Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick 2020: Who Do The Sens Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What does that even mean.

When the going gets tough...some folks step up, and some wilt under the pressure. I want a team of "Tkachuk attitude", not the old "it's just good to be here" mantra. The old Sens teams always found a way to lose in the playoffs...we want guys who find a way to win.

Reactions: aragorn

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
When the going gets tough...some folks step up, and some wilt under the pressure. I want a team of "Tkachuk attitude", not the old "it's just good to be here" mantra. The old Sens teams always found a way to lose in the playoffs...we want guys who find a way to win.
Sure but where are you getting that from Boeser? He’s never even been in the playoffs.

And I don’t get that from Monahan.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The Rossi is your guy

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

The old sens always had to play teams higher in the standings that had twice the payroll.
But I agree guys like Brady that will keep fighting as hard as he can even with no hope of winning are going to help out huge with other players

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
See my post above, but doing something like this is akin to the Habs a few years back selecting Kotkaniemi over Tkachuk because they needed a center and probably thought Kotkaniemi was the best available centre at the time.

Had they selected Tkachuk, at worst they would have had a massive trade peice to use to acquire a legit #1 center instead of being stuck with a center who right now needs way more time to develop.

Take the BPA, the GM can do his job to build a proper team later.
That's what I'm saying, a number of these guys from 4 to 12 all have some flaws, but IMO Lundell is one of, if not, the most complete prospect in that range. And he just happens to play an important position which he seems to excel at & brings a variety of skillsets that IMO places his value higher than others in that same range. IMO he is one of three prospects the Sens could use & are all potentially the BPA in Sanderson, Lundell & Askarov, given we draft one of Byfield or Stutzle first.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Out of the top 10 in the draft this year, which 3 players have the highest bust potential? My guess would be Perfetti, Raymond, Stutzle. Let me explain why I have Stutzle in there. I see him as an absolute homerun but on the flip side a mediocre player if his game doesn't translate to the NHL. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the way I see it.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Out of the top 10 in the draft this year, which 3 players have the highest bust potential? My guess would be Perfetti, Raymond, Stutzle. Let me explain why I have Stutzle in there. I see him as an absolute homerun but on the flip side a mediocre player if his game doesn't translate to the NHL. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the way I see it.

There’s no way Stutzle’s game doesn’t translate though, he has everything.

Reactions: SensFactor

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Rossi

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Do you guys who follow the 67s closely think that Rossi is a better or worse prospect than Monahan was at the time they were getting drafted?

I would have thought that Rossi was way further ahead and had more potential than Monahan in almost every area. But for whatever reason I feel like the majority of you dont seem to be overly enthralled with him, and Im having a lot of trouble figuring out why...

Kid looks like a star in the making to me.

Reactions: Que and Boud

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Do you guys who follow the 67s closely think that Rossi is a better or worse prospect than Monahan was at the time they were getting drafted?

I would have thought that Rossi was way further ahead and had more potential than Monahan in almost every area. But for whatever reason I feel like the majority of you dont seem to be overly enthralled with him, and Im having a lot of trouble figuring out why...

Are you comparing him to rugged 6'3 Monahan? Lol

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Are you comparing him to rugged 6'3 Monahan? Lol

Pretty sure Im just asking a question...

Rossi probably had the better career as a 67, and at least from what I know, seems to have more offensive talent, while also playing a complete game. But I guess his size and skating have people very concerned, which is fair I guess.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada

Monahan was playing on a bad team and was carrying them, he and Rossi both had a complete game on the 67’s but Rossi was just a notch better at everything - goal scoring, playmaking, and two-way play. I’m taking Rossi easily when comparing both their draft years.

Reactions: Samsquanch

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
There is always the difference between a better "OHL player" and the better "NHL Prospect". Rossi is a better OHL player at this time (although he is old for his draft year) than Monohan and Konecny by a fair bit. I think he is only slightly better an NHL prospect though, as both Monahan and Konecny had some NHL qualities to their game that Rossi is a short on. On the other end of the spectrum, Corey Locke was a better OHL player than any of the others in his draft year, but not close as a prospect given the speed and size issues. These don't haunt Rossi in the same way, but there is at least a bit of that risk to his career given his size and lack of elite skating. Now he is much thicker, stronger and a better skater than Locke, so I'm not inferring they are the same. But when evaluating the prospects as future NHLers, Monahan was a big skilled center it was clear would likely handle NHL physicality - some minor skating concerns as a prospect. Konecny was one of the best skaters in the draft with an incredible motor whose size and injury risk hurt his stock (and a bad team).

Now obviously Monahan and Konecny have both panned out well, and are more valuable than their draft position given the risk of players even in the 1st round. If Rossi turns out to be as good as either player, I think the NHL GM drafting him will be very happy.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sure but where are you getting that from Boeser? He’s never even been in the playoffs.

And I don’t get that from Monahan.

I kinda half-watch the Canucks, and there's been a few times when I see Boeser get down on himself or be a bit unsure coming back from injury. He doesn't always have the strong mental game to pull through things. Monahan seems to lack fire in his game. The "boring Monahan" thing from a few years ago suits him well.

See the same things from Duchene, Marleau, Thornton, and Bowumester over the years. Good guys, good players, but a little too good for their own good. Great players to have if they're not part of the core, but will come up short as the core. You need a bit of attitude like a Roenick, a P Kane, a Marchand, a Doughty.....jerky guys (with talent) you hate on the opposition, but you love on your team.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
BPA in your opinion.

All three are ranked between 10-20 and you want the Sens to take one of them 5th.
You should look at the rankings, the lowest Sanderson was ranked by 10 scouts was 11, and two had him 3. He’s ranked 8th and that grouping is close, and McKenzie mention those other two as guys likely to be looked at somewhere on the top 10. He basically has said there is a distinct top 12, all of whom can go in the top 10.

Sanderson is 10-20 in your list maybe, not the scouts and team lists though. Askarov and Lundell are assuredly on teams top 10 lists as well.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Rossi is better than Konecny as a prospect, but he’s smaller. If Rossi became what Konecny is today, that would be a very disappointing top 5 pick .
Rossi is not smaller than Konecny. Rossi is built like a brick shit house. He's listed an inch shorter but is already 10 pounds heavier

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The old sens always had to play teams higher in the standings that had twice the payroll.

Maybe you're young and think of the 'old' Sens of being from a different era

That statement doesn't apply to Ottawa in the 2000s at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad