HF Habs: 3rd Annual Speed Mock Draft 2023 edition (Round 5 - COMPLETED)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Some final rankings have Benson ahead of Carlsson. I'm happy with my choice. I know that Columbus will go with a C in real life, Smith or Carlsson. But this a Mock Draft for fun and for make your personnal team. Zach Benson can become a better pro player than Carlsson and Smith IMO. He is such a beauty.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Here we go..
Theo Lindstein, Gracyn Sawchyn and Kasper Haltunnen

Chicago @Treb is on the clock

Detroit Red Wings selections:

1 (9) David Reinbacher (RD) 6’2 187 Kloten (Swiss)

1 (17) Colby Barlow (RW) 6’1 190 Owen Sound (OHL)

2 (41) Theo Lindstein (LD) 6’0 181 Brynas (SHL)

2 (42) Gracyn Sawchyn (C-R) 5’11 165 Seattle (WHL)

2 (43) Kasper Haltunnen (RW) 6’3 207 HIFK (Liiga)

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Here we go..

What a strong frigging draft ! Sheesh, Sawchyn so far down is a very, very good one. Id love for the Habs to be able to get something like this.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
The Washington Capitals are proud to select, from the OHL's London Knights, Oliver Bonk!

EBFE6D18C67B0599FFA3F25DA20F020E6C9854C8

Strong, physical, and agile, Oliver Bonk is the prototypical two-way right-handed defenseman. He can defend, he can skate, he can check, he can move the puck, and he can eat delicious minutes like a black hole at a buffet.

That's it for me until round 4.

Please see attached an artist's rendering of the drafted player
03_SS-Bonk-III-Bonks-Big-Adventure-PC-Engine-Giant-Bonk-616x575.png

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
What a strong frigging draft ! Sheesh, Sawchyn so far down is a very, very good one. Id love for the Habs to be able to get something like this.
Stevie Y. has some serious draft capital and his prospect pool is looking strong. I wouldn't be surprised if he trades up from a couple of those 2nd rounders

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Here we go..

You have to think Detroit does something with those picks for sure. Maybe move up into 1st round. That's a lot of picks.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I think many of you are underestimating Strbak’s offensive upside. Looking at stats is a great way to be fooled. Watch him play and his skating and stickhandling are very impressive. His upside is a very mobile two way defender who can both move the puck and clear the front of the net. There are still forwards that I liked as well but there are a lot of them left and only a few RD’s who even have a chance to play in the top 4. I think most of you know my stance on taking goalies early by now lol.

JT3

May 27, 2013
Strbak is bigger and more physical & Chesley is a much better skater.

But, yeah, Strbak is someone who would pair well with Hutson, or even Guhle. Defensive defenseman are not the lugs they once were.
I like Strbak personally, strong defensive/physical guys can still play a role and we don't have any on the right side, he would give us a different profile there to what we have. I compare him similarly to his fellow Slovak Erik Cernak, obviously that would be a pretty good result but I see a fair amount of similarities.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
The Nashville Preds are proud to select both from the Kitchener Rangers dman Hunter Brzustewicz and center Carson Rehkopf

1. Brayden Yager
2. Quentin Musty
3. Hunter Brzustewicz
4. Carson Rehkopf

@StCaufield

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I’m still unsure of what to think about Strbak. Eye test is fine, but it hasn’t translated to production yet.
He produces when he plays with the Slovakian teams. He is buried behind two 20 year olds in Sioux Falls and doesn't get the pp time that he does with the national teams.

Every single time I have watched him he has absolutely grabbed my attention with his mobility and puck skills. Considering that he is widely accepted as one of the best defenders in the dzone in the entire draft, the inclusion of the skill that I have witnessed really pumps his stock up. IMO he is easily the most underrated dman of this class and is a lot closer to Reinbacher And Willander than he is to the rest of the class that is typically viewed as 2nd/3rd rounders. Watch him in the U18 games where he was outstanding, this is not a stay at home one dimensional defender.

Points can be very misleading for dmen as so much of their production relies on forwards, especially those who score off of the rush.

I knew this pick wasn't sexy enough to be overly popular on this board but I really wanted a RD with top 3/4 potential and IMO the only two left were Strbak and Bonk. I think Strbak is a 1st round talent and might have taken him at 31 if Stenberg didn't miraculously fall into my lap.

Anyways.....I entirely respect those who question the pick because they are right to question any pick at this point of the draft.

Calgary Flames are pleased to select Lenni Hameenaho (RW) from Assat (Liiga).
Nooooo....was hoping for him to fall to 69.....might be the next Lehkonen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad