WJC: 9 years without a loss in the group stage

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Victory over Sweden last night proves that the rivalry really is big in Sweden. In that way, gotta love the amount of bitterness. They couldn't care any more. They hate losing us, they hate us. In my opinion, Swedes hardly have been classy winners for us neither.

Group stage domination is nice but it is not what wins you WJC golds.. I know, because Finland has 3 golds aready and chance for 4th today. :P

For sake of Nice Swedes, I hope you get over it and I hope you get to enjoy winning soon.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
This is impressive. Swedish athletes are top notch. Really impressive for a country of that size to produce so much high end athletes in various sports.

Is it that Swedish junior coaching is so good? Or is there something in the water there?

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Finland, when wins a game vs Sweden they are more superior than Sweden. And they are best in the world. Lololololol.

Finland best achievement is world sauna championships. Lol

Currently we are a superior u20 team indeed. Your meaningless group-stage win streak doesn't change that.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
Currently we are a superior u20 team indeed. Your meaningless group-stage win streak doesn't change that.

superior for this year, this tournament but produced no-names NHL players as usual apart from that "flashy" guy that has pineapple medal on? :sarcasm:

superior for world sauna championships, i give you that :naughty:

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Victory over Sweden last night proves that the rivalry really is big in Sweden. In that way, gotta love the amount of bitterness. They couldn't care any more. They hate losing us, they hate us. In my opinion, Swedes hardly have been classy winners for us neither.

Group stage domination is nice but it is not what wins you WJC golds.. I know, because Finland has 3 golds aready and chance for 4th today. :P

For sake of Nice Swedes, I hope you get over it and I hope you get to enjoy winning soon.

I will admit that i hate losing to Finland. However, it's not because i hate the team itself or the country itself, it's more because i feel that you will constantly be reminded of Finland wins over Sweden, even when the subject isn't even about hockey. I'm still hearing "6-1", even though this was nearly 5 years ago now. I sometimes feel like the fins are somewhat obsessed with bashing Sweden, i have even heard of fins that would rather win against Sweden, and then get eliminated, than just go all the way and win gold. I was a little bit surprised though that Sweden wasn't booed in the semi-final against Finland, i totally expected that. I also thought there would be massive pressure from the finnish fans on the stands, but didn't really see that either. So far, i haven't really heard much about this game from fins, but who knows, maybe i will.

Personally, i think Finland cares more about this rivalry than what the swedes does. We're used to "rivalries", like Danmark in football (soccer), and Norway in skiing. I don't really think that the Finland-Sweden "rivalry" is based on much at all. The game itself is no different for me than a game against Russia, Canada, USA etc.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
I will admit that i hate losing to Finland. However, it's not because i hate the team itself or the country itself, it's more because i feel that you will constantly be reminded of Finland wins over Sweden, even when the subject isn't even about hockey. I'm still hearing "6-1", even though this was nearly 5 years ago now. I sometimes feel like the fins are somewhat obsessed with bashing Sweden, i have even heard of fins that would rather win against Sweden, and then get eliminated, than just go all the way and win gold. I was a little bit surprised though that Sweden wasn't booed in the semi-final against Finland, i totally expected that. I also thought there would be massive pressure from the finnish fans on the stands, but didn't really see that either. So far, i haven't really heard much about this game from fins, but who knows, maybe i will.

Personally, i think Finland cares more about this rivalry than what the swedes does. We're used to "rivalries", like Danmark in football (soccer), and Norway in skiing. I don't really think that the Finland-Sweden "rivalry" is based on much at all. The game itself is no different for me than a game against Russia, Canada, USA etc.

Practically no one in Finland "hates" Sweden either. I keep reading about this "Finns hate Swedes"-stuff, and I always shake my head at it because it isn't true. Even those who like to rub it in after a win (which is stupid) realize that there isn't a better country to have as a neighbour than Sweden. We're practically identical as societies and culturally. I think the sibling metaphor is quite good because brothers fight all the time but still love each other. And it is strictly a sports based rivalry, there has never been political strife between the countries.

And I don't think Sweden has ever been booed in any sports event in Finland. Quite shocking if people expect Sweden to get booed here. Quite far from it, for example when Finland fails to qualify for soccer World Cup, most soccer people support Sweden. And Finns love visiting Sweden, there are a lot more Finnish tourists in Sweden than Swedish tourists in Finland.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Practically no one in Finland "hates" Sweden either. I keep reading about this "Finns hate Swedes"-stuff, and I always shake my head at it because it isn't true. Even those who like to rub it in after a win (which is stupid) realize that there isn't a better country to have as a neighbour than Sweden. We're practically identical as societies and culturally. I think the sibling metaphor is quite good because brothers fight all the time but still love each other. And it is strictly a sports based rivalry, there has never been political strife between the countries.

And I don't think Sweden has ever been booed in any sports event in Finland. Quite shocking if people expect Sweden to get booed here. Quite far from it, for example when Finland fails to qualify for soccer World Cup, most soccer people support Sweden. And Finns love visiting Sweden, there are a lot more Finnish tourists in Sweden than Swedish tourists in Finland.

:handclap:

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden

Nice to see! Good post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad