Post-Game Talk: #26: Blue Jackets 4 at FLYERS 3 (OT), Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Why is JVR on this team? When will his year begin, because he seems like he's completely lost out there.
Also, why is Lethera and MacDonald still on the active roster? They should be healthy scratches for the remainder of their Flyers careers.
Vorachek has also been out of position constantly! I know he has a no trade clause in his contract, but that shouldn't give him the allowance to take nights off like he did tonight.
I hope Fletcher noticed how dead on their skates this team was before Sanheim scored twice to tie it up in the third.
They were getting out-shot throughout the entire game.......ON THEIR HOME ICE, IN FRONT OF THEIR NEW BOSS!

He’s on the team because of Dave Scott.

Reactions: hrocks66

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Why is JVR on this team? When will his year begin, because he seems like he's completely lost out there.
Also, why is Lethera and MacDonald still on the active roster? They should be healthy scratches for the remainder of their Flyers careers.
Vorachek has also been out of position constantly! I know he has a no trade clause in his contract, but that shouldn't give him the allowance to take nights off like he did tonight.
I hope Fletcher noticed how dead on their skates this team was before Sanheim scored twice to tie it up in the third.
They were getting out-shot throughout the entire game.......ON THEIR HOME ICE, IN FRONT OF THEIR NEW BOSS!
Voracek doesn't have a no trade clause. Giroux and simmonds do

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I missed most the game, how'd it go? Up by 1 in 3rd, Hakshell, late tying goal, swift OT loss? Cool

Quick G snipe.
Farmer played 23 mins
5 straight penalties, killed them all

Down 2 goals, Sanheim Ghost play with top line, go f***ing bananas and Sanheim gets 2 goals, break up pair, back to slop and lose in OT of Couts gaffe. Hak hockey to a tee.

Angry Hockey Dad

Michkov save us
May 30, 2013
Canada
Quick G snipe.
Farmer played 23 mins
5 straight penalties, killed them all

Down 2 goals, Sanheim Ghost play with top line, go ****ing bananas and Sanheim gets 2 goals, break up pair, back to slop and lose in OT of Couts gaffe. Hak hockey to a tee.

Sanheim got 2 goals? Wooo that's sweet. Can't believe that pairing would get split up that's hilariously bad. Oh well, I've stopped caring about the season a few weeks back.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Flyers propaganda machine is defending Hakstol so proudly.

Count me as part of a group that thinks it’s because they notice the fans are so against him, and they want to turn that tide.

We must be unyielding in our response.
They can't accept that they know less than the fans so they're going to go against whatever we say and remain in denial. Especially the dumb ex-players.

BuriedInIce

Mar 6, 2010
San Diego
It's hard for me to watch other games these days because it drives me insane watching every other NHL team set up high quality chances instead of working the perimeter.

I was reading through and was just about to post this. I don't understand it. How do other teams get so many high quality scoring chances off the rush AND with offensive zone time? And how come they make it look
so easy?

I watch Dallas frequently. I'm just blown away that hockey can be played with speed, offensive skill, and defensive aptitude all in one package.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

He scores all of his goals around the net and the Flyers system is based around shots from damn near the neutral zone. Its a match made in hell. On top of that, he hasnt played with a good playmaker yet. We wont get any value out of him until Hak is fired.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Provorov is overrated.

It’s mystifying

Remember when Provy was the hockey android? Does anyone know how to do a factory reset on him?

Provy has hands of stone.

Provorov - what happened to you? Were you ever really that good?

Well, Wilson's first job was to get Sanheim going. Check.

His next job is to "fix" Provy.

Seriously, something's being going on with Provy all season, and it's not good.

He's been noticeably worse with the puck and he doesn't seem as physical to me.

It's possible that he has an overhang from the bad shoulder injury in game five of the playoffs.

It's possible that a certain defense coach who's no longer around was screwing with his game.

My pet theory is that he's playing with a cut-down stick this season and it's messed with his puck handling and, as a result, his confidence.

After the game in Anaheim, I posted this:

"Speaking of Provy, I have a theory about his early season problems with the puck. It sure looks to me that he's using a cut-down stick. The last time the boys were in Anaheim I looked at their stick rack during warm-ups. Provy's stick was the tallest on the team. Last night he was using a stick that was average in length; just slightly longer than Gudas and shorter than Hägg, Sanheim and Folin. In warm-ups, Provy spent most of his time at center ice working on his puck-handling. During that time, I didn't see the distinctive "raised right elbow" that was so much a part of his look during his first two years in the League. Have you guys read anything about this? If accurate, an interview with Provy about the change would be interesting."

I could be off base on this, but I'd love for a guy like Meltzer, or Isaac, to do some digging and report on what exactly is going on with our Russian machine.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Stoltz went bananas on some of those pks.

MV5BOTA1NjZjMTAtOWMwNC00MTdjLWJkNmUtZTk5NDBlNTY5MTI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwODA4Mw@@._V1_.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad