Confirmed with Link: 6 year extension for Kaiden Guhle (5.5m AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Another crazy part of Hughes' negotiating prowess is he doesn't give out no trade clauses. All these contracts he's signed don't have any except for Guhle's and his is only a 5 team no-trade for only the last year of the contract.

The flexibilty we have going forward is amazing. I love this management and dream of my other useless sports teams getting intelligent management teams one day as well.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Petry, Allen, Armia, and Dvo come off the books, and their total is about 12M But Guhle and Slaf extensions are for 13M.

RHP, Savard is another 4-5 mil. The real issue is Habs need to get rid of either Anderson or Gallagher. It's not crucial put doing so would give them a good amount of cap flexibility after all their young guys are signed

Reactions: HabsQC

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
RHP, Savard is another 4-5 mil. The real issue is Habs need to get rid of either Anderson or Gallagher. It's not crucial put doing so would give them a good amount of cap flexibility after all their young guys are signed
They'll look to; whether they find a taker or not is another question (especially without adding an asset to do so).

I don't expect Josh Anderson to be as bad as he was this season, but then again I didn't expect him to be that bad this season either. Gallagher gave me a bit of hope at the end of the year that he can at least be somewhat effective sometimes.

Obviously I would still trade either of them, even if they bounce back.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
As much as I like Guhle, he’s not Faber. Normal that Faber got more
Ya well I still think Faber is another sign the NHL pay structure is messed up...1 yr in the league and he gets an 8 year $8.5M year that is insane. He had a strong rookie year but not that strong. Teams had these out and then wonder why they have cap issues down the road if/when the player no longer is worth it.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Petry, Allen, Armia, and Dvo come off the books, and their total is about 12M But Guhle and Slaf extensions are for 13M.
Wrong

It's more
Dvo 4.45M
Armia 3.4M
Evans 1.7M
RHP 1.1M
Pezz 0.8M
Savard 3.5M
Petry 2.34M
Allen 1.9M
Coming off the books for 19M actually

While the 7.6M Slaf ext. + 5.5M Guhle ext. Combined 13M is more 11M extra since they both make ~1M currently

The real issue is the Gallagher 6.5 and Anderson 5.5
Which will eventually be taken care of
Just not this year looks like sadly

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes I'll add Savard. RHP is irrelevant. He make 1.1, which is wiped off if he's sent down, and if he's r err place, his replacement will cost the same or more.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Yes I'll add Savard. RHP is irrelevant. He make 1.1, which is wiped off if he's sent down, and if he's r err place, his replacement will cost the same or more.
No
It *all* adds up bud

We're not quite sure what your point is tho, that we're *not* heading towards cap stability..?

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I don't see Gally and Anderson's contracts restricting them from doing anything they need to do.

Savard, Matheson, Dvorak, Armia will be off the books and any other missing roster spots will be replaced or filled by younger players on RFAs.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Wrong

It's more
Dvo 4.45M
Armia 3.4M
Evans 1.7M
RHP 1.1M
Pezz 0.8M
Savard 3.5M
Petry 2.34M
Allen 1.9M

While the 7.6M Slaf ext. + 5.5M Guhle ext. Combined 13M is more 11M extra since they both make ~1M currently

Wrong.

RHP, and Pez are totally irrelevant, because their replacements will cost the same. Likely the same for Evan's.

On the other side, the Guhle and Slaf extensions only add the difference of their current salary to their cap. But then we're talking about losing 3 players (Armia, Dvo, and Savard) who will have to be replaced with players who make 1M at least. So the 2 Million less from Slaf and Guhle is offset by another 3 Million. So that's another 1M less we have to upgrade above close to league minimum players.

Yes, somehow I left out Savard.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Montreal's got 5.4 mil in cap space for next season plus up to 10.5 mil in LTIR room if needed. Next season they should have around 23 mil in cap space plus up to 10.5 mil in LTIR room if needed with 14 players and no likely big ticket re-signings. The last year of Gallagher's and Anderson's contracts Montreal could have almost 50 mil in cap space with 8 player under contract. Assuming Montreal somehow needs even more cap space in 2026-2027, Gallagher can be bought out with a 3.83 mil cap hit on the books that season and 1.33 mil the next and Anderson can be bought out with a 3.17 mil cap hit on the books that season and 1.17 mil the next.

Gallagher's and Anderson's contracts are very, very, very far down the list of issues Montreal needs to be concerned about right now.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Ok so now that he's locked up...

How about we actually give him some PP time?

Matheson and Hutson will get time as well, but Guhle has basically never even gotten a real shot at it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No
It *all* adds up bud

We're not quite sure what your point is tho, that we're *not* heading towards cap stability..?
Poster said the cap situation would be bonkers.

I asked what he meant by that.

I'm more with your last line that we still have Anderson and Gally as clogging up having a "bonkers" amount of cap space.

We will have enough cap space to land a quality player in 2025 though. Which is great.

And I like the Guhle and Slaf cap hits for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Wrong.

RHP, and Pez are totally irrelevant, because their replacements will cost the same. Likely the same for Evan's.

On the other side, the Guhle and Slaf extensions only add the difference of their current salary to their cap. But then we're talking about losing 3 players (Armia, Dvo, and Savard) who will have to be replaced with players who make 1M at least. So the 2 Million less from Slaf and Guhle is offset by another 3 Million. So that's another 1M less we have to upgrade above close to league minimum players.

Yes, somehow I left out Savard.
What you're not understanding is we are starting to spend the right money on the right players now tho

You can't have a world where we are at 0$/88M$ cap space with core players..

And we have even more cash being liberated soon as Price/Gallagher/Anderson clear out to liberate 22.5 more million bucks

Are you scared all 22.5M goes to Demidov now lol?

Reactions: sampollock

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Another crazy part of Hughes' negotiating prowess is he doesn't give out no trade clauses. All these contracts he's signed don't have any except for Guhle's and his is only a 5 team no-trade for only the last year of the contract.

The flexibilty we have going forward is amazing. I love this management and dream of my other useless sports teams getting intelligent management teams one day as well.

And Caufield's and Slafkovsky's. My recollection is that the only notable contracts under HuGo that would be eligible for clauses at some point are Allen's, Montembault's, Monahan's, Caufield's, Slafkovsky's and Guhle's. Montembault and Monahan were the only ones that didn't get clauses.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What you're not understanding is we are starting to spend the right money on the right players now tho

You can't have a world where we are at 0$/88M$ cap space with core players..

And we have even more cash being liberated soon as Price/Gallagher/Anderson clear out to liberate 22.5 more million bucks

Are you scared all 22.5M goes to Demidov now lol?
I understand all those points, never said anything to the contrary.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
This is more like 2nd pair type of money, which is great value because I think he might even be a good #2 on a solid team when all is said and done.

Playing 25 minutes puts you in #1 dman category where guys today are typically signing for considerably more than guhle will be getting.

I was talking about Hutson, and yes, more than Guhle because a much higher offensive potential than Guhle.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wrong

It's more
Dvo 4.45M
Armia 3.4M
Evans 1.7M
RHP 1.1M
Pezz 0.8M
Savard 3.5M
Petry 2.34M
Allen 1.9M

I will be stunned if we move on from Gally. Anderson....well that should happen but again...we are not going to be huge winner from this. If he resurfaces this year...you keep him. If he still doesn't...who would want him unless it's a contract to have the minimum. Or exchange of bad contracts.

Reactions: GrandBison

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Montreal's got 5.4 mil in cap space for next season plus up to 10.5 mil in LTIR room if needed. Next season they should have around 23 mil in cap space plus up to 10.5 mil in LTIR room if needed with 14 players and no likely big ticket re-signings. The last year of Gallagher's and Anderson's contracts Montreal could have almost 50 mil in cap space with 8 player under contract. Assuming Montreal somehow needs even more cap space in 2026-2027, Gallagher can be bought out with a 3.83 mil cap hit on the books that season and 1.33 mil the next and Anderson can be bought out with a 3.17 mil cap hit on the books that season and 1.17 mil the next.

Gallagher's and Anderson's contracts are very, very, very far down the list of issues Montreal needs to be concerned about right now.

That's why I said it's not necessary. Also that's why I didn't say they have to move both of them. Getting rid of one would just be a luxury in the short term. But by the time demidov is ready to resign they're gone anyways and Dachs resigning won't be affected either so again they aren't necessary

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It's Hutson and Reinbacher, Guhle is #3 has this contract confirms. Now it's not going to be this year as Hutson and Reinbacher are not ready, but money talks and right now that's the story money is telling. That's what our pro scouts are projecting.

Hutson - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux
As long as each of them plays on their natural side and become a perfect fit. I don't expect any of them to be traded but always an exception if another gm comes with an offer Hugo can't refuse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad