Confirmed with Link: Adam Fox wins the Norris Trophy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I also think he loses because he doesn't wear a cool Dman number like a 77 like Hedman does. 23? Jordan? This pompous sophomore pro thinks he's Jordan?

But seriously, getting nominated is a win in itself. Gives him real legitimacy for future voting.
It could be worse. He could wear 79.

Not mentioning any names.

Reactions: will1066

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I also think he loses because he doesn't wear a cool Dman number like a 77 like Hedman does. 23? Jordan? This pompous sophomore pro thinks he's Jordan?

But seriously, getting nominated is a win in itself. Gives him real legitimacy for future voting.
Even Lebron doesn't like 23 anymore.

Reactions: will1066

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I think if they win the cup Hedman is a lock. Playoffs are big in his favor. If not I say it’s between him and fox 60-40 but fox should win. He was solid for a longer stretch. Makar has a great year, Hedman and Fox were just better
The voting is done before the playoffs. They playoffs have NO effect on the results other than knowing certain guys will be in the playoffs at time of voting.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Travesty if he doesn't win it now. Hedman and Makar both had shotgun riders in Point/Stamkos and Mackinnon/Rantanen.

Fox had a adversely affected by COVID Mika and didn't have Panarin for half the year and out produced the other two while playing 25 minutes a night in all situations and being excellent in his own end.

The fix is in if he doesn't take it.
Fox has the highes quality of competition and lowest quality of teammates between the 3. Best defensive metrics too. And most points.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
There's no way he wins it with the Rangers missing the playoffs. Journalists are f***ing Neanderthals like GMs. Every freaking award that's based on voting is a mess.

Selke and Norris are probably the worst. Always goes to a player based on reputation, not recent performance.

I think Hedman gets it based on reputation and team success.

The silver lining is that this is potentially the first step for Fox to start getting credit for those same things and establish himself has a strong candidate moving forward.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The voting is done before the playoffs. They playoffs have NO effect on the results other than knowing certain guys will be in the playoffs at time of voting.

I don't understand why this needs to be explained every year.

Technically speaking...the voting did end after the playoffs started this year. I believe May 20th, so a bunch of teams had already played at least two games in Round 1.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I think Hedman gets it based on reputation and team success.

The silver lining is that this is potentially the first step for Fox to start getting credit for those same things and establish himself has a strong candidate moving forward.

Yes, this has been said, with the second point having been made by me personally. Yet when you say it, there's more believability.

The main thing is that Fox got his foot in the door. Now he will be in there forever.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

Is that not an effect though? Knowing that a defenceman helped his team make the playoffs (or almost certainly make the playoffs) could influence how someone votes, even if it is not supposed to.

As Machinehead said, the Norris winner is generally based on perceived reputation more than any thing else, but I think it would be short sighted to assume league position isn't a factor in voting - it just might not be the deciding one

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Is that not an effect though? Knowing that a defenceman helped his team make the playoffs (or almost certainly make the playoffs) could influence how someone votes, even if it is not supposed to.

As Machinehead said, the Norris winner is generally based on perceived reputation more than any thing else, but I think it would be short sighted to assume league position isn't a factor in voting - it just might not be the deciding one
Yes, but there were comments about Tampa winning the cup affecting the vote.

Ah why bother

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yes, this has been said, with the second point having been made by me personally. Yet when you say it, there's more believability.

The main thing is that Fox got his foot in the door. Now he will be in there forever.

I agree with the thought process.

I don't like the factors that likely come into play this season, but like you I have to acknowledge them as a distinct possibility.

It's fine, I'll trade 2021 Norris for two or three more in the 2020s, along with a Smythe.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad