Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick 2020: Who Do The Sens Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Small D that isn't a great skater and generally isn't all that interested in playing D.

High offensive upside but I can't see him having enough of an all-around game to consider him a #1 D.
Did something happen to Boqvist that i don't know about because he was an outstanding skater last time i watched him...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Did something happen to Boqvist that i don't know about because he was an outstanding skater last time i watched him...
I thought he was very mobile D as well in the games I saw this year, and not that small in the games I saw, had to be at least the size of Karlsson. Agree with the defensive aspect, but can hopefully make improvements there as he gets older.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

This might be the most realistic outcome I've seen so far. Not convinced about the Stutzle/Byfield situation, it could go both ways, but I'm more and more confident that we get Byfield and Sanderson. I think the lack of quality in defensemen this season will push us to take Sanderson with 5 and then try to move up for a guy like Quinn.

With a lot more depth on offense in this draft it would make sense even though I'd rather pick Rossi at 5 if available.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Drysdale is ranked 11th overall in the history of OHL for PPG

Cody CECI is ranked 14th

Rossi plays for 67's - so did Cody CECI

There is no way that Jamie Drysdale is 11th in PPG in the history of the OHL. LOL.

What does any of this even mean?

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
What insiders are these?

I also had a quote I had placed in one of these threads from the Wings board. I had asked their insiders who they thought was the pick. They had said Perfetti and that was a few days before the Sam Cosentino stuff came out as well.

I think it was "Perfetti, Rossi, Sanderson in that order"

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
umm is it just me or is the biggest takeaway from that video is how atrocious the other team is? Wtf is that. 2-3 guys pointing. Brutal forechecking/backchecking. All due respect to Sanderson but that’s not a clip you use to whisper a comparisons to Drysdale with

To be fair CHL defending is a pretty big joke too.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
I've really liked Dobson. I could have handled picking him at #4 in 2018. Glad we got Tkachuk but Dobson would have been fine with me.

Ahead in what way?

I think Drysdale is going to be a star so I take him over Dobson all day. Think time will prove this to be correct. Hopefully we come away with Drys or Raymond in the 5 hole.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
umm is it just me or is the biggest takeaway from that video is how atrocious the other team is? Wtf is that. 2-3 guys pointing. Brutal forechecking/backchecking. All due respect to Sanderson but that’s not a clip you use to whisper a comparisons to Drysdale with
.500 team in USHL, probably on par with a few CHL teams.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
The forward was gliding to Sanderson in the defensive zone before that dangle lol. That clip just showcases his skating nothing more.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012

People are just going to have get used to the idea that Sanderson is a better skater with greater hockey sense and compete than Drysdale. Drysdale's offensive game is completely overrated; he is a quick, agile skater, but is lack of extension limits the speed and power of his stride. Don't get me wrong, he is fast, but not Sanderson fast. For example, Thimo Nickl - a RD- beat Drysdale in the 30M Forward Skate at the top prospects combine. I really don't think there is that much separation in terms of skill. They are pretty close.

I don't buy that LD isn't a need. Besides, I thought we were supposed to pick BPA?
Brannstrom and Wolanin can both play RD and neither is sure bet. The best situation would be Brannstrom moves to RD, where he is most offensively comfortable, anyway.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I agree with most of this. The Sens shave some nice size up front but they lack elite skill. I'd like to see them address that. Whatever happens I just hope they pick the players that are going to be the best NHLers regardless of position.

I personally want the following options:

#3 - Byfield/Stuzle
#5 - Raymond/Drysdale

Any combination of that is A-OK with me. I have Raymond slightly ahead of Drysdale but I'll be happy with either. In 2-3 years we could have one of Drysdale or Chabot on the ice for 50+ mins per night. Hard to get upset with that kind of result.
This is me too but if we take byfield I want drysdale. If we take stutzle. I want raymond no other combos

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
People are just going to have get used to the idea that Sanderson is a better skater with greater hockey sense and compete than Drysdale. Drysdale's offensive game is completely overrated; he is a quick, agile skater, but is lack of extension limits the speed and power of his stride. Don't get me wrong, he is fast, but not Sanderson fast. For example, Thimo Nickl - a RD- beat Drysdale in the 30M Forward Skate at the top prospects combine. I really don't think there is that much separation in terms of skill. They are pretty close.

I don't buy that LD isn't a need. Besides, I thought we were supposed to pick BPA?
Brannstrom and Wolanin can both play RD and neither is sure bet. The best situation would be Brannstrom moves to RD, where he is most offensively comfortable, anyway.
He's not a better skater, IQ is debatable and by compete, do you mean more physical?

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bert's criticism of Rossi is based on his size bias, regardless of how many times he's seen him. That's what I'm arguing, because there's nothing about his actual play he seems to dislike. It's all about projections at the NHL level, and as far as I know no one can see into the future, not even Bert.
Just because you keep repeating a statement doesnt mean its true.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Comparing it to a Drysdale video makes the gap look even bigger.

He's not a better skater, IQ is debatable and by compete, do you mean more physical?
He is lost in a bias that cant be reasoned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad