Confirmed with Link: Adam Fox wins the Norris Trophy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
It's just a bitter Avs fan angry that Makar didn't win. They can't find flaws in Fox's play, so they harp on nonsense like a nickname.
Can always tell him that Makar skates prettier. Im all about de-escalating.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
can't wait to see what falls into our laps next.
JzeNEB3.png

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's just a bitter Avs fan angry that Makar didn't win. They can't find flaws in Fox's play, so they harp on nonsense like a nickname.
There's not really flaws in Foxys game so that's why you don't find them.

I personally thought Makar should've won it (go ahead, stone me), but given he missed a lot of games Fox was the obvious choice. Hedman had a poor year, there were plenty of defenders who should've been nominated before him like McAvoy.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If you watched this kid play every night you know he deserved this award.

His awareness and intelligence on the ice, even in the NHL is next level shit and is game changing.

That’s what these types of awards are all about.

I get fans being upset their guy didn't win it. But you can't watch Adam Fox this past season and not come away at least thinking he deserved it as much as anyone.

You just can't, not without being one of those fans who has absolutely no clue what in the hell they are actually watching.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

I personally thought Makar should've won it (go ahead, stone me), but given he missed a lot of games Fox was the obvious choice. Hedman had a poor year, there were plenty of defenders who should've been nominated before him like McAvoy.

Chychrun should have been runner up

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I get fans being upset their guy didn't win it. But you can't watch Adam Fox this past season and not come away at least thinking he deserved it as much as anyone.

You just can't, not without being one of those fans who has absolutely no clue what in the hell they are actually watching.
Heady plays require heady, err…eyes?

Reactions: Mac n Gs

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Chychrun should have been runner up
Him too, a lot of guys IMO who could've been there instead of Hedman. Hedman got there because of reputation, because while he is the best D in the league he really didn't have a good season.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

It’s funny though that this pissed off a variety of people from different groups and all for totally unrelated reasons.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I personally thought Makar should've won it (go ahead, stone me), but given he missed a lot of games Fox was the obvious choice. Hedman had a poor year, there were plenty of defenders who shoul've been nominated before him like McAvoy.

He isn't great at defending the front of his own net and often forgets to lift sticks.

You can copy and paste this statement and apply it to 95% of NHL defensemen though, many of whom have won the Norris.

Makar's drawbacks for the award are simple for me - He ate softer minutes, isn't nearly as good defensively (even if he's a bit underrated, he improved a bunch from year 1 to 2) and played on a f***ing power house offensive team. Now he was a pretty big part of said powerhouse but his quality of teammates were more than slightly better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad