GDT: 5/22/21 - 12:30PM EDT - #2CD Florida vs #3CD Tampa Bay [CDSF GAME 4]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Brandon Montour seems noticeable. Its hindsight and maybe somewhat the system since every FL acquisition seems to be doing amazing this year but too bad we didn't get Montour instead of Savard?
I don't mind Savard if we are playing 7 D, if we are playing 6...not so much. On the market at the time there wasn't many RHD available. Savard looks like he is being asked to do too much or he is thinking he has to do more than he needs. It reminds me of Schenn's early days where he didn't realize we just required him to play safe and not over stretch.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Brandon Montour seems noticeable. Its hindsight and maybe somewhat the system since every FL acquisition seems to be doing amazing this year but too bad we didn't get Montour instead of Savard?
Montour was #1 on my list of wants at the deadline and then Josh Manson was #2. Savard was someone who if he played like he does in the playoffs against us i wouldnt mind having for a 2nd and a meh prospect... not a 1st+.. also wouldnt have mind seeing us go big with getting Rakell as well as Manson from the Ducks

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This is why we (usually) don't rent players. They rarely fit in. Imagine playing for Torts for most of your career and then being asked to go play Cooper hockey?

Even with McDonagh -- it was the year AFTER the trade when he settled in.

This would make sense if he was thriving in Columbus and his game took a 180 after the trade, it didn't Columbus fans couldn't wait to get rid of him for the same issues we're seeing now.

For the price we paid, we should've targetted somebody with decent underlying numbers, not a guy at the bottom of every statistical category and hope for the best. Florida got Montour for a 2nd, this guy has been all over the ice this series.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
This would make sense if he was thriving in Columbus and his game took a 180 after the trade, it didn't Columbus fans couldn't wait to get rid of him for the same issues we're seeing now.

For the price we paid, we should've targetted somebody with decent underlying numbers, not a guy at the bottom of every statistical category and hope for the best. Florida got Montour for a 2nd, this guy has been all over the ice this series.
who was the other option? Gustaffson? Siegenthahler? Not really sure.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
who was the other option? Gustaffson? Siegenthahler? Not really sure.

Montour or Hakanpaa, both targetted by Florida and Carolina. Montour as puck mover and Hakanpaa who's a 6'5 beast at clearing the net, could've used either tbh.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Montour or Hakanpaa, both targetted by Florida and Carolina. Montour as puck mover and Hakanpaa who's a 6'5 beast at clearing the net, could've used either or tbh.
Forgot about Hakanpaa..yeah I really would have like Hakanpaa.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Montour or Hakanpaa, both targetted by Florida and Carolina. Montour as puck mover and Hakanpaa who's a 6'5 beast at clearing the net, could've used either tbh.
Manson would have been nice, his stats arent great but hes still a solid d-man for the Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad