Abbotsford Canucks | Season Starting

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Brannstrom probably belongs in the NHL. The fit though is hard. PK duties on Van's left side Forbort and Soucy are needed. I could see a fit with the Wild or Islanders.
I know Ottawa had a tough season last year, but according to Hockey DB, Brannstrom played in 74 and 76 games in his last two seasons there. '

For a guy with a 'bad defensive rap' that's still an impressive number of games. It's not like he was getting scratched for three or four games in a row, during every month of the season.

I agree that he's probably an NHL d-man. It's just finding the right role or him, where he can play sheltered minutes on the defensive side of the puck; and have some free reign out there to use his natural offensive instincts.

Maybe they can figure that out in Abby before he comes up.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I know Ottawa had a tough season last year, but according to Hockey DB, Brannstrom played in 74 and 76 games in his last two seasons there. '

For a guy with a 'bad defensive rap' that's still an impressive number of games. It's not like he was getting scratched for three or four games in a row, during every month of the season.

I agree that he's probably an NHL d-man. It's just finding the right role or him, where he can play sheltered minutes on the defensive side of the puck; and have some free reign out there to use his natural offensive instincts.

It should be likely for him to get a game or two at the very least with us.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops

If we need Forbort for his size and PK prowess, then maybe the best spot for Brannstrom is to play as a LH guy on the right side with him on the 3rd pairing. Sub in Juulsen or Desharnais for him when needed.

Reactions: Lindgren

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
If we need Forbort for his size and PK prowess, then maybe the best spot for Brannstrom is to play as a LH guy on the right side with him on the 3rd pairing. Sub in Juulsen or Desharnais for him when needed.

I read Brannstrom actually likes playing on the right side.

Reactions: Lindgren

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Good to hear. Now we just wait till news for when they move out a few defenseman.

Can't be having Pettersson and Kudryavtsev playing minimal minutes. Don't want another Travis Green situation.
Pettersson got okay ice time in the first two games. Kudryavtsev was the one who didn't play as much but is clearly showing that he deserves the opportunity to play and develop. There is a wealth of competent AHL defencemen in Abbotsford and the organization will need to make some decisions. (Vancouver switching to 13/8 from 14/7 would be a start.)

Reactions: WTG and Lindgren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad