hedman gets it based on reputation and team success.

The silver lining is that this is potentially the first step for Fox to start getting credit for those same things and establish himself has a strong candidate moving forward.

That's a really shitty way to basically confirm that these awards are a f***ing joke and only given based on reputation

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
That’s why the only awards worth anything (in my mind) are the Richard and the Art Ross. Goals and points don’t lie.

Let's not forget the Pearson (Ted Lindsay), voted on by the NHLPA. Notable differences between Hart and Pearson, Jagr in 2005 beating Thornton. If Jagr won (like he should of), would of triggered a contract option and maybe Jagr never goes to the KHL.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
IMO—he absolutely earned it but I was wondering if he’d be one of the three finalists. I think Hedman is going to get this but it wouldn’t surprise me if Fox came in second. He had a better season than Makar did. The Rangers not making the playoffs helps kill his chances but for a 23 year old in his second NHL season that is f***ing stellar.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
IMO—he absolutely earned it but I was wondering if he’d be one of the three finalists. I think Hedman is going to get this but it wouldn’t surprise me if Fox came in second. He had a better season than Makar did. The Rangers not making the playoffs helps kill his chances but for a 23 year old in his second NHL season that is f***ing stellar.

I'd rather Makar win it than Hedman. Game for game Makar was slightly better than Fox . He missed time. So depending on how you weigh that it should be Fox or Makar. Does Makar being slightly better than Fox when both were healthy outweigh Fox's superb availability? It doesn't to me but I could see the argument either way. I could also see that being the trend for their careers. Makar being slightly better but being injury prone. But Hedman should not win this.

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The voting is done before the playoffs. They playoffs have NO effect on the results other than knowing certain guys will be in the playoffs at time of voting.
Ahh my mistake. I thought they just voted the 3 finalists before playoffs and the winners after. Thank you

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Are you kidding? I'll put money on it that it needs to be explained again this thread.
To be fair, as rangers fans we rarely have guys up for any awards so I rarely pay attention to them lol. I’m pulling for Fox this year though. He deserves it. He was the 1 constant stud from keeping people off the ledge about LaF kakko and Quinn.
Watching Panarin is always a treat but he doesn’t represent the future the way LaF kakko and Fox do

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Another reason Quinn should get a rock thrown at him Everytime he sets foot in MSG.

Putting Hajek, who was an absolute debacle, with Fox at the end while Lindy was hurt, prolly costs Fox the Norris.

Reactions: Synergy27

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Just the fact that he’s legitimately in the conversation is a huge, huge win.

Makar is better offensively. Fox is better defensively. Hedman is great all around and deserving of any and all accolades, he’s amazing.

No lose situation here.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Makar is a bonafide cornerstone stud who’s offense comes as easy as breathing for me. He’s that rare gem that just oozes offense and his D will improve over time. Fox is more cerebral and is slightly smarter

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
Preparing myself for Fox getting snubbed for the 2nd time in 2 years (last year with not being a Calder finalist).

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Just the fact that he’s legitimately in the conversation is a huge, huge win.

Makar is better offensively. Fox is better defensively. Hedman is great all around and deserving of any and all accolades, he’s amazing.

No lose situation here.
Hedman’s team was better with him off the ice this season.

great defenseman. He is only here because of name recognition, not for anything he did on the ice.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Probably better for us that Fox not win it before we get him locked up long term.

Reactions: bl02

JayAB81

Oct 18, 2020
I agree, Adam Fox should win the award, but I'm not counting on it, the thing that will be brought up is the Rangers missed the playoffs, despite Fox having a great year, he deserves it IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad