Post-Game Talk: #65: FLYERS 5 at Rangers 3, Sunday, Mar. 1, 2020, 12:00 pm ET

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Ooof, Provy with over ten minutes of special teams time (leading both in PP and PK mins). In all situations, averaged over a minute per shift, with only one other player averaging over 45 seconds per shift (and that was Niskanen, his partner). Then again, Deangelo got over 27 mins and also averaged 1:02 per, so :dunno:

Tater Thomps played more than both Raffl and NAK despite taking the two minors.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
giphy.gif

That's basically the life I live now. I didn't ask for this life, I am just doing it for the greater good.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Jake said moving back to their old positions on the power play is what got that unit going.

I mean.... both him and Giroux (who is usually very reserved with media) have both spoken about being comfortable on off wings.

And when PP was set up opposite way both did a 5 min show at the end of every single pre game where they fed each other one timers in their Pp spots.

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
Great 2 points!

Ugly game from us in ES. Thank to special teams.
And to Hart. Hart was huge.

BENCH THOMPSON FOR NEXT GAME ASAP!!
Luckily this is exactly what a cup winning team does, find a way to win. You can’t win every game and be playing great but if your special teams can boost you through that it’s lethal

Reactions: AdamParrot

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
I'm still waiting for you to write up that tactical piece on the evolution of Chip Kelly's approach to Inside Zone. I'm beginning to lose hope.

Lol! Why would I defend Chip Kelly? I said that his tactics didn't work in the NFL due to skinnier hash marks taking away the long side and speed of the LBers.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Not really. He at least had tangible value on the PK & shooting prior to coming here unlike Thompson.

I still think going forward he slots better on the fourth line.

And he has always scored at low end 2nd line level 5v5... and the two years prior to this his possesion stats have been "okayish" given usage and team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad