BRUINS GDT 4/19: Game 4 ECQF: BRUINS (2) @ Toronto (1) | NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Oh I agree with you about the atmosphere at the ACC for leaf games, although Raptors games are better. I don't agree that the city itself is empty, plastic and hollow.

Ah, I see, and no I didnt mean to imply that in some general sweeping way. I do love Toronto & the extra curricular activities one can get up to be it the Distillery District, Spadina & Queen West, Yorkville & so on. Some fabulous neighborhoods, areas.... the people extremely friendly & yes, polite. Torontonians often getting a bad rap for sure. Lots of great people with tonnes of depth, self deprecating, sense of humor about things, life. People are people wherever, everywhere. Toronto a Hell of a lot better than most places... I just wish some wouldnt rub everyone elses noses in it, over-arch, be real, get real, show some class, grace... the old Toronto kind & ya, that absolutely applies to a large swath of Leaf fans.... seriously.... I blame their parents.... Amalgamation.... former Mayor Crosby... Godfrey.... Uncle Bobby.... Mr Dress-Up.... Casey & Finnigan... that whole gang of reprobates from SCTV.... Jim Carrey.... just no proper role models...

Reactions: Neely2005

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
And for the record, I'm from Alaska, we lost our only "pro" franchise from the ECHL a few years ago so now we are relegated to junior or beer league hockey. I'm going to enjoy this Bruins playoff ride all the way to the end, hopefully it ends up with another cup.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
giphy.gif

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Ah, I see, and no I didnt mean to imply that in some general sweeping way. I do love Toronto & the extra curricular activities one can get up to be it the Distillery District, Spadina & Queen West, Yorkville & so on. Some fabulous neighborhoods, areas.... the people extremely friendly & yes, polite. Torontonians often getting a bad rap for sure. Lots of great people with tonnes of depth, self deprecating, sense of humor about things, life. People are people wherever, everywhere. Toronto a Hell of a lot better than most places... I just wish some wouldnt rub everyone elses noses in it, over-arch, be real, get real, show some class, grace... the old Toronto kind & ya, that absolutely applies to a large swath of Leaf fans.... seriously.... I blame their parents.... Amalgamation.... former Mayor Crosby... Godfrey.... Uncle Bobby.... Mr Dress-Up.... Casey & Finnigan... that whole gang of reprobates from SCTV.... Jim Carrey.... just no proper role models...
Mr.Dress Up Are you referring to our PM Lol

Reactions: caz16 and Killion

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
And for the record, I'm from Alaska, we lost our only "pro" franchise from the ECHL a few years ago so now we are relegated to junior or beer league hockey.
I just left Anchorage recently after five years.

Losing the Aces really bummed out a lot of folks up there. Was sad to see that end.

Reactions: Bruin

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
I just left Anchorage recently after five years.

Losing the Aces really bummed out a lot of folks up there. Was sad to see that end.
Yeah, I had some friends with season tickets that loved watching the Aces play, they had a few good teams over the years. I use to watch them when they were the Anchorage Aces in the WCHL, now that was some "spirited" hockey. lol

Reactions: Lockheed

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I have a gooooood feeling about tonight ??.. .......however I did tell my wife today that I will be nervous if the Bruins lose tonight.

Bergeron & company will return to form tonight !!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I have a gooooood feeling about tonight ??.. .......however I did tell my wife today that I will be nervous if the Bruins lose tonight.

Bergeron & company will return to form tonight !!
Tell you the truth I have no feelings tonight could go either way,but yeah I’m with you very nervous if they loose.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
If they open up like they did the beginning of the 2nd game, it won't go well for the Leaves.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Tuukka needs to steal this game.
Top line needs to show why they are the best in the NHL.
2nd line needs to prove they are a lethal force as well. Time for Krejci to wake up and Rick Nash to prove he can perform in the playoffs
Riley Nash's line needs to chip in as well. Backes needs a big night.
4th line will be there usually good strong self.
Defense will improve with Grzelcyk back.
Chara, McQuaid and Miller need to punish the Leafs for touching the puck.
If this happens, Bruins win easily.
If all of this happens, then the first item is not needed.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I have a confession to make. My own beer league team's finals go tonight, game 2, starting at 8:15 - my blood pressure isn't terribly upset that I will come off the ice to find out the score versus watching it happen. I need a breather. The Toronto series in some ways is my cup, man. I need this. I NEED THIS.

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
And for the record, I'm from Alaska, we lost our only "pro" franchise from the ECHL a few years ago so now we are relegated to junior or beer league hockey. I'm going to enjoy this Bruins playoff ride all the way to the end, hopefully it ends up with another cup.
What part? My sister in law fills in for Surgeons on vacation. I think she’s been in Sitka lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad