Post-Game Talk: A successful season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
AVS fan coming in peace,

You guys are BRUTAL to play against. By FAR the toughest opponent yet. Not close, FAR better than anyone we've faced. Y'all a crumb away from a Stanley Cup, that's for certain. Hope y'all hang tough - your times just around the corner.

Appreciate some of y'all spending time in our GDT's, and being good sports.

Cheers guys :thumbu: PS. You had a GREAT season, as much as it stings right now.
You guys have one hell of a team in Denver and best of luck in the SCF. You guys must've had a Gritty voodoo doll at the draft where Makar landed on your lap on that draft. He's one hell of a defensemen.

Best of luck in the SCF, Avalanche fans.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Bednar and Cooper are two guys that Won everything they could before making the NHL. AHL Calder Cups we’re lifted, then they were ready for the show. I liked what Woody did all year, but in the offseason I stated we should be looking for a guys who dominated the AHL not did pretty good in the AHL. I hope we didn’t prematurely hitch our wagon to him out of necessity.

Woody won the (very short, asterisked) divisional only AHL playoffs in the covid year. He's also had some very good seasons with the Condors. It's not easy to win a Calder Cup either. You promote the coach you developed from within.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The off season game plan always made more sense retaining Lars and walking from Barrie. The team needed more steady D instead of puck movement at various points in the year. Still though, you can’t just want a too 3D and expect that’s realistic. Those players rarely get free by whoever has them.
A couple seem to move every offseason

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
AVS fan coming in peace,

You guys are BRUTAL to play against. By FAR the toughest opponent yet. Not close, FAR better than anyone we've faced. Y'all a crumb away from a Stanley Cup, that's for certain. Hope y'all hang tough - your times just around the corner.

Appreciate some of y'all spending time in our GDT's, and being good sports.

Cheers guys :thumbu: PS. You had a GREAT season, as much as it stings right now.
This is nice to say.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Probably the biggest difference between us and a the other top 4 teams. They all have a legit Norris contending top guy. Makar, Hedman, Fox are all guys we would have had no one to match up with.

These players are unicorns. You don’t get them through trade or free agency (don’t @ me about Fox, New York has the New York advantage). So we better blow our load on D-men at the draft and try to hit a home run. Glad we have our 1st this year, maybe we get lucky .

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Probably the biggest difference between us and a the other top 4 teams. They all have a legit Norris contending top guy. Makar, Hedman, Fox are all guys we would have had no one to match up with.

These players are unicorns. You don’t get them through trade or free agency (don’t @ me about Fox, New York has the New York advantage). So we better blow our load on D-men at the draft and try to hit a home run. Glad we have our 1st this year, maybe we get lucky .

Maybe Broberg is our Norris D

Reactions: Mav3rick07

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Whoever we draft this year wouldn’t be an impact player for like 4-5 years, that’s too late

Reactions: fresh meat

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Did he make some mistakes? Absolutely.
Did he turn a round a team that looked destined to draft high? Yes
Did he have a chance to properly implement his systems and have a summer of planning and roster building? Nope.
He deserves a look.

I don't know how anyone would want to move on from this coach unless they're biased or stuck on this one series that was likely not winnable barring a monumental Avs collapse. Woody took a team 5 points out of the playoffs and got the conference finals in his first season as a HC. And he got the team to shit on their biggest rival on the way to the conference finals, against almost all of the pundits "expert analysis"

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Due to cap issues, I think Kassian and Barrie will be on top of the trade list for Holland. Smith, I think it's best that he hangs them up doubt we will have a trade partner to trade him. Puljujarvi, not sure honestly. I think it depends what he wants to do and how much. Possible he may want to go back to Europe after this playoff run.
I'd keep Yamamoto but not PJ. He has really regressed and I'm not sure why. Agree with moving on from Kass . Barrie only if we can get a shut-down type of D.

Reactions: TypeSly

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Whoever we draft this year wouldn’t be an impact player for like 4-5 years, that’s too late
Depends how lucky we get. Guys like Seider are already there. Trade and free agency won’t get you this unicorn. Maybeeeee a top pair, non offensive guy, but that’s still a big maybe.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
You guys have one hell of a team in Denver and best of luck in the SCF. You guys must've had a Gritty voodoo doll at the draft where Makar landed on your lap on that draft. He's one hell of a defensemen.

Best of luck in the SCF, Avalanche fans.

Thanks mate, losing the lottery and falling to 4th overall I was absolutely filthy, and hated the world at the time! But I'll take Makar over Hischier, Patrick and Heiskanen any day of the week now hehehe!

Appreciate your kind words mate.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019

Would be nice, but a d man drafted this year may be a stud in 5 years, if you are lucky. By then if this teams isnt winning it’s not this team, it won’t have 97 or 29

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That would be an actual miracle. He doesn’t have it in his game. I’d be happy if he became a second pairing guy.

Wtf we agree on something?
Lol. I’m extremely low on him. I mean look at that dude Broberg Speed’s username, if he likes him… that’s an indictment rather than endorsement.

Reactions: Skar and fresh meat

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Mike Smith's temper tantrums after letting in goals just really adds to my level of frustration and negative feelings towards him. It's the worst. If he is the starter again next year... I'm giving up right now. Can't believe Woodcroft was so stubborn sticking with Smith all series long with how awful he was

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad