Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
1. This is the "Nate Danielson" thread.
2. When Zegras gets HHOF votes, let me know. If he humbles himself then he will have a good career.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Kane said he's impressed by Danielson in today's press conference.
Got the full blurb here. He went right into raving about Danielson

Reporter:
"Were you around enough this summer to any of the young guys, Danielson, Mazur, Kasper - any impressions of them?"

Kane:
"Yeah- yeah I mean Danielson's really impressive. Skated with him a little bit when I first came into Detroit. Uhm, y'know, lot of skill, kinda reminds me a little bit of Bedard the way he plays and the way he stickhandles and shoots. I know he's the high end prospect as well but he looks like he's got a bright future. Was actually on the same team as Mazur in the little 3 on 3 tournament and he was impressive as well. Just the way he shoots the puck and the way he's able to get his release off so quickly, I think he surprised some goaltenders with his shot."

Noted he hasn't seen much of Kasper but has been on ice with him a few times. Didn't note anything about Mazur.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I think the Wings have to give a legit shot to at least one or two of these forward prospects or we potentially end up with 4 guys being NHL ready and rookies next year in Danielson, Kasper, MBN, and Mazur.

Not to mention guys that could really jump ahead with another good development season in Lombardi, Finnie, Rychlovsky, Savage, Buch (prob 2 years).

Much like why I was a little annoyed about not bringing Ed up earlier last season, because now we have 2 potential rookies on D in him and Aljo, I wouldn't want to start a season with 4 forward rookies. This most likely means multiple guys getting sent down even if they are ready.

I think Danielson is the guy most likely to win a spot with Mazur getting 1st callup duty. I'd ideally like 2 up unless they really don't look ready.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I think the Wings have to give a legit shot to at least one or two of these forward prospects or we potentially end up with 4 guys being NHL ready and rookies next year in Danielson, Kasper, MBN, and Mazur.

Not to mention guys that could really jump ahead with another good development season in Lombardi, Finnie, Rychlovsky, Savage, Buch (prob 2 years).

Much like why I was a little annoyed about not bringing Ed up earlier last season, because now we have 2 potential rookies on D in him and Aljo, I wouldn't want to start a season with 4 forward rookies. This most likely means multiple guys getting sent down even if they are ready.

I think Danielson is the guy most likely to win a spot with Mazur getting 1st callup duty. I'd ideally like 2 up unless they really don't look ready.

I’d be totally fine with 3 or 4 rookie forwards.

Lose Copp. Lose Fischer and Motte. Let the kids play and develop chemistry.

Berggren - Kasper - Mazur would be better than any 3rd or 4th line the wings could have iced last season.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I think Kasper should stay in the AHL and really dominate offensively at that level to develop his offense. Danielson on the team with Mazur as the call up is best.

Raymond-Larkin-DBC
Kane-Danielson-Tarasenko
Rasmussen-Compher-Berggren
Fischer-Copp-Veleno
Motte

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
So is everyone feeling like Nate's a lock to be on the roster out of training camp? That seems to be the vibe I'm getting.

I would love that but as I mentioned in the other thread, that would mean we cut a goalie or defenseman

Based on what management has done in the past, I don't expect that to happen regardless of how good Danielson looks unfortunately

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I’d be totally fine with 3 or 4 rookie forwards.

Lose Copp. Lose Fischer and Motte. Let the kids play and develop chemistry.

Berggren - Kasper - Mazur would be better than any 3rd or 4th line the wings could have iced last season.
I don't disagree with that but I guess its my lack of belief that Yzerman is going to rock a lineup of the below with 4 rookies. I actually think we might see a Trouba for Copp deal next off season.

DBC-Larkin-MBN
Tank-Danielson-Ray
Kasper-Compher-Bergy
Mazur-Veleno-Ras

I actually rather like that lineup but if we do make the playoffs next season and we likely have a rookie in goal as at least the backup, is Yzerman/Lalonde going to trust 4-6 rookies to get us back to the playoffs.

I could 100% see this lineup if say Danielson and one of the others play most of this season.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I don't disagree with that but I guess its my lack of belief that Yzerman is going to rock a lineup of the below with 4 rookies. I actually think we might see a Trouba for Copp deal next off season.

DBC-Larkin-MBN
Tank-Danielson-Ray
Kasper-Compher-Bergy
Mazur-Veleno-Ras

I actually rather like that lineup but if we do make the playoffs next season and we likely have a rookie in goal as at least the backup, is Yzerman/Lalonde going to trust 4-6 rookies to get us back to the playoffs.

I could 100% see this lineup if say Danielson and one of the others play most of this season.

DBC - Larkin - Raymond
Compher - Danielson - Kane
Tank - Kasper - Berggren
Rasmussen - Veleno - Mazur

Or something similar is what I'd like to see. That's a major speed and youth injection into the team that I think Detroit is holding off on doing because the money invested in vets like Copp. Our best kids are about as ready as they'll ever be. I want to see them on the team learning at the best level.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't believe he is ahead of Kasper or Mazur
Wings brass have been heavily tipping that he is for a calendar year.

I know I have been saying for a while I thought he would be up. Unusual for all of your guys to make it through training camp and the preseason.

As long as you’re playing the right defense, putting more zone entry guys into our lineup is also a big reason for this in my opinion. That is a huge advantage of Danielson on the squad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad