Post-Game Talk: #46 Rangers @ Panthers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

*Bob Richards*

If it gives me another two weeks of frustrating Rangers hockey, I'll take it. I love the team, nothing worse then the season being over before May, with 5 months until the next game.

If this hypothetical lost series was going to be vs. Montreal, I'd be all for the extended season. :laugh:

Losing it to Pittsburgh would actually make me sick. I can not stand a single thing about that self-entitled, ********* organization.

JD123

Mar 6, 2013
Torts doesn't care/bother with the PP.

But if make playoffs and happen to play the Penguins I am sure they will really care about their powerplay when they score 2-3 powerplay goals on us every game :help:

Championship*

I like that people think that "anything can happen in the playoffs". But we just watched a team with the chance to clinch lose to THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

Bodes real well. They certainly should be able to lock it up against a better team during a more important time.

Right?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
If this hypothetical lost series was going to be vs. Montreal, I'd be all for the extended season. :laugh:

Losing it to Pittsburgh would actually make me sick. I can not stand a single thing about that self-entitled, ********* organization.

:laugh: Good point.

JD123

Mar 6, 2013
And we mortgaged our future for him.

Yes we did. What did we give away for him?? 3 picks??? HAHA. Lose lose situation unless we make playoffs and he lights it up and we make it far. Not holding my breath on that one. Gaborik trade (good for present and future). Clowe trade??? Probably not so good for future

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Yes, I agree with what you're saying.

I do think the team played well enough to win, but again, no puckluck.

I'm writing this season off as a failure because we failed to bring the cup to New York. As a fan of the team that made it to game 6 of the ECF last year and supposedly added the missing piece, this is beyond frustrating to take in. We are essentially back in time to the 2009-10 season where we are building around one winger as our offense (Gaborik).

Added probabilistic chances to win 7 game series in a 1 v 8 playoff matchup to my previous post. The odds to win are significantly better than you think.
Quick summary is basically we have between a 20-30% chance to beat the Penguins in a 7 game series. Not great odds but not something impossible to overcome that's still ~1 in 4 times. And then we have greater chances to win future series since they will be against teams worse that the Penguins.

Championship*

Add probabilistic chances to win 7 game series in a 1 v 8 playoff matchup to my previous post. The odds to win are significantly better than you think.

I care about odds to win the cup.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Tonight was not about lack of puckluck ( maybe some) as much as lack of execution. They were in some nice situations but could not seal the deal.
Callahan's backpedalling, the further back he went the less the probability of scoring was.
A quick shot to the net had a high probability of hitting the back of the net.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Well then I guess you might as well quit following hockey because the chances that even the Penguins or Blackhawks win the cup is:

Assume they are 60% to win any given game in round 1
Assume they are 57% to win any given game in round 2
Assume they are 53% to win any given game in round 3
Assume they are 50% to win any given game in the finals (1 vs 1)

All these numbers are obviously just made up by me in this post but they are generally going to be pretty close. Obviously it can change if say the 7 seed wins round 1 so then the 1 plays the 7 round 2 instead of say the 4 but this is representing the most likely scenario.

These 4 combination of percentages result in a 86% chance to win round 1, 78% chance to win round 2, 63% chance to win round 3, and 50% chance to win in the finals.

So the result would be a 21% chance to win the stanley cup.

So if you're going into this as a fan of any team with the expectation that you're going to win you are just wasting your time. If you even want to have a 50% chance to win the Cup you would have to be 84% to win every single series. If you wanted to have a 75% chance you'd have to be 93% to win every series.

*Bob Richards*

I'm definitely not the first poster to say this, but this team is real dumb.

I mean real ****ing dumb. Even guys like McDonagh who were lauded for their IQ last season seems to have had an aneurysm.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

I mean real ****ing dumb. Even guys like McDonagh who were lauded for their IQ last season seems to have had an aneurysm.

That's been my motto all season.

The New York Pejorative Slurs.

It's scary how stupid their decision making is out there.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

Dumbest team in the NHL. Bar none. Collective hockey IQ of a walnut.

Championship*

Well then I guess you might as well quit following hockey because the chances that even the Penguins or Blackhawks win the cup is:

Assume they are 60% to win any given game in round 1
Assume they are 57% to win any given game in round 2
Assume they are 53% to win any given game in round 3
Assume they are 50% to win any given game in the finals (1 vs 1)

All these numbers are obviously just made up by me in this post but they are generally going to be pretty close. Obviously it can change if say the 7 seed wins round 1 so then the 1 plays the 7 round 2 instead of say the 4 but this is representing the most likely scenario.

These 4 combination of percentages result in a 86% chance to win round 1, 78% chance to win round 2, 63% chance to win round 3, and 50% chance to win in the finals.

So the result would be a 21% chance to win the stanley cup.

So if you're going into this as a fan of any team with the expectation that you're going to win you are just wasting your time. If you even want to have a 50% chance to win the Cup you would have to be 84% to win every single series. If you wanted to have a 75% chance you'd have to be 93% to win every series.

Way too much ASSUMPTIONS. You admitted to making up the numbers. Therefore, it means nothing.

Here is what I KNOW:

In the last 12 years, the cup winner was
1st - 4 times
2nd - 4 times
3rd - 1 time
4th - 2 times
8th - 1 time (first time ever)

That's just the last 12 years.

Anything lower than 4th is an aberration.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Trying to do too much and inadvertently shutting himself down so the opposing defensemen don't have to

Yup, stick handling to the middle and trying to make a million moves. Then when he has a shot he looks to pass. He's in need of a few goals to get himself going again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad