GDT: 3/29/18 - Penguins @ Devils - Reel 'Em In Edition - 7PM MSG+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
yeah pens are the ones who escaped this game and should feel lucky. we shouldnt feel unlucky.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I was convinced a few weeks ago still that he's better Lovejoy, but I'm trying to still hold on to that belief.

Hynes needs to stop matching him up with Crosby and top players so much. Why is he out there so much? Why does he play so much? WHY is he out there in OT AT ALL?

I cringe to see him start OT, particularly when he's been getting rocked all night

Which is most nights anymore

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Because you take the pass away on a 2 on 1 as a defender.

It’s like people don’t understand the concept. Greene played that how he should’ve. If Crosby doesn’t make the play that literally a handful of players can make, there’s no goal and we are going the other way. Greene played that well.

Reactions: tr83

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
No smart NHL coach would put a corpse on the ice to try and win the game in OT. That is also on Hynes,w ho once again shows how f***ing stupid he is.

How the f*** do you look at Andy Greene's game not just through out the season, but specifically this game, and think yea he should go out there against Crosby and Rust.

Reactions: Palpatine

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Greene and Vats got bodied tonight. Both were horrible
Do you have the official attempts for and against for Greene tonight? It's ugly every night. He might okay as a bottom pairing guy, but he needs to stop playing so much like 3 months ago.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
1 is better than 0, for the most part they supported Kinkaid. Hall was down low in OT, it happens so move on.

Onto the Isles. Kinkaid get some rest you're up again on Saturday.

Go Devils

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Overtime is a fickle beast. I can’t really fault anyone on that sequence. Maybe Hall, but I mean... I can’t fault Taylor Hall for much.

Whatever.
it is, but hall needs to realize hes the only one back as Greene got sucked down to far low. He should have just brought it back to center ice and reset

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Crosby's hand eye coordination is out of this world. That is just crazy ****

Put it this way. Pens tied the game on a knuckle puck that hit the post, hit Kinkaid's skate, and went in

They won it on Crosby hitting a base hit in the bottom of the 10th

Nothing to be ashamed about

But the hell of it is that it just probably isn't good enough. Again, the OoTS is screwing us. Sure they can be proud of the way they've played, but it has to be psychologically draining knowing you have to get 2 points every single night or you're losing ground.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I thought Severson had a very bad game.

Yeah. The more important the games seem to get, the more his worst tendencies have come out.

It wouldn't be so frustrating if it didn't seem so fixable. He just does not play a consistent, crisp game and he puts his teammates in poor positions with weak passes. My biggest criticism of him is a complete lack of empathy for the guy receiving the pass. Ultimately, his IQ has a lower ceiling than I initially thought.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Goal wasn’t Greene’s fault at all, but the logic of having him out there I just can’t be ok with. He is the worst defenseman on this team if it’s not sevs, who by the way almost cost us the point. As soon as he went down low I knew we were f***ed. Got bailed out by a miscommunication between Malkin and kessel. If we had options, both of them would be sitting. They put on an embarrassing display game after game. Can’t stand it anymore. Greene is becoming Sal 2.0

Reactions: mtnet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad