Post-Game Talk: #65: FLYERS 5 at Rangers 3, Sunday, Mar. 1, 2020, 12:00 pm ET

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Does he really not understand what fixed the PP?

AND HE GIVES CREDIT TO COACHING?!?! :laugh:

I dont read Charlie's stuff often but that's not how I necessarily read the tweet.

I read it more like "coaching finally came back around to what worked for so long before".

So not do much giving credit to coaching per se but giving credit to realize they f***ed up the PP before admitting they were wrong and ho back to what works.

I agree with you on the PP front btw....these dummies should never messed with in the first place.

But the I've always been a glass half full kind of guy

Reactions: Striiker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
1) Grant is legit quality acquisition for 4th round pick. I suspect come June we will be discussing on these board who to keep between Pitlick and Grant and if it is possible to trade Rafll and keep both. 2) The king is dead and it is in Rangers best interest to buy out and move on(unless monster trade offer for Georgiev).3) Don't over analyze garbage time ranger goals. They showed heart. They came back. We were clearly the better team (and schedule advantage helped). 4)@Washington is more interesting by the moment. 2 weeks ago though lock we play @Wash or @pitts rd 1. Why can't we be home nyi rd 1?

Reactions: flyersjim73

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
This board ain't big enough for two Chip Kelly defenders.

tenor.gif

The Outlaw Josey Couturier

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
love this!

It really is remarkable. They've killed more playoff dreams than anyone this year.

Funny thing: My lady is a big Mets fan, and there's a lotta Mets/Rangers Twitter crossover. She said a bunch of those fans had been talking about how this Rangers team reminded them of the 2015 Mets, who rose from irrelevance to make the World Series. She's a smart lady, so she was laughing about that when I was watching the game on Friday.

That said, the Rangers are going to be good eventually. But they're like the Flyers were over the last few years, young and mistake-prone, capable of the occasional unsustainable and meaningless hot streak. There's potential there, but they just saw what happens when the young upstart meets Big Boy Playoff Team, as we did so many times. Feels good to be on the right side of that.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Lol...sorry @Striiker, apparently I'm too dumb (spelled B-U-Z-Z-E-D) to realize what I typed was in the quote brackets.
:laugh: All good man, I realized what happened and was able to read it just fine.

You might be right, but I hesitate to give him the benefit of the doubt after some of the excuses he's made for the staff this year. Plus, I don't think stopping a mistake is praise-worthy, so I wouldn't even give them an "atta-boy" for putting it back to what it should have been all year.

But whatever, what matters is it's back to the correct setup! Now we just need to swap Provorov for Ghost and I'll be a happy camper.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It was the Jake quote. All these games pointing out the simple PP fixes and Jake validated it.
Ahh ok gotcha. :laugh:

Well I can't take any credit on this one. I think 99% of people wanted the same thing, I was just the loudest. haha

But yeah, I love Jake coming out and saying it. He's the best. I'm sure Giroux was thinking the same thing, but he's too good of a soldier to speak out.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I hate the NHL.

Carolina is on a mini bye week, there next game Thursday at Flyers.

Magic number for Flyers to clinch is

29 pts , we hold an 8 pts lead currently for the final WC spot.

A Win vs Capitals wed and Carolina Thursday, could lower that to 25, and with a win over canes it's kind of a 6 pt swing

@MiamiScreamingEagles

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I said Flyers magic number is 29.

Canes max is 111.

29 gives us 112

I just saw our record against canes is

2-0-1

I think that would actually make our magic number 28 as of now.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Someone made an oopsie and posted on the wrong board. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

View attachment 329621

Yooo - a mod didn't delete the post? (I'm sure as not gonna f***ing edit it out, I own my mistakes)

I went onto their board at 1st intermission to read the meltdown and walked away from my computer. Came back at start of 2nd and forgot I left the tab open on Rangers board and posted that after our goal :laugh:

I quickly PMed the most recently active moderator of their forum profusely apologizing and trying to explain my mistake. I hope I don't get banned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad