OT: 58th Obsequious Banter Thread - Something Something Leier

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
So the latest Euro run has this hitting the keys and then going up through the middle of Florida, pretty much just completely destroying the entire state. The afternoon GFS shift a bit west from it's run last night, but it was still right off the east coast of Florida. 3 days out and no model consensus. Not good.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Yeah I was lucky I had my flight out of there yesterday reserved. People were scrambling..some paid more money until the airlines capped the fares.

Supposedly this beast might directly go through Trump's Mar a Lago...it already slammed into his Caribbean estate on St Martin which was on the market.

Oh and Harvey's flooding pushed the Earth's crust down 2cm and made Houston sink...:amazed:

They said traffic is horrible trying to go north. From Miami to Atlanta, people are literally sitting in traffic.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
On another disaster note, Equifax has reported that they were hacked and 143 million Americans were affected from SSNs, birth dates, credit cards etc. they will be contacting those affected by mail

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
On another disaster note, Equifax has reported that they were hacked and 143 million Americans were affected from SSNs, birth dates, credit cards etc. they will be contacting those affected by mail

Un****ingreal.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia

So what are they going to do to compensate? Let me see..offer credit monitoring for free for a year or two? I didn't ask them to store my identity in the first place same with lots of these corporate/marketing entitities whose IT systems get hacked and we are left with the fallout.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Looks like we will see some of Irma by Wed but nothing like the whole of Florida will see obviously. Miami, Orlando and Jax are some of the main targets apparently. But all of Florida is in for it. Irma will be worse than Andrew.

In other news...Mexico was rocked by a mag 8.0 earthquake...

Wtf is going on .....

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Irma is currently going through an eyewall replacement cycle and once completed the storms eye will not only be much larger but it will begin strengthening again. recon has only found 130 mph winds this morning but with 48 hours still over the most prime conditions for tropical development I expect it to restrengthen to a cat 5 before landfall unless it makes landfall in Cuba. guidance has shifted west overnight which would spare Miami but it also gets much closer to landfalling in Cuba which I believe is highly unlikely due to the nature of hurricanes avoiding landfall unless there is no where else to go. It's a well documented phenomenon. Just look at yesterday at how it seemingly did a dance around making landfall at pretty much all of the Bahama and Turks islands yesterday. If it goes further north than expected due to this then Miami is back under the gun. If I was anywhere in S. Florida I would have gotten the hell out of dodge yesterday but as with every storm I think a significant amount of people are going to ride this out and hope for the best. Frustratingly those same people will be the first to complain about the response time... This is going to be much worse than Andrew barring some real unforseen circumstances. probably the same or higher winds with 2 times the wind radius and a surge comparable to Katrina.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Equifax discovered the hack on July 29th but did not warn consumers until today; 3 executives sold $1.8M in shares Aug. 1-2...

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
At best, this is systemic incompetence from Incident Response Team leaders on up the chain. There wasn't even a prepared subdomain (or really anything forward-facing) for education/remediation. They used a free shared CloudFlare SSL cert when they finally did get something up, which I assure you is hilarious.

Someone is currently attempting to sell another backdoor. Whether it's real or not, I couldn't tell you yet.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Equifax discovered the hack on July 29th but did not warn consumers until today; 3 executives sold $1.8M in shares Aug. 1-2...

7b24a988c727db73bcf705a55cb98fa0055ba9a7f131280f3a158238887f0103.jpg

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

That is definitely illegal. All they have to do is prove that they sold the shares for that reason, which shouldn't be too hard.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Friend staying in South Florida about 10 miles from the east coast of Florida, told him to get out, didn't listen.

well at least he is far enough inland to likely not be effected from the surge... still those pesky 150 mph winds may be an issue. I hope the place he is staying is structurally sound.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Has anyone see IT? Is it as scary as advertised? Seems like a sweet place to take a girl

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
yep. wife just told me.
she said I am ok, but she may have been affected. enrolled in their security program. it is free for a year.

Yep. Mine says I & my wife may have been affected and signed up (funny, putting in personal information on Equifax when they just got hacked)

Stupid.... sigh

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yep. Mine says I & my wife may have been affected and signed up (funny, putting in personal information on Equifax when they just got hacked)

Stupid.... sigh

I genuinely wonder if anyone who goes through that website is told that their information wasn't impacted by the incident or if they just tell EVERYONE that "we believe that your personal information may have been impacted by this incident."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Heads up, if you sign up for the free monitoring you are likely gonna forfeit any chance of getting class action payout.

Also heads up, a year of credit monitoring is almost certainly gonna be worth several times more than any payout you get from a lawsuit.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I genuinely wonder if anyone who goes through that website is told that their information wasn't impacted by the incident or if they just tell EVERYONE that "we believe that your personal information may have been impacted by this incident."

I thought the same but just had a friend of mine get the following message: "Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information was not impacted by this incident"

He is the first I heard of to not be impacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad