GDT: 3/29/18 - Penguins @ Devils - Reel 'Em In Edition - 7PM MSG+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is what me and someone else is talking about, at this point I would got straight Crosby, still not really a classic 2 on 1 and I think you're odds are better if you try to cut him off then than let him wait till the other player catch up to the play, I mean Crosby waited for him for a reason. Either way, not a big deal, just telling you what some of us saw.

29751095_10216821541230056_1050773854_n.jpg

Ehhh I think we are still screwed if he went straight for Crosby. Someone was going to get an open look.

Maybe the better play, but I think we were done in this situation.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
They look energized, not drained.

Physically I agree. Mentally at multiples times they look gassed. The breakdowns are epic.

Honestly I can't complain with this stretch they've had. You really can't as much more out of these guys. But they are human. I just find it hard to believe they aren't looking at the out of town scoreboard thinking "are you ******* kidding me?" It has to wear at you a bit.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Ehhh I think we are still screwed if he went straight for Crosby. Someone was going to get an open look.

Oh no matter how Greene plays that, we're in a bad place, I just think you can't give Crosby all day on a 2 on 1, the % is much higher for him to stick the knife in you.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017

anyone else has that chance and its a crap shoot

its sid. show some respect. the guy made us pay

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
team played great. was an even matched game where the best player in the world was the deciding factor. oh well. great entertainment.

also, kinkaid is starter material. i dont care about small sample size or whatever.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It is absurd to believe that teams won’t resist against Florida but will play us like the cup is on the line.

Don’t buy it.

I think it's dangerous to completely discount the rivalry factor, though. Those games you usually throw out the records.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
team played great. was an even matched game where the best player in the world was the deciding factor. oh well. great entertainment.

also, kinkaid is starter material. i dont care about small sample size or whatever.

The guy just makes the big saves at the big times. You can see why his stats are in line with Cory's, but he comes up big at big times and lets in stinkers at times that aren't critical.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
His passes weren't that crisp. he has some great break out passes, but he also had some horrendous pass attempts that became turnovers or were tipped.
He had no giveaways in the game, he wasn't on the ice for a goal against, he and vatanen were the only Devil defenders to play over 20 5v5 minutes he was +2, Vatanen was -2

Edit I was wrong: . Severson was the ONLY defender that played 20+ 5v5 minutes for the Devils tonight

No opinions there just facts

I'm flabbergasted by this Severson stuff. He was very good tonight.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
With Florida losing in OT we're at the same point we were entering the night. Would have been nice to get the W and get the lead up to 4 points but time's ticking on the season, which is in our favour. Need to keep pace at the very least and we did that tonight against a strong team.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Man f*** the pens, ripping on Trav for obviously practically ending Crosbys career. They're all up in the Panthers pants. I'm glad the sens won. If we get in, I want the pens.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
With Florida losing in OT we're at the same point we were entering the night. Would have been nice to get the W and get the lead up to 4 points but time's ticking on the season, which is in our favour. Need to keep pace at the very least and we did that tonight against a strong team.

They also play Boston in Boston Saturday while we got the Isles at home.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
He had no giveaways in the game, he wasn't on the ice for a goal against, he and vatanen were the only Devil defenders to play over 20 5v5 minutes he was +2, Vatanen was -2

No opinions there just facts

I'm flabbergasted by this Severson stuff. He was very good tonight.

He was okay tonight. He made some horrendous pinches and some horrendous shot slecetions as well.

But I thought he was better than he was bad for the most part.

Vatanen is also stuck lugging around Greene's corpse. Sooooooo. Hard to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad