Post-Game Talk: A successful season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
That Ryan call, the puck hitting the ref on the 3rd goal, and the high stick goal made this game so infuriating to watch (not to mention Smith’s antics). And that’s not even mentioning that bullshit non offside call and subsequent powerplay goal from Game 1 which set this series on the wrong trajectory off the bat.

Really makes you question why you even bother sometimes. Now I can empathize with Flames fans a bit (but at least we didn’t get embarrassed by our arch rival).

Oh well. Onwards and upwards.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Well, the National broadcaster, CBC, your tax dollars at work got the "Killshot" they were hoping for all game. Imagine a National broadcaster cheering against the only Canadian team left. Uncanny. Really a disgrace. Cancel the CBC.

Helm and Lehkonen, two TDL adds, combine on the OT winning goal. Think about that. We added Brassard as a forward and he's not even deemed good enough to be in the lineup. AV's added two heros. Of note we have Malone taking the faceoff on 2nd shift of OT and the illustrious pairing of Nurse-Bouchard. What are we trying to lose?
I don’t get why we throw in Holloway to only play him under 4 minutes. What, you couldn’t play Brassard or Shore more than that?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
We need a goalie

BoA win was still sweet. Weaknesses exposed over and over against an elite team though. Holland needs to have a huge summer (probably won't)

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Clearly a high-risk. Smith was going to catch the puck above his head which was cross bar Level.

Smith cost us 3 of those 4 games. I hope mcdavid speaks up in the exit interview that was u acceptable

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm sorry to be negative but I can't feel good about this. Yes we beat Calgary and made it to round 3. Yes the experience is good for the group. But even a Hurculean effort by our top guys (even RNH was phenomenal) couldn't mask the gaping holes on the back end and it net. Everyone knew this coming into the season, and it was exposed this round. A competent GM with that much cap space surely could have done so much better than what we've been trotting out back there.
It can go 2 ways. Holland thinks this team is good enough and just brings back the same defence. Or he acknowledges how absolutely lucky this team got with McDavid and Drai going all world against Calgary

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I’m not gonna complain too much about the reviewed goal or other things. Just like the Coleman goal, none of it would’ve changed the ultimate outcome of the series imo. The Avs were better.
Honestly, I don't even care about the OT winner, high-stick or not. We were outclassed and had no chance without Draisaitl and Nurse at close to their peaks.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Ceci deflection is on Drai for not getting over to the point. Mackinnon one oir D got caught high. Keith and Bouchard weren't good on the OT goal.

This team just doesn't defend nearly well enough. If they want to actually get a Cup finals you're never gonna do it playing this fire wagon 5-4, 6-5 style.
Avs got to the Cup finals 6-5 style?

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Definitely a success. Final 4 is a big deal.

-What a brave performance by Drai--incredible
-Mc-d is the best player in the World
-Hyman a great surprise down the stretch and always comes to play
-McLeod emerged as a regular NHL'er and will be with the team for a lot of years
-Kane probably won't be back but it was a great move to have signed him

-Goaltending just wasn't good enough. I find it hard to believe that Kosko didn't warrant a start in the series. What did Smith do to justify all 4 starts? It's time to move on from this guy.

-The Oilers will have tough decisions to make on a few guys like Puls--he's well liked but his series was just brutal.

-Looking forward to seeing the new prospects in camp come September,
McLeod is going to be a stud. Book it.

As for Kane. I’m just so hopeful but I don’t know how we make the money work…I feel like all we can hope for is a crazy discount…

That said with all his previous stuff I wonder how many gms actually want him…

Reactions: MoontoScott

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
We didn’t win the WCF but we exceeded a lot of experts’ and fans’ expectations.
And, getting this far likely saved Holland’s butt along the way.
Now it’s his turn to do the right moves needed to succeed.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
All the fans attending this game should get their money back. The NHL officiating robbed you of the outcome. I'll play that. AV's get a goal with the official stopping up the puck in our zone, leads to goal. One of the worst phantom calls you'll ever see, on Ryan, leads to goal. Then of course no highstick on the winning goal. I mean did anybody expect a call on that? Nah, I didn't either. This just a shortlist of the one sided calls of the game and the AV's being allowed to constantly interfere, hold, to prevent our forecheck.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in this case the crossbar isn't the necessary point of reference (because he doesn't score directly on the play). Instead it's the players shoulder. At least that's my understanding of the rule.
That correct.

Reactions: Zenos

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I’m not gonna complain too much about the reviewed goal or other things. Just like the Coleman goal, none of it would’ve changed the ultimate outcome of the series imo. The Avs were better.
Avs were good enough to take it easy for half the series and do just enough to win.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad