PGT: 9/18/16 North America vs Finland - North America 4 Finland 1 F

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gobbluth

Jan 31, 2015
Finland playd bad, and I don't mean that they could play better. Team NA is just the best or second best team in the tournament. Lets say everyone in finlands team were under 24, the only ones who could make team na is barkov and maybe vatanen/granlund, but not probably those either.

I also would like to congratulate the NHL for destroying international hockey. Ofc I always knew that canada could have 4-8 teams that could win any tournament. But this is still like a wiener slapped to the face for 2 hours and the one slapping laughs the whole time.

Maybe in the next world cup we could have sweden, russia, canada, usa, NA north west, NA north east, NA south west and NA south West.

That idea kinda sucks actually. Maybe team NA U24, team NA U19, team NA legends and team Europe Legends.

Imagine gretzky lemieux lidström howe against canada :) that would be beautiful!

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Does anyonr really think european teams are taking this tournament seriously? The game was just as expected. Finland looked like they did not care, because they did not.

Or Team NA was better?

Occam's Razor, generally the more simple explanation applies.

gobbluth

Jan 31, 2015
And I'd like to add that I'm not against the hockey that these circus teams play. It's much more fun watching team NA play than finland, switzerland or slovakia.

One thing was bothering me during the game though. Who the kcuf buys those team NA jerseys... Why..? I was shure that if someone was to wear them, it would be japanese tourists.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
And I'd like to add that I'm not against the hockey that these circus teams play. It's much more fun watching team NA play than finland, switzerland or slovakia.

One thing was bothering me during the game though. Who the kcuf buys those team NA jerseys... Why..? I was shure that if someone was to wear them, it would be japanese tourists.

Well the ESPN commentators actually said they are a good investment because you know that player won't be traded off the team. :)

gobbluth

Jan 31, 2015
Or Team NA was better?

Occam's Razor, generally the more simple explanation applies.

Ofc they take it seriously. Maybe not olympics seriously but still. Although I was wondering why finland didn't try to play more physically or put komarov as a goon on ice. That might have been the only way finland would've stood a chance.

Also if you go into a hockey game and don't play with everything you've got, you will get hurt bad eventually.

Last edited:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Well the ESPN commentators actually said they are a good investment because you know that player won't be traded off the team. :)

They won't have much resale value though, even down the line considering that this team and the European one has been marked as a joke by many.

Even if it is a best on best tournament. It clearly won't go down in history like the Canada Cup from the 70s and 80s

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Ofc they take it seriously. Maybe not olympics seriously but still. Although I was wondering why finland didn't try to play more physically or put komarov as a goon on ice. That might have been the only way finland would've stood a chance.

Also if you go into a hockey game and don't play with everything you've got, you will get hurt bad eventually.

Specially true for Finland. Throw them thier arch enemies Russia or Sweden...

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

I guess North American, or Canadian spirit, beat out out Suomi's sisu? Sisu cannot beat heat and soul, British hegemony continues.

Lots of posters, in particular Russians laughed at Heart and Soul. They mocked me as if I made this idea up, go ahead. I want battle. Go ahead Old World, make fun of us. You literally have no idea how strong we are. "Heart and soul" is a joke? **** you Russia. Canadians do not quit.

I hope the Canadian kids are continually mocked. Those kids are tough as nails and want a fight. Bring it on Europe, do you think we are scared of the Old World? :laugh:.

The Old World is soft, ask Churchill about the good Canadian boys. We want war.

gobbluth

Jan 31, 2015
I guess North American, or Canadian spirit, beat out out Suomi's sisu? Sisu cannot beat heat and soul, British hegemony continues.

Lots of posters, in particular Russians laughed at Heart and Soul. They mocked me as if I made this idea up, go ahead. I want battle. Go ahead Old World, make fun of us. You literally have no idea how strong we are. "Heart and soul" is a joke? **** you Russia. Canadians do not quit.

I hope the Canadian kids are continually mocked. Those kids are tough as nails and want a fight. Bring it on Europe, do you think we are scared of the Old World? :laugh:.

Sisu can't beat real talent. Also anytime any finn brings up sisu just ignore it. It's something that came up in the 2nd world war and has nothing to do with hockey.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I also would like to congratulate the NHL for destroying international hockey.

The best part of this tournament is all the salt that's flowing because of the gimmick teams. It's like any international tournament should adhere to certain guidelines that are apparently written in stone, otherwise the sanctity of the sport is being ruined.

What's hilarious is these people don't seem to mind that the host nation automatically gets a team, or that gold medal games can be decided by shootouts, or that IIHF rules are completely lame and the refs are god awful.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
It's like any international tournament should adhere to certain guidelines that are apparently written in stone and that the sanctity of the sport is being ruined otherwise.

Salt? World cup is ruining its own brand. Literally exhibition hockey right now.

Nobody cares and that is sad.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
The best part of this tournament is all the salt that's flowing because of the gimmick teams. It's like any international tournament should adhere to certain guidelines that are apparently written in stone and that the sanctity of the sport is being ruined otherwise.

What's hilarious is these people don't seem to mind that the host nation automatically gets a team, or that gold medal games can be decided by shootouts, or that IIHF rules are completely lame and the refs are god awful.

I would say there is a point to the guideline that inter-national games are played between, inter, nations. There needs to be anthems, flags and crap for the context to lure in the wider folks.

Also, Team NA should've been mandated to have at least one Mexican citizen.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I would say there is a point to the guideline that inter-national games are played between, inter, nations. There needs to be anthems, flags and crap for the context to lure in the wider folks.

The NHL tried something new. For a league that's often too scared to take risks and is often reactionary, this is great to see. We'll likely never get to a see a team like NA ever again. I'd much rather enjoy and appreciate it than mock it. I'm sure next time teams like Austria, Norway, or Denmark will get a chance at the World Cup going forward, then we can go back to watching these teams get spanked every game and pad the stats of the opposing players.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen

I hate to tell you this, but Auston Mathews mom is Mexican. So while I don't think he has a Mexican passport, he's eligible for one.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen

You realize most of Europe are our allies right?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
I hate to tell you this, but Auston Mathews mom is Mexican. So while I don't think he has a Mexican passport, he's eligible for one.

I'm aware of his parentage, less in the know of Mexican citizenship laws, didn't even know if he actually might have a dual citizenship, but I obviously meant a player who was reared under the grand umbrella of the Mexico Ice-Hockey Association.

Just as obviously I may not have been perfectly serious with this demand.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
You realize most of Europe are our allies right?

I do. Sorry, sometimes hockey puts us in a berserker state. I swear, Canadians are the nicest people in every other facet of our lives.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Specially true for Finland. Throw them thier arch enemies Russia or Sweden...

Love the Finns, those lads have heart and soul. Tre Kronor are tough too, but the Finns remind me of Canadians.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I'm aware of his parentage, less in the know of Mexican citizenship laws, didn't even know if he actually might have a dual citizenship, but I obviously meant a player who was reared under the grand umbrella of the Mexico Ice-Hockey Association.

Just as obviously I may not have been perfectly serious with this demand.

Obviously that doesn't matter because he's captied to North America now!

Macman

May 15, 2004
I wish all teams played like them in this tournament.

They're playing the way hockey should be played and I give credit to the coaches for allowing them to do so. Can you imagine how Torts would have them play? In this day and age of stifling, boring defensive systems, to see them run-and-gun is a joy. They might be a gimmick, but it's a gimmick that hockey badly needs.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I wonder if Europeans will give Team NA respect and show honour?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad