GDT: #5 | Canucks at Flyers | Saturday, October 19, 2024 | 7:00 PM Normal Time | NBCSP

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
That was rough!

Not a lot of positives out of this one. Would like to see some more consistent lines.

Their game is mess on offense and defense.

Reactions: renberg

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
He's not allowed, it needs to be a group decision that also includes torts, they all work as one remember

I can’t figure out if it’s Danny or John being shot in this scene.

R1V7hH.gif

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I was there tonight. I stayed until the very end. As I watched thousands of fans leave with 10 minutes to go in their home f***ing opener.

The building was full of energy. The anticipation (wishful thinking?) that maybe with the help of a 19 year old phenom, this franchise might have turned a corner. This fanbase is starved for a good team. Down 3 goals, there was nothing more the stadium wanted was to pop and cheer a goal. It never came, and the wishful thinking became frustration and anger.

Everyone has said largely anything worth saying. I’ll just say I thought the Canucks were awful tonight. And they still couldn’t score a bloody goal.

The highlight of my night was buying my two year old a ton of gear. Cannot wait to take him here next time.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I was there tonight. I stayed until the very end. As I watched thousands of fans leave with 10 minutes to go in their home f***ing opener.

The building was full of energy. The anticipation (wishful thinking?) that maybe with the help of a 19 year old phenom, this franchise might have turned a corner. This fanbase is starved for a good team. Down 3 goals, there was nothing more the stadium wanted was to pop and cheer a goal. It never came, and the wishful thinking became frustration and anger.

Everyone has said largely anything worth saying. I’ll just say I thought the Canucks were awful tonight. And they still couldn’t score a bloody goal.

The highlight of my night was buying my two year old a ton of gear. Cannot wait to take him here next time.
Also was there and the entire place was just waiting to explode if something good happened, it just never happened

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Tippett didn't score more than 53 points/season and he got $6.2M AAV contract?
Don't worry. Shoot first wingers that aren't very effective on the PP and are super reliant on their athleticism to impact the game always age super well. He will definitely get better and better through his late 20s.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Tippett doing his best Billy in 4C from Dumb and Dumber impression when he shoots. How. Why. What. Get this man an Ophthalmologist

Poehling with Michkov, sure was a decision to be made.

It's clear the Western Canada road trip to start the season was a dumb idea, both to f*** over your fans and secondly to kill the energy level of your players. Not trying to make excuses for them as other teams have to battle through this as well, but just a dumb way to start the season. Combine that with Torts Torture Skate Testing, just asking for a bad start.

The d is complete trash. I don't trust Sanheim rushing up the ice - see last game...Don't know if he's gonna do something or blow a tire and get caught.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meh, teams go through these stretches every year.
The first ten minutes, it was obvious travel took its toll, they were dead.
After that, typical game with up and down stretches.

They missed a lot of scoring chances, 3 posts, bunch of shots that went just wide or over the cross bar. On a good night, they score 3-4 goals. May be pressing a bit right now, but it just takes one game where the goals go in to get players to stop clutching their sticks too hard.

They miss Seeler, Drysdale showed why they like him, really elusive skater, still learning how to play and desperately needs a reliable defensive partner.

Zamula was better, but I think he's just a placeholder until they find some real LHDs. Nothing wrong with his game when he's focused, but nothing special in any dimension, he's not fast, nor highly skilled or physical.

Sanheim and York were fine, Sanheim is trying too hard, but he's healthy, he can still go end to end, he just has to understand that he's not so skilled he shouldn't be looking to give up the puck once in the O-zone.

Farabee just seems off, it's mental, I don't see anything wrong physically.

Laughton is actually playing well, but he's not really a center.

Couts was tried at LW, and I think that's his future once they get some real centers. The game has gotten faster, and his lack of speed won't be as glaring at LW. He'll have to play center this year, but in a couple seasons he'll move to LW permanently.

Tippett is what he is, like TK, he goes through streaks of futility, followed by streaks of goals. It's like Schwarber in baseball, live with the strikeouts b/c the HRs will come. Think he's already hit 3 posts this season.

Michkov is struggling, he's 19, adjusting to the NHL game where the windows are smaller and the players faster than the KHL (which is really not much above the AHL these days). This was to be expected, he'll probably have a great second half of the season as he acclimates.

Brink is playing better after a slow start, he'll always be limited by his size and average speed, but as long as he's not a defensive liability his offensive skills will carry him.

Frost almost made some plays, which is the problem, he's almost a top center, but somehow not quite there. Third season in a major role and he is what he is, a 2C on an average team, a 3C on a top team. Good player in the sled pack, but he'll never be a lead dog.

Luchanko is holding his own, but no more. I think he gets a few more games, but unless he raises his game a notch or two, back to the CHL.

Ersson was fine, only goal he might have had a chance on was Sherwood off the face off.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Was at the game earlier tonight, I would say any 20% of the fans were fed up and left with around 8 minutes remaining... merciless booing... With 30 seconds remaining I joined the boo birds and became an honorary Philadelphian.

Will be at the Capitals game before I head back home...hopefully we can score a couple goals in that one.

On a side note, Philadelphian's are very friendly, met a lot of people in Old City, City Hall and Historic district...not one bad experience.

Bard Marchand

Oct 24, 2023
The season opener was a nice little daydream anomaly. But this is probably the Flyers we get to watch the rest of the year, unless they trade like 5 or more dudes.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Was at the game earlier tonight, I would say any 20% of the fans were fed up and left with around 8 minutes remaining... merciless booing... With 30 seconds remaining I joined the boo birds and became an honorary Philadelphian.

Will be at the Capitals game before I head back home...hopefully we can score a couple goals in that one.

On a side note, Philadelphian's are very friendly, met a lot of people in Old City, City Hall and Historic district...not one bad experience.
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one to fly in and see that trainwreck ha.

I love visiting this city. Especially this time of year.

My wife and I went to Angelo’s yesterday for pizza and cheesesteaks. Took about 20 minutes of waiting to order and another 45 to get our food, but in my opinion absolutely worth the wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad