Prospect Info: #46 Overall, RD Seamus Casey US-NTDP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Sign him to an ATO and assign him to Utica. He can play in the AHl and after the season a decision on whether or not signing or returning to Mich for a 3rd season can be made. On an ATO he maintains his amateur status.

If he obviously holds his own against AHL competition, sing him. He plays at least 1 full season in the AHL as Nemec did and then you see where things go from there.

As @Guadana says (and I agree), he is close to a Quinn Hughes level of prospect. Trading him away now on a knee jerk reaction to maybe save a middling end to this season would be ludicrous.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Sign him to an ATO and assign him to Utica. He can play in the AHl and after the season a decision on whether or not signing or returning to Mich for a 3rd season can be made. On an ATO he maintains his amateur status.

If he obviously holds his own against AHL competition, sing him. He plays at least 1 full season in the AHL as Nemec did and then you see where things go from there.

As @Guadana says (and I agree), he is close to a Quinn Hughes level of prospect. Trading him away now on a knee jerk reaction to maybe save a middling end to this season would be ludicrous.

I am not sure that this is allowed? and quite frankly, he would never do it.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I am not sure that this is allowed? and quite frankly, he would never do it.

It’s not allowed, he would lose his NCAA eligibility.

IMG_2971.jpeg

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I think there’s simply not going to be room for Casey on the NHL roster next year. It’s too early to trade a vet, and we’ve seen this year how beneficial it can be having one of your best defensemen in the AHL to help insulate against injuries.

But if he ends up getting any time, his play is gonna instantly mesh with this roster. Luke Hughes is a great skater and a great offensive defenseman, but he’s not really the typical “playingmaking” defenseman, and Casey is that player. He’s gonna create so much space for forwards in transition, and he can be lethal as the trailer if Hughes or Bratt is carrying the puck.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I'd be absolutely shocked if that's the case.
Hmm. Do you think Bahl’s play is just growing pains? He’s been disappointing. While I think he fits as a third pair, it’s difficult not to take an immense talent like Casey over him.

We also do not know who of Miller or Smith might come back as both are UDA, or the new guy. Or Misyul or Hatakka. Or… damn.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Hmm. Do you think Bahl’s play is just growing pains? He’s been disappointing. While I think he fits as a third pair, it’s difficult not to take an immense talent like Casey over him.

We also do not know who of Miller or Smith might come back as both are UDA, or the new guy. Or Misyul or Hatakka. Or… damn.
I don’t even think it’s that. Something’s up with the team. It’s not a coincidence that Marino, Siegenthaler, and Bahl all look worse than they did last year. And i don’t think they all forgot how to play well.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
For me, the WJCs made it clear that his defensive game needs work. The coaching staff must have agreed since Hutson was getting PK time over him, and IMO they made the right decision.

To be fair Casey was sick and missed a game because of that. I doubt he was ever 100% there. Not sure that’s the best way to evaluate him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad