GDT: #31 - 12/13/16 | blackhawks @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG 2, NBCSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Peak goalie crisis????????

As I said in the Jooris thread, I refuse to click on any link of the clickbait crap those scrubs at the post put out. Could you get any more clickbaity than "peak goalie crisis"? They've been around long enough for us to know that the content they produce is well below par and the less attention they get, the less this behavior will be continued. It's kinda like a toddler.

I urge you, and everyone in here, to participate in the boycott of all things New York Post.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
NBC not playing the replays is annoying to me, I don't care if they want to ramble on about something else but I'd like to see the replays of the penalties called, the other interesting stuff that happens. The face/camera time for the media guys I don't really care for.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
NBC not playing the replays is annoying to me, I don't care if they want to ramble on about something else but I'd like to see the replays of the penalties called, the other interesting stuff that happens. The face/camera time for the media guys I don't really care for.

Yep. My biggest gripe as well.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Yep. My biggest gripe as well.

And it's odd, they want to promote/market rivalry and whatnot, yet they do not usually show the replays of two players smacking each other up ice, or one guy tripping another, or the other annoying sneaky/dirty stuff they do to get under each others skin whether called or not, which would build rivalry, or the illusion of.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
And it's odd, they want to promote/market rivalry and whatnot, yet they do not usually show the replays of two players smacking each other up ice, or one guy tripping another, or the other annoying sneaky/dirty stuff they do to get under each others skin whether called or not, which would build rivalry, or the illusion of.

Would not surprise me if it was a condition of the NHL/NBC broadcast rights agreement -- the league would obviously like to avoid criticism of its officials and legal accusations that they enable/market the violent aspects of the sport.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Would not surprise me if it was a condition of the NHL/NBC broadcast rights agreement -- the league would obviously like to avoid criticism of its officials and legal accusations that they enable/market the violent aspects of the sport.

Maybe but it's counter intuitive to me, they are trying this rivalry angle to market the game, yet then not showing any aspects of it. Either change the marketing to grace and happy rainbows, or show the aspects of the game that actually relate to what a rivalry is.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
For example, on the main board the Shaw and Krug threads currently are the hot topics, (and it's always that way when borderline or over the top stuff happens) people can like it or hate it but the general masses are interested in that sort of thing beyond the normal save or goal of the year candidates.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

I think it's less nefarious than that.

It always seems Eddie or Pierre have whatever replay they're going to talk about lined up before the next stoppage. For example: Pierre will be talking about a save that happened 3 minutes ago despite the whistle being blown because of a penalty that just occurred and thus NBC doesn't show penalty replay. Pierre had his replay package lined up and his little soliloquy read to go and he jumps right into it whether it relates to the most recent action in the game or not. Happens non stop during their broadcasts.

Compare this to MSG where every stoppage you're getting a replay or multiple replays of whatever most recently happened or whatever big events happened since the last stoppage.

It also helps that MSG doesn't package their replays with music and make them look all shiny like NBC has a tendency to do, especially with Pierre's Inside the Glass and such.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
yeah i fail to see the issue tbh.

its only an issue if Raanta keeps giving up 2 or fewer goals. sooner or later hes going to get lit up. not because hes a bad goalie, but because, lets face it, our defense is TRASH.

Yeah, Raanta has had it hard dealing with 18 and 19 shots per game.

What I hate the most about it, is that Raanta has had two games that were cake walks because of the team play in front of him.

Give up less than 20 shots for any goaltender and they won't let up much. Only game he genuinely played great was against the Blackhawks and it took a fortuitous goal reversal for him to beat Darling.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
As I said in the Jooris thread, I refuse to click on any link of the clickbait crap those scrubs at the post put out. Could you get any more clickbaity than "peak goalie crisis"? They've been around long enough for us to know that the content they produce is well below par and the less attention they get, the less this behavior will be continued. It's kinda like a toddler.

I urge you, and everyone in here, to participate in the boycott of all things New York Post.

alain_vigneault.jpg

Goalies hate him! Coaches have discovered a revolutionary new goaltending tandem strategy...

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Main reason:
Doc. As an NYR fan growing up in NJ he will always be the voice of the Devils. No taking away from his talent. But I hate having to listen to him call NYR games.

Lesser reasons:
Cutting out replays especially on questionable calls
The Crosby lovefests 5-10 years ago
Pierre

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Pierre is one of the smartest minds in all of hockey.

People rag on him but in terms of people that know the game... He's up there.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Yeah, Raanta has had it hard dealing with 18 and 19 shots per game.

What I hate the most about it, is that Raanta has had two games that were cake walks because of the team play in front of him.

Give up less than 20 shots for any goaltender and they won't let up much. Only game he genuinely played great was against the Blackhawks and it took a fortuitous goal reversal for him to beat Darling.

What's your definition of "not much"?

In games with 20 shots or less since the start of last season (it's only been 10 because I didn't include games where he came in to relieve Raanta) Hank has a GAA of 2.70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad