Post-Game Talk: #79: Flyers at Red Wings, Wednesday, April 6, 2016

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Just search the thread for Manning.

We know you are good at posting vids of Giroux from the Richie/Carter era and posting vids of him performing GWG against scrub teams like Winnipeg.

Where is your counter to my actual argument that you gloss over and strawman your way through that post?

I already have examples of big games this yr he's failed to perform in.

How about the NY playoff series? Only two goals through the series (same as these other dubbed non 1st liners like Simmonds and Schenn) and one was a on a empty net.

Any other playoff clinching/playoff games before we fall back to 2012? No?

Interesting.

Once he got over his injury problems from the first month, the 13-14 season was full of clutch performances by Giroux. That's why he was 3rd in scoring and 3rd in the Hart voting.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/awards/voting-2014.html#hart

He had 3 points and was 2nd star in the 4-3 win over Pittsburgh that clinched the Flyers playoff berth that season.

http://flyers.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013021213

[NHL]602017[/NHL]

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Just search the thread for Manning.

Once he got over his injury problems from the first month, the 13-14 season was full of clutch performances by Giroux. That's why he was 3rd in scoring and 3rd in the Hart voting.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/awards/voting-2014.html#hart

He had 3 points and was 2nd star in the 4-3 win over Pittsburgh that clinched the Flyers playoff berth that season.

http://flyers.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013021213

[NHL]602017[/NHL]

1 G 1A and 1 secondary A. Goal wasn't GW and certainly didn't dominate the flow of the game.

Next?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I'm going to waste my time finding proof for something that can be proven by simply just watching games to a delusional fool. That seems likely. :laugh:

It's not like you'd listen anyway. If there's one thing you've proven, it's that you don't care about reality and live in a separate world from the rest of us.

How about you try proving your point? You're the one making accusations.

Oh yeah... Because you cant.... What a shame.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
1 G 1A and 1 secondary A. Goal wasn't GW and certainly didn't dominate the flow of the game.

Next?

So it's Giroux's fault that Emery gave up a last minute goal when Giroux wasn't even on the ice?

You're as bad as hatcher. :laugh:

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Yeah, I'm going to waste my time finding proof for something that can be proven by simply just watching games to a delusional fool. That seems likely. :laugh:

It's not like you'd listen anyway. If there's one thing you've proven, it's that you don't care about reality and live in a separate world from the rest of us.

How about you try proving your point? You're the one making accusations.

Oh yeah... Because you cant.... What a shame.

You prove time after time that you are the worst debater on here.

Countless "Stoooooooopid!" "Idiooooooooooooots!!" posts out of you.

Def. some college freshman who's seen a glimpse of the world and has it figured out.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Def. some college freshman whose seen a glimpse of the world and has it figured out.

At least he uses English at a level that indicates he has attended college, unlike you.

"whose seen" :biglaugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We know you are good at posting vids of Giroux from the Richie/Carter era and posting vids of him performing GWG against scrub teams like Winnipeg.

And we know you are good at ignoring anything that proves you wrong so you can keep being wrong.

Where is your counter to my actual argument that you gloss over and strawman your way through that post?

Several people have successfully countered your criticisms of Giroux several times already.

I already have examples of big games this yr he's failed to perform in.

And we've shown you big games where he did perform. Winnipeg, Pittsburgh, and Washington were all pretty big games. He performed. Hell, against Washington he completely clowned Backstrom. You know, the game where they put themselves into a playoff spot?

How about the NY playoff series? Only two goals through the series (same as these other dubbed non 1st liners like Simmonds and Schenn) and one was a on a empty net.

Oh, you mean the series where he led the team in points while playing in a defensive role yet while also facing down one of the best defenses in the league, while getting zero support? No, Giroux was good in that series. Voracek wasn't. New York's entire attention was focused on Giroux. Voracek did little to take pressure off Giroux. Who scored 6 points in 7 games, btw. Like really, you're *****ing about the guy who nearly went a point per game and trying to claim he came up small? He was easily out best forward in that season.

You're doing nothing but further shredding your own credibility.

Any other playoff clinching/playoff games before we fall back to 2012? No?

Interesting.

It's really fascinating that you're so determined to ignore any aspect of his of work that proves you wrong.

How about in Game 4 of the Rangers series where he came out in the 3rd to score an early goal and bring us within one? Pretty big statement goal there.

I'll even do you a solid and post your bottom line arguing point. The rest of the team is dragging him down.

If only we didn't have Simmonds (who is having his best yr to date) and Schenn (who is also having a very, very solid yr.

Oh, you mean the two guys who have largely been playing poorly overall (with Giroux, to boot, thus dragging him down lately) during the stretch you're using to incorrectly crap on Giroux?

That's not convincing. See, people here are capable of applying context, so this sort of argument won't work. That might work on the Flyers FB page though.

Yeah it's that damn bottom six. Guys sitting on the pine while Giroux is on the icing weighing him down.

This is obvious and very simple to answer with about 3 seconds of thought. Our 3rd and 4th line cannot be trusted in a defensive role. If they start in the D zone, they are likely to stay there. Thus, Giroux has to take fewer offensive zone starts and has to play a lot more defense. A reliable bottom six would free Giroux up to focus more on offense, and he would produce a lot more.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Def. some college freshman whose seen a glimpse of the world and has it figured out.

Then stop posting things that prove my accusations correct! :laugh:

I can have perfectly civilized arguments/debates with people on here, but not if what they're saying is utter nonsense. For example, I've argued with Curufinwe plenty of times, but we can still talk like normal people. If you had a difference of opinion, then fine, even if I disagreed, but what you're doing is puking up one absurd statement after another.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
HP8 has entered full-on "Carter only scores in bl0wouts!" levels of crap reasoning at this point. His criticisms of Giroux are on par with the endless, awful defenses of Bryz now.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
And we've shown you big games where he did perform. Winnipeg, Pittsburgh, and Washington were all pretty big games. He performed. Hell, against Washington he completely clowned Backstrom. You know, the game where they put themselves into a playoff spot?

Oh, you mean the series where he led the team in points while playing in a defensive role yet while also facing down one of the best defenses in the league, while getting zero support? No, Giroux was good in that series. Voracek wasn't. New York's entire attention was focused on Giroux. Voracek did little to take pressure off Giroux. Who scored 6 points in 7 games, btw. Like really, you're *****ing about the guy who nearly went a point per game and trying to claim he came up small? He was easily out best forward in that season.

Oh, you mean the two guys who have largely been playing poorly overall (with Giroux, to boot, thus dragging him down lately) during the stretch you're using to incorrectly crap on Giroux?

This is obvious and very simple to answer with about 3 seconds of thought. Our 3rd and 4th line cannot be trusted in a defensive role. If they start in the D zone, they are likely to stay there. Thus, Giroux has to take fewer offensive zone starts and has to play a lot more defense. A reliable bottom six would free Giroux up to focus more on offense, and he would produce a lot more.

You're hillarious man but not surprising from somebody that needs to stroke his ego with the ridiculous "Beefs Party Boat!" posts like he did something to help the team perform.

Yeah Simmonds and Schenn with their best years to date are dragging Giroux down.

Wow.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
HP8 has entered full-on "Carter only scores in bl0wouts!" levels of crap reasoning at this point. His criticisms of Giroux are on par with the endless, awful defenses of Bryz now.

I was the first one to call Bryz what he is and received similar hatred as this thread.

That said, not calling Giroux a Bryz.

Make that clear before the critical readers run off and twist my post.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You're hillarious man but not surprising from somebody that needs to stroke his ego with the ridiculous "Beefs Party Boat!" posts like he did something to help the team perform.

:laugh:

You need to re-check who makes those posts, since I'm not the one doing them. If you think a joke among colleagues to have some fun after a win is "ego stroking" then you're really running out of legs to stand on.

In fact, since you're resulting to direct personal attacks instead of focusing on my arguments, it's clear you have no way to actually defend your assertions. Like I said, you've reached "Defense of Bryzgalov" levels of reasoning.

Yeah Simmonds and Schenn with their best years to date are dragging Giroux down.

Wow.

:facepalm:

You're *****ing about Giroux down the stretch. During the last few games they have not played well. Simmonds especially has had games where he has like, 3 good shifts grouped with 14 minutes of nonsense where the best we can hope is that he's merely a non-factor instead of an active detriment.

Pay attention to those games. You know, the ones you're concentrating on (especially since you're dying to dismiss anything from the past that credits Giroux and proves you wrong), and how they performed in those games. Instead of giving them credit for accomplishments from earlier in the season and pretending they reflect on how they've played lately. Can you try that?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I was the first one to call Bryz what he is and received similar hatred as this thread.

That said, not calling Giroux a Bryz.

Make that clear before the critical readers run off and twist my post.

I didn't say you were comparing him to Bryz. What you're doing is on par with the extremely poor criticisms of Carter that had no grounding in reality, or the defenses of Bryzgalov that had no grounding in reality. Neither were backed up by stats, common sense, the eye test, expert analysis, you name it, they were wrong by every metric. Just like your criticisms of Giroux.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
:laugh:

You need to re-check who makes those posts, since I'm not the one doing them. If you think a joke among colleagues to have some fun after a win is "ego stroking" then you're really running out of legs to stand on.

In fact, since you're resulting to direct personal attacks instead of focusing on my arguments, it's clear you have no way to actually defend your assertions. Like I said, you've reached "Defense of Bryzgalov" levels of reasoning.

You're *****ing about Giroux down the stretch. During the last few games they have not played well. Simmonds especially has had games where he has like, 3 good shifts grouped with 14 minutes of nonsense where the best we can hope is that he's merely a non-factor instead of an active detriment.

Pay attention to those games. You know, the ones you're concentrating on (especially since you're dying to dismiss anything from the past that credits Giroux and proves you wrong), and how they performed in those games. Instead of giving them credit for accomplishments from earlier in the season and pretending they reflect on how they've played lately. Can you try that?

Thank you for proving me right. That you're bottom line is "other people drag Giroux down".

At that point there's nothing more to discuss.

I'm cool with others opinions and I don't look to ridicule them like the gods gifts to hockey 6lb heads on here like to do.

Go Flyers and I pray that even if we lose out, Giroux comes out and mud stomps a hole in my opinion.

At this time and based off recent history it seems doubtful.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Things going good? Giroux is a great captain

Things going bad? Giroux is a terrible captain.

Rinse, Repeat. Most overrated concept eh.

PS--Disclaimer---Have not read through what all has been said, just figured this is what it was because, it usually is(always)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank you for proving me right. That you're bottom line is "other people drag Giroux down".

At that point there's nothing more to discuss.

I'm cool with others opinions and I don't look to ridicule them like the gods gifts to hockey 6lb heads on here like to do.

Go Flyers and I pray that even if we lose out, Giroux comes out and mud stomps a hole in my opinion.

At this time and based off recent history it seems doubtful.

How does correctly acknowledging that Giroux struggles when his linemates are both struggling (this happens to guys who are primarily playmakers), or when his bottom six is so bad it makes him play a very, very defensive role for a 1C, prove anything you're arguing?

Giroux very, very rarely has bad games where he as an individual is poor. When they do happen, he gets heat for it. It hasn't been happening lately, aside from one in March I recall.

You're going after our most consistently good forward. Our best player. And you're bringing utter garbage to justify your assertions. It's not gonna go well for you. Like I said, it's on par with the defenses of Bryzgalov when he blatantly sucked, or the criticisms of Carter that were disproven by simply looking up stats.

Protip: When someone refutes you, pretending that being proven wrong secretly proves you right is not an effective or convincing debate tactic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad