Prospect Info: Adam Engstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Funny way to spell average sized 80 pt forward with barn burning speed but I’m partial to the king’s English myself!

Tomato Tomahto

4ulg0y3ifl751.jpg

In other news, I wonder which Habfans are still chanting "Guy" at the TVA studios for Latendresse. Hmmm...

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I think Habfans are Olympic Gold Medalists at counting their chickens before they've hatched. Dach hasn't even shown himself to be consistent yet. Let's give Newhook a few NHL games rather than just a scrimmage before we anoint him steal of the century.
Right? I'm happy we got him and everything, he's a very good player and stuff, but 38 points in 58 games isn't anything very special.

We've just been so starved for centers for 25 years, anything looks great. What we saw last year as a tall/big, overall average 2nd line center. I'm hoping for more this year.

(I'm personally praying Monahan stays heantly, or Newhook makes it at C, or Hughes finds another REAL center and we can play Dach at RW with Suzuki and Caufield, as that's where he's been the most useful. Also, he statistically sucks at faceoffs).

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Right? I'm happy we got him and everything, he's a very good player and stuff, but 38 points in 58 games isn't anything very special.

We've just been so starved for centers for 25 years, anything looks great. What we saw last year as a tall/big, overall average 2nd line center. I'm hoping for more this year.

(I'm personally praying Monahan stays heantly, or Newhook makes it at C, or Hughes finds another REAL center and we can play Dach at RW with Suzuki and Caufield, as that's where he's been the most useful. Also, he statistically sucks at faceoffs).
He has been most useful at C, he had his best games at center.

You won't find a better prototype center than Dach with his tools and size.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He has been most useful at C, he had his best games at center.

You won't find a better prototype center than Dach with his tools and size.
Yeah I'm not sure why MSL is starting him at center. At any rate, I don't think it's a big deal for now.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I know. But you can't be an effective C in the NHL with a FO% around 38%.
This.

Dach has everything to be a potential dream centre, except this guy can't win a faceoff.

Hopefully Dvorak gers healthy and he stays healthy along with Monahan, so they can constantly work with him on draws in practice.

Reactions: MasterD

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I know. But you can't be an effective C in the NHL with a FO% around 38%.

Jack Hugues has 4 straight seasons of 35% FO%. Obviously Dach isn't and won't be producing at JH level but this FO thing is kinda overblown presently. Yes he will need to improve but I think MSL made the right call to tell him to not worry about this for now and concentrate on the rest.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Last game I watched he wasn't establishing a tight gap at all, gave the attacker way too much space.
He's used to big rinks and it show. He's not timing it yet to Nhl hochey rinks size.

Oh once he adapts and gets some rep to break old habits, he'll be solid!

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Dach on Suzuki wing was a great line last season. It could be an option if Dach slips as a center.

Reactions: MasterD

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
this FO thing is kinda overblown presently
It is until it isn't. We've had this same discussion since Suzuki started moving up the ladder. Faceoffs are definitely not overblown. There are critical draws every game that need to be won. Both sides of the special teams are must wins. Dzone draws can't be lost cleanly. Ozone draws need winger wins at the very least. Suzuki and Dach don't get away with the cheating some of the vets enjoy and the best faceoff guys all know how to push the envelope. I'm expecting Suzuki will start getting a little more slack as he matures. Dach has way to go yet in that category

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It is until it isn't. We've had this same discussion since Suzuki started moving up the ladder. Faceoffs are definitely not overblown. There are critical draws every game that need to be won. Both sides of the special teams are must wins. Dzone draws can't be lost cleanly. Ozone draws need winger wins at the very least. Suzuki and Dach don't get away with the cheating some of the vets enjoy and the best faceoff guys all know how to push the envelope. I'm expecting Suzuki will start getting a little more slack as he matures. Dach has way to go yet in that category

But how often are they out on critical draws? Like Malkin has been a terrible face-off guy his entire career, he gets on the ice in critical moments. Outside of an icing, and then it's the wingers responsibility to get in there and win the tied draw, which is what would be on if they didn't like the match-up or side.

If they need a critical draw, most often its the 3C.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Guhle Reinbacher Hutson Mailloux Trudeau Engstrom Harris Xhekaj Konyushkov Struble Norlinder Barron

Gonna be hard to predict the best of the bunch.

Guhle Reinbacher Hutson Engstrom Xhekaj Mailloux might be it with Struble, Harris or Trudeau being the swing 7th man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad