OT: 87th Obsequious Banter Thread: Don't be Brash

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I think the point I am making is not the one you are defending. I was differentiating an infectious disease (ie, COVID) from nontransmissible causes of death. Yes, all definitely need to be addressed by the healthcare system, but not at all in the same way.
How about we settle this with a nice dad joke?
41DCC3BC-CAC6-4CE1-8046-3EA570FC95E5.jpeg

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Did you take your Invermectin today? :laugh:

I dont watch the news.

Im just not a f***ing idiot that thinks they know better than our healthcare professionals and scientific community.

Unfortunately you cant say the same. Hopefully one day you can (though i'm not gonna bet on it).
I don’t think I know better. But what I do know is that when you aren’t allowed to ask simple questions about something without being shouted down, you shouldn’t trust it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Once more: Long-term impacts of the vaccine aren't real. It's not a thing. All traces of the thing are gone in a month, and after that there is no additional impact.

It's safe long-term, just like all vaccines. For people of all ages. This isn't new technology. Shitloads of research confirms this. Not the news. Research. Science. Reliable stuff. Don't get caught up in the alarmism because your faulty alt-news sources are spreading nonsense.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

This was from a study in Nigeria where Ivermectin was used to treat parasites. It found male patients who took it experienced significant alteration to their sperm counts, the creation of abnormal/deformed sperms, and albino sperms.

So umm yea. Looks like in the next 9-20 months we're gonna see a bump in albino kids born in the US.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I don’t watch network news anymore anyway. It’s all garbage. I watch the local news and that’s it. the national news networks just feed you garbage.
Things were much different when I was a kid and a young adult watching national news. They actually gave you national news.
I agree with the exception of the BBC. I think they do a good job with the guests the have on plus there is none of the shouting at each other bullshit.

Reactions: BernieParent

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017

This was from a study in Nigeria where Ivermectin was used to treat parasites. It found male patients who took it experienced significant alteration to their sperm counts, the creation of abnormal/deformed sperms, and albino sperms.

So umm yea. Looks like in the next 9-20 months we're gonna see a bump in albino kids born in the US.

And a major decrease in several rural counties.

Last edited:

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Anyone else get depressed when summer ends? Every year in late August/early September I just get into a funk.

not really..only thing i miss about the summer is the longer days..but overall we are pretty much heading into my favorite time of the year..i hate winter because it is too cold..and spring because of allergies and well summer is just too hot

Reactions: Hurricane28

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Once more: Long-term impacts of the vaccine aren't real. It's not a thing. All traces of the thing are gone in a month, and after that there is no additional impact.

It's safe long-term, just like all vaccines. For people of all ages. This isn't new technology. Shitloads of research confirms this. Not the news. Research. Science. Reliable stuff. Don't get caught up in the alarmism because your faulty alt-news sources are spreading nonsense.

Yeh... the longest "wait" for side effects in the history of any vaccine to date has been 6 weeks...

we have been using vaccines since 1796. Thousands upon thousands of vaccines over that time.

Odds are very, very good that as people have been being vaccinated for like 10 months now... and long term effects would be known. Yeh, ofc there are some potential side effects. But while some serious they are a very, very low %, and COVID is more dangerous that them in numerous ways.

I have some very social libertarian leanings. I am very cynical of the news. I am sceptical of governments, on both sides.

BUT I am also analytically minded and a researcher at heart.

I had some small reservations about mRNA at the start of this whole things. But I went away and read several studies in peer reviewed journals, read about how it works etc... and, well, the odds of anything being bad are really small.

Because that is what I do with almost everything. If I dont know about something and it affects me? I skip the news completely and go right to the horses mouth... ;)

Now, nothing is certain in this life. But not taking a vaccine because of some infinitesimal chance of some random, never before seen thing happens? That for me is as logical as never getting on a plane again because some crash from time to time.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Anyone else get depressed when summer ends? Every year in late August/early September I just get into a funk.
Nope. This is the best week of the year. Cooler actually bearable weather and football. I long for it every year. Keep riding that wave through October.

The extreme seasons are the two worst seasons.

Summer is overrated because people remember what it was when you were a kid. As an adult it’s no different than the other three seasons unless you’re a teacher or something.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Variolation was smart by Washington! But Edward Jenner's (who laughed in English ;)) smallpox vaccine was the first vaccine invented a short time later.

If talking inoculation in general China, India, Turkey and parts of East Africa were inoculating against smallpox in like 1000 AD!

哈哈
हाहा
Sdfjhdjhd!
ضحك

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Speaking of the climate/environment...when I got back to Philly Friday night from a week at the shore....my asthma which is generally mild acted up pretty considerably and needed to use my inhaler which I rarely use. Don't think it was/is breakthrough covid but wondering if all the rain etc kicked up pollutants more than usual or just seasonal allergies as fall is ushering in? Probably both....living in a city is definitely shortening my life. We really done effed up the world...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad