OT: 87th Obsequious Banter Thread: Don't be Brash

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Nope. This is the best week of the year. Cooler actually bearable weather and football. I long for it every year. Keep riding that wave through October.

The extreme seasons are the two worst seasons.

Summer is overrated because people remember what it was when you were a kid. As an adult it’s no different than the other three seasons unless you’re a teacher or something.

For the most part, yes, but I only disagree because I spend a lot of my summer down the shore.

That being said, September/Fall Beach Season is the best. Cooler temperatures, smaller crowds, less bugs.

But I will take summer over winter in a heartbeat. 35 degrees, cloudy, and sunset at 5 is awful to me.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone,

I created a boiler plate Thread for the Waffle Cup Revival on your Board yesterday. However, late last night I was reviewing all the GDT’s from the 2021 Season and realized that only @MiamiScreamingEagles created GDT’s.

As a result, MSE is not required to be nominated via this step. I hope you’re all ok with me putting MSE forward for the “Information Provided” Category.

For more information, please check out the Main Board Thread I created a week ago:

WAFFLE CUP 2021

I’m planning to get the Polling/Competition going early next week, as this week is extraordinarily busy for people, gives everyone a chance to review their Team’s GDT’s & newer members to figure out what this is.

I’m glad this Thread exists for pure entertainment, but also so I can deliver an announcement such as this.

I’ll post here with the Link to The Lounge Thread when I create it.

Cheers

Reactions: Beef Invictus

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
For the most part, yes, but I only disagree because I spend a lot of my summer down the shore.

That being said, September/Fall Beach Season is the best. Cooler temperatures, smaller crowds, less bugs.

But I will take summer over winter in a heartbeat. 35 degrees, cloudy, and sunset at 5 is awful to me.

Cooler air temps, warm water, and no beach tags.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
My favourite temperature ranges:

62-90

18-32

The middle ground sucks. f*** 33-61ish.

Though anything can be annoying humidity dependant. Lowish humidity and those ranges are great.

Alpine winter and European Atlantic coast summer are my favourite kinds of weather.

And even up at like 96-100 is fine/can be nice if the humidity is low with a breeze.

ajgoal

Jun 29, 2015
I found it interesting that the vaccine cert I have to provide to attend class at my CC this semester hadn't been updated for COVID.

ajgoal

Jun 29, 2015
My favourite temperature ranges:

62-90

18-32

The middle ground sucks. f*** 33-61ish.

Though anything can be annoying humidity dependant. Lowish humidity and those ranges are great.

And even up at like 96-100 is fine/can be nice if the humidity is low with a breeze.

25-40

55-65

100+ as long as it's not humid. I've lived 120 with 90%+ humidity. I might have shot myself if I'd have had ammunition at the time. JFC did that blow.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
25-40

55-65

100+ as long as it's not humid. I've lived 120 with 90%+ humidity. I might have shot myself if I'd have had ammunition at the time. JFC did that blow.

Yeh, experienced 115 with like 80 (Cyprus) and that was horrific. Hard to breath. And at the time I was like 2 years removed from being an actual national level athlete...

Reactions: ajgoal

ajgoal

Jun 29, 2015
Yeh, experienced 115 with like 80 (Cyprus) and that was horrific. Hard to breath. And at the time I was like 2 years removed from being an actual national level athlete...

Stepping off the air conditioned plane felt like getting punched in the chest. I was in the absolute best shape of my life and I wanted to curl up into a ball and die.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Late summer in Maine.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bolsonaro, Erdogan, Orban, Putin, Lukashenko... at times it is scarily reminiscent of the 1930s with some of these populists who say they are "for the people" but their policies edge them towards dictatorships, and most of what they are doing actually favours the rich while they tell the poor they are saving them.

Right now it looks like Bolsonaro will lose the election comfortably, and is trying to rally military and supporters against the Supreme Court, who put in a law to stop the Government spreading "fake news" about numerous things... as well as started a corruption investigation into Bolsonaro and some of his cronies.

He has called them "communists" for this, and then spread more "fake news" about the laws themselves and their limits... and because people read Facebook and the news instead of reading what the laws say they buy it... even though a lot of the Supreme Court are centrists and some even right wing. (though he has gone after two judges in particular and is basically inciting violence against them.)

Hmm, where have I heard this before?

The playbook is exactly the same for every wanna-be dictator. Amazes me that people still fall for it and even find ways to make it seem reasonable in their own minds.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Hmm, where have I heard this before?

The playbook is exactly the same for every wanna-be dictator. Amazes me that people still fall for it and even find ways to make it seem reasonable in their own minds.
Some people are just wired to accept authoritarianism and welcome it. I mean there are lots of insecure people in this world that like to project it unto others. I have seen even more women come out of the woodworks lately in response to the me too movement and say they prefer alpha men who will dominate them...not kidding. Honestly, I don't feel sorry for these types when they get the Ike Turner treatment...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Some people are just wired to accept authoritarianism and welcome it. I mean there are lots of insecure people in this world that like to project it unto others. I have seen even more women come out of the woodworks lately in response to the me too movement and say they prefer alpha men who will dominate them...not kidding. Honestly, I don't feel sorry for these types when they get the Ike Turner treatment...

Some people just blindly love their governments & elected officials despite it being a one sided affair.

Reactions: Asnito

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Sad end for Alcaraz, but nice to see Felix join Fernandez in the semis!

Edit: and Felix is the first male player born in the 2000s to reach a GS semi. Not that I needed to feel any older. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad