Confirmed with Link: Adam Fox wins the Norris Trophy

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Looking at the ballots for the Norris, the biggest WTF’s that jump out are Craig Button voting Letang for first place, the Arizona is writer having Chkyrun first, and Arthur Staple voting for Theodore, Makar and Nurse respectively
The first place vote for Chychrun was a vanity vote by Craig Morgan but don't sleep on this guy. He was a top 4-5 defenseman in the league this year. He's really good and carried the Coyotes as far as he could.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
CB4D1BFC-43E3-4046-AA9D-85D692337DDD.png

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I read things in the last few weeks about Kakko and Lafreniere being underwhelming. They haven't had the opportunity. Some people were talking about Kreider having a 40 goal season next season. That would be awful for the Rangers. Lafreniere needs to play more. Will all 3 left wingers get there? Panarin. Lafreniere. Kreider. No. There is not enough quality time for all three players to max out their production. I don't know if I am explaining my point very well.

Fox took advantage of the opportunity. He won the Norris. The Rangers would benefit with their two young wingers getting a better opportunity.

A 40 goal season? I like Kreider, but he's on the wrong side of 30 to be expecting him to have a 40 goal season when his next 30 goal season will be his first.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
The first place vote for Chychrun was a vanity vote by Craig Morgan but don't sleep on this guy. He was a top 4-5 defenseman in the league this year. He's really good and carried the Coyotes as far as he could.

any chance to get him?

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Breaking News: Fox wins second Norris tropy.

Chuck Norris Living Legend Award

"People create Chuck Norris tribute rooms in their homes. I keep an Adam Fox tribute room in my house. And I don't even follow hockey. What is that?" --Chuck Norris

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Breaking News: Fox wins second Norris tropy.

Chuck Norris Living Legend Award

"People create Chuck Norris tribute rooms in their homes. I keep an Adam Fox tribute room in my house. And I don't even follow hockey. What is that?" --Chuck Norris
:laugh:

I'm so happy and proud of Foxy!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Reactions: will1066

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Couple of takeaways:

Fleury wins the Vezina but only makes the 2nd all-star team?

Matthews' "look" is questionable. Like... "not allowed within 100m of a school" questionable.
Vasilevskiy - bomber, serial killer
Hedman - assassin for hire

Reactions: Nickmo82

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
FFS he JUST TURNED 30! Geez!

I'm not saying he's done. I'm just pointing out that it would seem quite unlikely that a guy who has never hit the 30 goal mark in his career is suddenly going to break out and pot 40 in his 10th season. I'd love to be wrong, but I feel like we already know what we have with him. I believe we will see more of the same...close to 30 goals and around 20 or so assists, for 50 or so points. We'd all love it if he found another level, but I don't think it should be expected.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I was whining about not having this all season and some crazy bastard actually made it. Crazy Bastard: if you’re on HF, you are the GOAT!

It’s impressive that crazy bastard went through all the plays the team whiffed on that Fox setup and even some of the “3rd assist” goals

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I'm not saying he's done. I'm just pointing out that it would seem quite unlikely that a guy who has never hit the 30 goal mark in his career is suddenly going to break out and pot 40 in his 10th season. I'd love to be wrong, but I feel like we already know what we have with him. I believe we will see more of the same...close to 30 goals and around 20 or so assists, for 50 or so points. We'd all love it if he found another level, but I don't think it should be expected.
As 3LW, even with PP time, I'd expect closer to 20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad