Prospect Info: 33rd overall Roby Jarventie LW FIN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Thank god pro's have more patience than you do. My god, he's only 18 years old

The physical difference between someone 18 yrs old and someone even in their early 20's cannot be stressed enough. This kid is playing with men in Finland, as he grows into his frame there are going to be adjustment periods - how he trains, how he eats, that has to keep pace with his growth and will impact his game. I agree with the posters saying Belville would be the best spot for him next year.

Reactions: cudi

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Jarventie is 18 for nearly another half year, is growing into his body (he's still growing), and is playing in a Mens league. Writing off a guy who is that young, playing in a professional league, a bigger player who have longer development curves, and who is still growing to this day, seems short sighted, at best.

Not to mention 22 points as a very young 18 year old is a very impressive season.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Kudos to @Phenomenon for breaking the news yesterday, and for also providing some relevant context to the kind of season Jarventie has had this season.

Most of the players in the list above (except Hintz, Lehterä and Kotkaniemi) played in winning teams surrounded with veterans. Therefore the comparison by point production is not fruitful.

One has to remember that Ilves as a team was terrible after all the NHL loans (except Maccelli) left the team and team faced exceptionally lot of injuries. All the attempts to improve the roster failed due to different reasons - head injuries, COVID19-affection, economic reasons etc. The center forward between Maccelli and Järventie changed all the time.

Järventie needs to improve his defensive game and get more muscle, but he is more versatile player already than just a sniper.

Senators seem to believe in his potential, because the NHL contract was signed today according to Ilves´s forum.

As a newly minted 18 year old to begin the season, he has had a successful campaign. The Sens drafted him for his raw skills and it sounds like he's developing other parts of the game already. There is plenty of development time remaining with Jarventie, hope he is truly signed for next season for development under Troy "Man's" Mann.

Boom Boom Jarventie has the potential to be a top-6 goal scorer if all the stars align. He is a natural shooter.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We now have 30 contracts for next year plus 15 RFAs, at least 10 of which are likely to be re-signed. We will likely sign Daoust and Sanderson as well next year and at least 2 of our 2021 picks. Add in Lodin maybe and that puts us at 45 contracts.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Dont see this happening at all. No point bringing him over to start getting used to the North American game just to send him right back.
Yeah I don't know whats best for the guy but i dont see ottawa sending him back.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Why would you hope he goes back to Ilves next year?
He's much better off with Mann here.
Jarventie is such a raw prospect, I don’t think he’s ready for the AHL in all honesty.
I don’t like the notion of playing a prospect in the AHL until he’s 20, especially one like Jarventie.

The AHL is weaker because of the taxi squad however, so I might be wrong with my
assessment of things.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Jarventie is such a raw prospect, I don’t think he’s ready for the AHL in all honesty.
I don’t like the notion of playing a prospect in the AHL until he’s 20, especially one like Jarventie.

The AHL is weaker because of the taxi squad however, so I might be wrong with my
assessment of things.

Jarventie has played 2 full seasons against men as a 17 and 18 year old in Finland, he is ready to take the next step to his development against men in the AHL. He is here to stay:

Reactions: Sensinitis

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

assessment of things.
He will be in Belleville next year.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Good news! Get him playing the pro game asap. I can see him having a Hoffman-esque trajectory basically a few years in the AHL with improving numbers and defensive play before he finally graduates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad