Post-Game Talk: #65: FLYERS 5 at Rangers 3, Sunday, Mar. 1, 2020, 12:00 pm ET

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Yooo - a mod didn't delete the post? (I'm sure as not gonna f***ing edit it out, I own my mistakes)

I went onto their board at 1st intermission to read the meltdown and walked away from my computer. Came back at start of 2nd and forgot I left the tab open on Rangers board and posted that after our goal :laugh:

I quickly PMed the most recently active moderator of their forum profusely apologizing and trying to explain my mistake. I hope I don't get banned.

This made me lol.

Im sure you'll be ok

Reactions: Amorgus and ybnvs

Irvdog13

Jan 20, 2020
I love it, 6 game win streak that puts us 2nd in metro and there is second guessing all around.

Reactions: Larry44

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Pizza is good.

Exactly!

giphy.gif

And equal time for the cat lovers on the board.

giphy.gif

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
And yet he was still better than Hayes, TK and Laughton.
Yeah, not a good game for them but at least they have a track record that gives them some leeway. Grant was put in a position we knew was a bad idea and would have really had to show something to prove the coaches didn't screw up... but instead he's been dominated in possession.

Over his first three games at 3C...

38.36 CF% (-19.71 rel)
40.25 xGF% (-15.08 rel)

So it's time to put him to 4C and get Farabee back up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foggy14

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Does he really not understand what fixed the PP?

AND HE GIVES CREDIT TO COACHING?!?! :laugh:

Yeah, Charlie's been banging the table hard all season to go back to the old setup. I think by saying "The coaching has been better," it's almost an offhanded swipe at how bad it was at the beginning of the season.

I mean, he's not really wrong. When they finally swapped Giroux and Voracek to play on the sides where each had had success before, it was a coaching improvement.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I dont put too much stock into advanced stats in these type of games.

Once a team goes up 3-0 and then 5-1..youre not going to play as hungry and the other teams desperation can tilt the ice..especially on the road.
You're right, that can definitely skew the numbers, but when you look at the last 3 games overall and also the rel (comparing his stats to other players who played in the same score-effected situation) it shows that he was overwhelmed at 3C.

Reactions: Foggy14

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Just wrapped up my gig, so let me just say WOOOOO!!!

Got a bit dicey in the 3rd but taking 4 points off the Rags in regulation is f***ing awesome!! Hart was fantastic and that to me was the highlight of the game!

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Grant had a nice goal (although Lundqvist really couldn't have made it easier :laugh:) but my god did he get wrecked in possession stats.

27.78 CF% (5-13)
30.32 xGF%

Gotta put him at 4C and send Thompson to the pressbox.
are goals and assists more important than possession time?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I love it, 6 game win streak that puts us 2nd in metro and there is second guessing all around.

There isn't though. People are plenty excited. The team is playing well and AV is a massive upgrade over Hakstol. There are just issues at the margins that people want fixed because they ultimately don't care about 6 game win streaks or 2nd place. There's only 1 damn thing that matters - that shiny old trophy with hundreds of names on it - and we just want the organization to make as many good decisions as possible to win the damn thing. It's frustrating when they flub the easy ones.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
There are a few NBC-related games approaching. From a quick scan, the Flyers are 9-3-1 on those networks this season.

Won: NYR (2), NJ, CBJ, STL, WAS, PIT, FLA, DET
Loss: EDM, NYI, COLO,
SO Loss: WAS

Reactions: Rebels57

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
- Hart had 2.60 Goals Saved Above Expected at 5v5 today

.55 Goals Saved Above Expected in All-Situations

He good

Yep, on a day when our even strength numbers kinda sucked all game (the Rags doubled our high danger chances) Hart was a huge difference-maker.

:laugh:

Great comment by Jake about the PP.

lol...Jake mentions changing the PP back to where it should be as the resurgence!!

Jakes interview on the pp: "well we went back to our original spots on the pp that we had for the past 9 years...." THAT IS ALL FOLKS.

now thierren probably thinks he is a genius or something

Yeah, along with Hart, the new/old PP saved our bacon today.

Therrien will probably ask for a contract extension. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

The Grant acquisition may turn out to be an important one. He plays a good game.

OK, now let's put Grant where he will really excel on the 4th line and get Frosty up here ASAP

No. No one even hates Grant. As we've all said, we just hate that we acquired Grant AND Thompson and that they're both in the lineup over better options.

But with everything on this board everything is black and white, no grey.

G Couts Jake
JVR Hayes TK
Farabee Laughton Pitlick
Raffl Grant NAK

Give it a try at some point.

Happy for Grant, but I still believe that the 4C spot + PK duty is the best place for him.

I'd definitely give Tripod's lines a try.

rangers are going to be a problem in the near future.

Was thinking the same thing while watching the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad