Value of: Actual realistic offers for Chychrun from other fanbases

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Honestly as a Sens fan I want the Sens to take a risk on Nikushkin from the Avs,

Chychrun for Nickushkin straight up I just feel like it would be a worth while risk for the sens, the Avs get a top for D-man and the Sens get a winger

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
To Philly:
J. Chychrun
S. Pinto
2024 1st rd pick #7

To Ott.
Travis Konecny
Morgan Frost
E. Zamula Fla 2024 1st rd pick

Have fun
Not a chance in hell.

Rebuttal:

To Philly:
J. Chychrun
R. Greig
2024 BOS 1st rd pick #25

To Ott.
Travis Konecny
Oliver Bonk
2024 FLA 1st rd pick #32

Ridley's father Mark also played for the Philly + he's exactly a Flyers type player.

Reactions: Kaizen

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
His value is very low right now. Maybe a late first but I doubt it unless a contender becomes desperate. I think you are looking at something like a 2nd + a B/C-prospect as the return.
Lol OK. 'Very low'. He's a 26 year old top 4 D man that just scored 41 points is 6'2 and can skate at a reasonable cap hit. You think a team wouldn't give up a late first. You're absolutely lost. OP asked for reasonable you didn't even read the title.

Not a chance in hell.

Rebuttal:

To Philly:
J. Chychrun
R. Greig
2024 BOS 1st rd pick #25

To Ott.
Travis Konecny
Oliver Bonk
2024 FLA 1st rd pick #32

Ridley's father Mark also played for the Philly + he's exactly a Flyers type player.
That's not really any better. Lol. Sens aren't trading Greig. They need more players like him they're way too easy to play against.

Reilly Smith, Pierre Olivier-Joseph's RFA rights, Owen Pickering, 2024 2nd.
That's a deal that actually makes sense. Thank you.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Reilly Smith, Pierre Olivier-Joseph's RFA rights, Owen Pickering, 2024 2nd.
If Chychrun is willing to sign with us long term I would absolutely do this deal, and I think it’s pretty fair for Ottawa.

But as others mentioned, that’s a lot for the Pens to cough up for a rental. Would need a gentleman’s agreement in place

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
the all in false narrative has to die, not just for nyr
most of the time it is pure stupidity
it does not work 99% of the time and cannibalizes futures which means if you don't win the cup you are worse off trying to match a competitive season and improve

the smart play is to continue to build, try to make intelligent moves
and extend your window = legit chance to make a run until your core ages out forcing rebuild

that is why if you have an old core with maybe only a season or 2 left, THEN MAYBE you go all in

----------------

besides this ^, Chych is not a fit as a rental, and we do not have spare cap for him
he is good but flawed

The deal here is foundation piece + for foundation piece +

LaF + Gabe P + Lindgren
for
Sanderson + Pinto + Bost 2024 1st + OTT 2025 + 2026 2nds

LaF = superior Steve Vickers W w/elite potential, excellent 5x5,
helps immediately w/scoring
AND is a marketing coup w/the quebec side of the fan base
x 2 b'c Habs did not cough up for a foundation piece
will need long term contract around the corner but likely less than Sanderson short term

Gabe P = mid 1st round steal elc will help as soon as he is ready, possibly 20245
Lindgren has 2 2nds value but is a short term clear the crease stopgap

--------
Rs will gamble Scanlin is ready; Fortescue looks promising but is a yr away
Othman replaces LaF

Sanderson = partner for Fox

Pinto = 3C for Cuylle - Kakko if Chytil not up to it, useful if he does
and picks help

I think you're trying to fleece the Sens here, Bern. No one coming from the Rangers can pry that kind of deal out of Ottawa. At the very least you have the picks on the wrong side.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Would something around trouba a pick and/or kakko be a consideration? We could take a contract like Joseph to help balance money as needed.

I know the first reaction is to slam this but there are two legitimate reasons I look at trouba in a deal here. 1. It helps balance the LD RD thing for Ottawa and for nyr. 2. Trouba could take some of the pressure/role off of Brady for the leadership and physicality, and maybe let the kid breathe a little bit again.

I realize the modified ntc comes to play, but Ottawa doesn't feel like Winnipeg (no offense) when it comes to that Canadian city isolation he didn't really seem to care for in the past. I don't know the implications for his wife's career and such that played into the NYC move.

Trouba didn't want out of Winnipeg because it was Winnipeg, he wanted out so his wife could continue her career and could only do that in the US.

Winnipeg being Winnipeg is a big factor a lot of the time but it was not a factor in Trouba's situation.

Reactions: Hobnobs

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Lol OK. 'Very low'. He's a 26 year old top 4 D man that just scored 41 points is 6'2 and can skate at a reasonable cap hit. You think a team wouldn't give up a late first. You're absolutely lost. OP asked for reasonable you didn't even read the title.

Seriously.
Despite playing his offside where he was clearly extremely uncomfortable, despite not playing on the #1 PP unit Chychrun still put up 14 goals and 41pts.

He is entirely capable of playing decent defence because we saw him do it on his proper side at the end of the previous year after the trade.
The Sens were an absurd tire fire last year, and no one suffered from the lack of structure more than JC.

People are talking about this guy like he’s missing an arm, it’s ridiculous.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
Not a chance in hell.

Rebuttal:

To Philly:
J. Chychrun
R. Greig
2024 BOS 1st rd pick #25

To Ott.
Travis Konecny
Oliver Bonk
2024 FLA 1st rd pick #32

Easy pass from Philly. TK is worth much more.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Trouba didn't want out of Winnipeg because it was Winnipeg, he wanted out so his wife could continue her career and could only do that in the US.

Winnipeg being Winnipeg is a big factor a lot of the time but it was not a factor in Trouba's situation.
Fair enough, there has been speculation from talking heads that all Canadian teams are included on his limited ntc. Wish we actually knew the truth.

Would a swap of chychrun and a pick for chytil make sense? Chytil has a couple more years but also has some injury risk, although chychrun has had the same through his career (last year withstanding). Chytil for chychrun and a '25 2nd?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
respectfully disagree
Sanderson not overrated but LaF IS criminally underrated
I mean you cant be remotely realistic about anything Rangers so why even argue.

Would a swap of chychrun and a pick for chytil make sense? Chytil has a couple more years but also has some injury risk, although chychrun has had the same through his career (last year withstanding). Chytil for chychrun and a '25 2nd?
Ottawa is adding? Chytil is a hit away from never playing again. This is insane.

Easy pass from Philly. TK is worth much more.
He's a UFA to be same as Chychrun and he always gets injured. Like Marner his value isnt nearly as high as everyone seems to think. I think its funny how everyone elses UFA's are worth an arm and a leg but the sens is worthless.

If Chychrun is willing to sign with us long term I would absolutely do this deal, and I think it’s pretty fair for Ottawa.

But as others mentioned, that’s a lot for the Pens to cough up for a rental. Would need a gentleman’s agreement in place
Is a full season a rental now? Isnt Reilly Smith a year away from UFA and Pitt is trying to move him for cap space?

Reactions: SNES

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I am fully realistic, incl as to complaining about major dis of LaF
@Machinehead posted somewhere I copied he is favorably slightly ahead of MacKinnon for first 4 years!
Granted, not same level of natural ability, etc.
But still, it is looking like LaF 1oA and Sand 5oA not off the mark, and you still make it out like night and day.

bold: physician, heal thyself

• Haha
Reactions: SNES

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009

Ottawa is adding? Chytil is a hit away from never playing again. This is insane.

He's a UFA to be same as Chychrun and he always gets injured. Like Marner his value isnt nearly as high as everyone seems to think. I think its funny how everyone elses UFA's are worth an arm and a leg but the sens is worthless.

Is a full season a rental now? Isnt Reilly Smith a year away from UFA and Pitt is trying to move him for cap space?
TK alone is far more the better player than Chychrun

Reactions: bleedblue94

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
To Philly:
J. Chychrun
S. Pinto
2024 1st rd pick #7

To Ott.
Travis Konecny
Morgan Frost
E. Zamula Fla 2024 1st rd pick

Have fun
Absolute trash.
TK alone is far more the better player than Chychrun
He is better yup, but Pinto has more value than both of them. 6'3 two way centers that are cost controlled that are just scratching the surface arent scraps.

I am fully realistic, incl as to complaining about major dis of LaF
@Machinehead posted somewhere I copied he is favorably slightly ahead of MacKinnon for first 4 years!
Granted, not same level of natural ability, etc.
But still, it is looking like LaF 1oA and Sand 5oA not off the mark, and you still make it out like night and day.

bold: physician, heal thyself
No you are not realistic on any level. He isnt Mackinnon, doesnt play the same position didnt have the same rookie season wasnt as good a first overall and isnt the same level as explosive player. Sanderson has more value in a vacuum right now. Plus you want pinto and the better picks. Its absurd.

Reactions: StutzlesNumber1Fan

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

That's not really any better. Lol. Sens aren't trading Greig. They need more players like him they're way too easy to play against.

That's a deal that actually makes sense. Thank you.

He's so bad defensively that his offense is a net loss for the team. I said before the trade to Ottawa that whatever team is trading for him is going to regret it and that is still the case.

If you are impressed by 41 points by a 26 year old who can't for the life of him defend, that's your prerogative. He had a horrible season and his value is low unless someone is desperate.

Reactions: Hockeypete49

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No you are not realistic on any level. He isnt Mackinnon, doesnt play the same position didnt have the same rookie season wasnt as good a first overall and isnt the same level as explosive player. Sanderson has more value in a vacuum right now. Plus you want pinto and the better picks. Its absurd.
you misrepresenting facts will not get you off the hook

I said MacK = greater talent based on physical gifts, but despite that, LaF #s are impressive, fact they were over 4 yrs not rookie campaign is IRRELEVANT

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He's so bad defensively that his offense is a net loss for the team. I said before the trade to Ottawa that whatever team is trading for him is going to regret it and that is still the case.

If you are impressed by 41 points by a 26 year old who can't for the life of him defend, that's your prerogative. He had a horrible season and his value is low unless someone is desperate.
He was average defensively when playing the left side with Zub. He’s not a defensive stalwart by any means but when used properly he is very helpful.

Konecny is much better and much more proven than Pinto.
True, but as an asset Pinto is much more valuable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad