Post-Game Talk: A New Level of Suckage | Canucks 0 @ Jets 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
No idea why he went for a skate toward center ice after that bad breakout pass. Almost gave the Jets a clean 3-on-1.

It's still really early in his NHL career, but he's gone full Sbisa a few times.

He's not that young and does have quite a bit of pro experience as well.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Is this the worst hockey the nucks have ever played? Looks like they have completely packed it up.

It looks like they have no idea what they're doing. I think this is as much on the coaching staff as it is the players. Just guessing.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Honesty couldn't have hoped for more. He's easily better than Weber and Bartkowski. Fitting in nicely with Hamhuis.

I am wondering where that leaves Larsen? If Benning wants to go playoffs again can he really go into the season with Larsen at #4 untested? Sbisa as RS 2nd pairing? Interesting dilemma.

Pedan could be waived if Hamhuis is back. If the get a proven #4, Sbisa and Larsen could be 7-8, not bad.

Last edited:

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Grenier looks freaking inept. He's coughed the puck up for chances three times in this period.

Well, that's a weak call on the Tree.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Pedan is horrible. Hard to believe he's not only the same age as Corrado but was drafted higher.

It's ok though. Because third round picks barely make it right? And Benning is ahead of the curve getting these guys that can play now

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Grenier looks freaking inept. He's coughed the puck up for chances three times in this period.

I don't hate him. He covers a lot of ice. Creates turnovers. Decent positionally. We've got bigger problems on this roster, ones with a lot more NHL experience.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Well, that's a weak call on the Tree.

Yeah, Grenier seems like he'll top out as an AHL'er. Haven't seen any flashes of really strong play. He's not horrible or a big liability but nothing exciting either.

I like Gaunce though.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Petan is fun to watch. This powerplay of theirs definitely looks better.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Someone on cdc said the all time drought record is 233 minutes from 1984. It was on Tsn. So there we go. If we get shutout tonight we will be at 228 minutes... hahaha

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I don't hate him. He covers a lot of ice. Creates turnovers. Decent positionally. We've got bigger problems on this roster, ones with a lot more NHL experience.

I've really liked Grenier for a while now ... just pointing out he's been very weak in this period. A lot of the players look like they're playing afraid.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Yeah, Grenier seems like he'll top out as an AHL'er. Haven't seen any flashes of really strong play. He's not horrible or a big liability but nothing exciting either.

I like Gaunce though.

I'd be fine giving him half a season in Dorsett's spot before tossing him away. I'd like to see a fourth line next year of Kenins - Gaunce - Grenier but I doubt it ever happens.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I've really liked Grenier for a while now ... just pointing out he's been very weak in this period. A lot of the players look like they're playing afraid.

I've liked Grenier in the AHL games I've seen, might just be overthinking things in the NHL but he hasn't impressed me in any area of the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad