Prospect Info: 33rd overall Roby Jarventie LW FIN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The physical difference between someone 18 yrs old and someone even in their early 20's cannot be stressed enough. This kid is playing with men in Finland, as he grows into his frame there are going to be adjustment periods - how he trains, how he eats, that has to keep pace with his growth and will impact his game. I agree with the posters saying Belville would be the best spot for him next year.
Exactly, and kids that young can pack on muscle quickly. My own teenage son (2002 birth year who works out nonstop) put on nearly 20 lbs in a year. It was shocking. And it wasn't fat as his BF% is maybe 8-10%.

Reactions: Blotto71

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
@TSN1200
The Ottawa Senators have inked Roby Jarventie to an entry level contract. He was selected 33rd overall in the 2020 NHL Draft, he will join the Belleville Senators on an ATO to finish the season.
That is awesome and exciting news.
Very interested to see how this boom/bust dude turns out.

Reactions: Raze The Stray

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
This is great news for Lassi Thomson's development!

Playing with a fellow Finn who he has already played with should help Lassi feel more at home in the Sens organization.

I think both need much more development. But I also believe Jarviente and Thomson have legitimate shots of becoming NHLers.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
You have to have a Finn to win.

Edmonton had Kurri & Tikkanen.
Colorado had Ville Nieminen.
Dallas had Jere Lehtinen.
Anaheim had Selanne.
Detroit had Filppula
Chicago had Timonen.
Boston had Tuukka Rask.
Pittsburgh had Maatta.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Let's hope he turns into a good player...this really is a boom or bust pick

How do you call an 18 year old a boom or bust pick already? We have no idea how his game could round out.

Yes we want to tap in to that high end skill but there is loads of room in between - what is a boom anyway? If he scores 20 goals a year for us is that a boom or bust?

We don't need to be in a hurry with any of the recent picks.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Exactly, and kids that young can pack on muscle quickly. My own teenage son (2002 birth year who works out nonstop) put on nearly 20 lbs in a year. It was shocking. And it wasn't fat as his BF% is maybe 8-10%.

Lol! How's the grocery bill these days?

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Long bump but how have you guys felt he's been doing this year? 22 pts in 40 games in Belleville. 6 goals 16 Assists. Should we give him a game here and there after the deadline?

Or should he not play in Ottawa at all this year.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Long bump but how have you guys felt he's been doing this year? 22 pts in 40 games in Belleville. 6 goals 16 Assists. Should we give him a game here and there after the deadline?

Or should he not play in Ottawa at all this year.
Would be all for getting him a cup of coffee.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Obviously a much better showing than last WJC. Good to remember that he is still quite young too. Coming into this season Jarventie will be 3 months younger than Norris was during his impressive ppg year in the AHL.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Now you see why I call him Boom Boom? Jarventie reminds me of post accident Heater a bit, obviously not as prolific a goal scorer, but a natural one at that. He may look laxy, but what he is doing is giving the passer an option while giving himself best angle to shoot. What a f***ing shot, boom boom!

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
20 years old. 6ft3, 200 pound kid with loads of room to grow. By the time he's 22-23, he'll be in a position to really help the big club

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad