GDT: #31 - 12/13/16 | blackhawks @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG 2, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I do not have the skills,

I just think the headlines are funny. Sometimes a goalie goes cold and the back-up plays, not sure what the big deal is. There are a ton of games left.

yeah i fail to see the issue tbh.

its only an issue if Raanta keeps giving up 2 or fewer goals. sooner or later hes going to get lit up. not because hes a bad goalie, but because, lets face it, our defense is TRASH.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It's as simple as Raanta having back to back shutouts.

Nobody, including Raanta, is under any illusions that Hank is losing his starting job.

Well, I should clarify that as nobody of any importance.

Segments of the media and the fanbase are dumb as feel that way.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Raanta giving up like 5 easy goals would certainly reel the crazy segments of the fabase back to reality.

Hope for a 6-5 win in that case of course.

That is the easy way out :laugh:

I want Raanta to continue his excellent perfomance and preserve the confidence he has built up for the next time he gets called upon.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
yeah i fail to see the issue tbh.

its only an issue if Raanta keeps giving up 2 or fewer goals. sooner or later hes going to get lit up. not because hes a bad goalie, but because, lets face it, our defense is TRASH.

They have been playing much better in front of Raanta. That tells me that they can play better. I am not saying they are good. But, they have played three good games in a row. Obviously the ability to step up from the level of suckitude we have seen does exist in that group of misfits.

I honestly think Vigneault is currently making his most brilliant coaching decision during his time as a NYR coach. If he were to throw Lundqvist back in any of the previous games and he gets blown out... that would be very bad for us. He is going to ride Raanta's hot streak until it is over. Then, Lundqvist can come back in, no pressure, regain his mental edge and carry us to the promise land. ;)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
id be very surprised if Henrik isnt in the next game barring another shutout/1 goal game by Raanta...which i'm not expecting. Frankly i wouldnt be at all surprised if we got smoke tonight...if only because we're playing a great team that may be getting a shot in the arm tonight.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
They have been playing much better in front of Raanta. That tells me that they can play better. I am not saying they are good. But, they have played three good games in a row. Obviously the ability to step up from the level of suckitude we have seen does exist in that group of misfits.

this is a fair post. hard to argue with it. id say the sense of urgency is the biggest difference between the way they play in front of both goalies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The reality is that Hank hasn't played all that well this year. This notion that we play so much better in front of Raanta is overblown. Opposing teams have had several grade A chances against Raanta in all of his starts. The difference is that he is making these saves at key times of the game. Hopefully this is the wakeup call that Hank needs to step his game up.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
That has to be a Cyrgalis article. ****ing Asshat

It was Brooks, actually, and who wrote literally yesterday that Hank will absolutely "regain the throne" this season and there is no controversy unless Raanta gets the start and plays well tonight. But now, this morning, we are at peak goalie crisis :laugh:

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
this is a fair post. hard to argue with it. id say the sense of urgency is the biggest difference between the way they play in front of both goalies.

Yeah, this is what I was trying to say before. They shouldn't stop playing smart hockey just because Hank is in net. All of that attention to detail, forwards providing puck support, structured breakouts, cycling, etc., shouldn't just magically stop.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Get ready to hear the NBC crew talk about the Rangers goaltending situation all ****ing night long.

Most likely won't be an NBC crew, but Pat Foley and his stupid homer Chicago crap along with salty Eddie telling stories about why he hated being with the Rangers.

Just like the NHL Network game last week.

Promote the **** out of the Blackhawks.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Really is amazing we are winning games with so many important players hurt or not playing well.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Most likely won't be an NBC crew, but Pat Foley and his stupid homer Chicago crap along with salty Eddie telling stories about why he hated being with the Rangers.

Just like the NHL Network game last week.

Promote the **** out of the Blackhawks.

I personally enjoyed some of the crap the Hawks guys spouted, it was kinda funny. :laugh:

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Will MSG2 be blacked out since the game is on NBCSN?

Also, A+ clickbait Brooks, even though I'm sure it was the editor who put that stupid title in there in the first place. I'm happy that Nash and Puempel are back on the ice.

It will be blacked out for those f us out of market, who, you know, actually pay to watch the out of market games, so we can watch the games with professional broadcasters.

Moved to NBCSN at the last minute.

NHL just stole from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad