World Cup: 4 Nations Tournament- Team USA (2025)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Gaudreau - Matthews - M. Tkachuk
Robertson - Eichel - Guentzel
Miller - J. Hughes - Boeser
Kreider - Larkin - Boldy
B. Tkachuk

Q. Hughes - McAvoy
Slavin - Fox
Werenski - Faber
Hanifin

Hellebuyck
Demko
Swayman

I know Gaudreau doesn't deserve it based on his last two seasons, but he was so good his last year in Calgary with Tkachuk, and I think he would have better numbers on any other team in the league because of how horrid CBJ is. He fits so well next to Tkachuk and Matthews. Connor and Keller were hard to leave off, and overall, I think the US lacks natural RW depth. Maybe Leonard or someone else will explode over the next year. I'm really excited about the third and second lines. Miller and Boeser have been great this year and fit well with Hughes, and I think Eichel and Robertson could dominate together. The D-core and goalies will be solid no matter what. I think this team's ceiling depends on how much the wingers can produce offensively.
0% Leonard is there

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He was a bubble guy anyway but Zegras didn't do himself any favours at this tournament. There was talk going in he was a big game player because of his performance at the WJC but I don't think I saw a single good shift out of the guy in the U.S games I watched.
He shot the puck into the net like 3 seconds after Farabee got plowed into the goalie...that was his accomplishment today...

Reactions: jj cale

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He was a bubble guy anyway but Zegras didn't do himself any favours at this tournament. There was talk going in he was a big game player because of his performance at the WJC but I don't think I saw a single good shift out of the guy in the U.S games I watched.
I fear Zegras is going to go the Andy Roddick (tennis) path. When he was at his best he was an instinctual player who relied on his huge serve and massive forehand to great success . Then he ended up listening to the talking heads and changed his game to be more well-rounded and he suffered for it. To me, Zegras seems like he's had the creativity and swagger sucked out of his game.

Reactions: jj cale

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'll be interested if USA Hockey took anything meaningful from the WCs when putting this team together. I don't think they will go all goon, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are very few small, finesse players. I could see:

Goaltenders (x3):

Hellebucyk
Oettinger
Swayman

Defense (x8):

Q. Hughes/McAvoy
Fox/Slavin
Werenski/Jones
McDonagh/Faber

Forwards (x14):

M. Tkachuk-Matthews-J. Hughes
Guentzel-Eichel-B. Tkachuk
Robertson-Miller-T. Thompson
Kreider-Larkin-Trocheck
Connor-Boldy

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'll be interested if USA Hockey took anything meaningful from the WCs when putting this team together. I don't think they will go all goon, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are very few small, finesse players. I could see:

Goaltenders (x3):

Hellebucyk
Oettinger
Swayman

Defense (x8):

Q. Hughes/McAvoy
Fox/Slavin
Werenski/Jones
McDonagh/Faber

Forwards (x14):

Kreider-Larkin-Trocheck
Connor-Boldy
In all honesty, I don't see any scenario that Kane doesn't make this team. The dude has been waiting over a decade for another best on best scenario. I get making the team tougher but he is our GOAT, still producing at a high level.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
In all honesty, I don't see any scenario that Kane doesn't make this team. The dude has been waiting over a decade for another best on best scenario. I get making the team tougher but he is our GOAT, still producing at a high level.
I agree that Kane will be there. I just hope he's 100% healthy and engaged.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York

Goaltenders (x3):

Hellebucyk
Oettinger
Swayman

Defense (x8):

Q. Hughes/McAvoy
Fox/Slavin
Werenski/Jones
McDonagh/Faber

Forwards (x14):

Kreider-Larkin-Trocheck
Connor-Boldy
Would maybe switch up the lines / d pairs a bit, but would have pretty much the same roster. Enough top end skill on the team already that you don’t need smaller finesse offense only players.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
Not having Guentzel on your roster is absolutely crazy. He’s objectively better than numerous wingers mentioned and shows up in the playoffs.

Reactions: dalewood12

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023

Goaltenders (x3):

Hellebucyk
Oettinger
Swayman

Defense (x8):

Q. Hughes/McAvoy
Fox/Slavin
Werenski/Jones
McDonagh/Faber

Forwards (x14):

Kreider-Larkin-Trocheck
Connor-Boldy
Nice Roster! I agree, no Zegras or Caufield. Clayton Keller likely makes it somewhere on here. He’s just too good not to be. His chemistry with Matthews might put him into convos for 1st line.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
M. Tkachuk - Matthews - Kane
Robertson - Eichel - Hughes
Miller - Larkin - Connor
B. Tkachuk - Thompson - Tuch
Boldy

Slavin - Fox
Hughes - McAvoy
Werenski - Faber
Carlson

Standard goalies

Reactions: Joe Zanussi

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
Not having Guentzel on your roster is absolutely crazy. He’s objectively better than numerous wingers mentioned and shows up in the playoffs.

With Pens HC Mike Sullivan behind the benches, I expect Guentzel to make the 4 Nations team, barring a terrible start to the season.

Reactions: Joe Zanussi

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
B.Tkachuk-Matthews-Keller
Hughes-Eichel-M.Tkachuk
Robertson-Larkin-Guentzel
Kreider-Miller-Trocheck
13th and 14th: Connor-Boldy

If Thompson bounces back, I think he makes it.

Last edited:

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
With or without Sullivan, Guentzel is a top 8 US-born winger. Some of the rosters people are posting are. . . weird.

Mostly the best-on-best teams are built on just thinking that a player is forward, not as center or winger. I have to say thought that if you compare top 12 forwards of Canada and USA, majority of Canadian bunch is centers while USA has more evenly shared between centers and wingers.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Kane/Nelson/Boldy over Kreider/Trocheck/Guentzel is just wrong.

You're are seriously underrating Boldy. Was the best forward on US Team.
I am taking him over all 3 you listed, he is that good. Will just under
Eichel, Matthews and a healthy Hughes in game impact by end of next year.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Trying not to be too much of a homer here, but I'd have a very hard time leaving L Hughes off this team. He's been arguably our best defenseman at the WCs, especially since switching to RD. He's probably the fastest dman in the NHL and can play both sides of the ice.

If I were taking 8 dmen, I think I'd go:

Slavin - Fox
Q Hughes - McAvoy
McDonagh - L Hughes
Werenski - Faber

No way is L. Hughes slotting ahead of Faber on his offside. Ryan McDonagh isn't it shouldn't be on this team.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
M. Tkachuk - Matthews - Kane
Robertson - Eichel - Hughes
Miller - Larkin - Connor
B. Tkachuk - Thompson - Tuch
Boldy

Slavin - Fox
Hughes - McAvoy
Werenski - Faber
Carlson

Standard goalies