PGT: 9/19 - Russia vs North America - Russia 4 North America 3 F

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
The hate on Eichel is absurd, guess what Matthews has been hot in the tourny but it means nothing to the season. McDavid has looked fast and skilled but has seemed incapable of actually scoring yet I don't hear any overblown derogatory statements about him.

Eichel has looked good at times, but its hard to play on an all-star team for the first time when you are a puck carrier. Matthews is a 50/50 guy thus works well on the wing, where as Eichel and McDavid need the puck to work their magic.

P.S. RNH and MacKinnon are better than I remember. Well MacKinnon was a good rookie but they both look great.

satbank

Jan 11, 2014
How do you bench the line that gave you the opportunity to tied the game? RNH-MacKinnon should be the one with 20+ minutes.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
Maclellan should not have been the coach of this team, way too much bias in his decision making. Everyone and their mother knew it should of been the "2nd" unit out there for that 5-3 and yet Maclellan sends out his golden boy along with 3 other kids with 1 NHL season or less under their belts. Then you look at the score sheet and notice McDavid line with 5 more minutes played than any other line... Gaudreau, Mackinnon, and RNH should be leading the forwards in ice time and relied upon to tie the game in dying minutes, not a couple of 19 year old kids.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
It's still early in his career I know...
But maybe the Eichel just isn't ready for the NHL yet? With a certain fanbase hounding him, the pressure of being considered the next American superstar, **** I wouldn't be able to handle that ****.
Maybe having him in the minors for another year or two to develop a bit wouldn't have been a bad idea. The kid is only 19. At 19 I was complete ******** who had no idea what I wanted to do.
Not much has changed... but I'd like to think I have a bit of a better head on my shoulders now. I actually feel really bad for Eichel, and I hope Meclennan doesnt ruin him.

Go watch tennis...you don't know the game of hockey.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Maclellan should not have been the coach of this team, way too much bias in his decision making. Everyone and their mother knew it should of been the "2nd" unit out there for that 5-3 and yet Maclellan sends out his golden boy along with 3 other kids with 1 NHL season or less under their belts. Then you look at the score sheet and notice McDavid line with 5 more minutes played than any other line... Gaudreau, Mackinnon, and RNH should be leading the forwards in ice time and relied upon to tie the game in dying minutes, not a couple of 19 year old kids.

The thing is though I believe the Gaudreau line had just be out on a shift, so going to the first unit PP was the right call.

Gaudreau should replace one of Eichel or Matthews or Schiefle on that unit though. That's the mistake.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well one was that sudden weird bounce back off the board which the Russian batted outa midair...still when ur feeling good the puck has a habit of hitting u...NOT SO MUCH, when ur not...

Yah that one went off the inside of the post and in... Some pucks are just going to go in.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Russia has better finishers up front

Ya they took over at crucial moments in the game...still the Kidz really counter punched...got up off the mat and fired back...Russians were hanging on for dear life by the end...

SAVED BY THE BELL :handclap:

Audi*

Nov 22, 2009

could not disagree more

mcdcvid Eichel and matthews are just... better..

noticeably better

mackinnon is a good #4 to those 3

satbank

Jan 11, 2014

:handclap: Too true.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Matthews' hockey sense is blowing McDavid's out of the water. If Connor didn't have these pretty, but fruitless rushes, he would honestly be considered the worst player on the ice.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Johnny should do the bird celly looking at Mclellan everytime he scores against the Oilers.

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
warms my heart to see some oilers fans downplaying gaudreau's impact/defending maclellan's consensus-horrible usage

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
The thing is though I believe the Gaudreau line had just be out on a shift, so going to the first unit PP was the right call.

Gaudreau should replace one of Eichel or Matthews on that unit though. That's the mistake.

No; that PP unit just had a dominant shift to get them within 1 minutes earlier in the game... You either send them out tired or call a time out to rest them... But you get them out there on the ice.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013

McLellan devotes all pp personnel and strategy decisions to Jay Woodcroft, one of the assistant coaches for team North America.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
NA's Powerplay should consist of MacKinnon in front of the net and Gaudreau on the side wall. Fill in the other 3 blanks.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Kuzy is a peacock?

:laugh:

No, he's Iron Man, and he's flying out there.

evgeny-kuznetsov-ironman-960x480.jpg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Matthews' hockey sense is blowing McDavid's out of the water. If Connor didn't have these pretty, but fruitless rushes, he would honestly be considered the worst player on the ice.

lol, McDavid was easily the best player on the ice for the first half of the game, MacKinnon or Reilly probably for the second half of the game.

You can't win games allowing 4 goals in like 10 minutes, this was a good lesson learned for the kids. They let up too much and gave the Russians too much space for a stretch there and got burned for it.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The hate on Eichel is absurd, guess what Matthews has been hot in the tourny but it means nothing to the season. McDavid has looked fast and skilled but has seemed incapable of actually scoring yet I don't hear any overblown derogatory statements about him.

Eichel has looked good at times, but its hard to play on an all-star team for the first time when you are a puck carrier. Matthews is a 50/50 guy thus works well on the wing, where as Eichel and McDavid need the puck to work their magic.

P.S. RNH and MacKinnon are better than I remember. Well MacKinnon was a good rookie but they both look great.

A lot of "the hate" on Eichel have just been people pointing out he hasn't played well and not insinuating he's going to suck forever because of it.

Sure you have the trolls who go out of their way to bash a player and hate on them forever pretending they'll never be good because of a bad play or 2, but those are pretty easy to find and ignore. There are people like that for every player. They only show up more when some mistake are made by that player. See 4 full pages of people talking **** about Rielly after the Kuznetsov goal.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Agreed. Its been evident from the start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad