Post-Game Talk: #26: Blue Jackets 4 at FLYERS 3 (OT), Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I was reading through and was just about to post this. I don't understand it. How do other teams get so many high quality scoring chances off the rush AND with offensive zone time? And how come they make it look
so easy?

I watch Dallas frequently. I'm just blown away that hockey can be played with speed, offensive skill, and defensive aptitude all in one package.

There were back to back plays by Jake and Raffl
Now I know they have peanuts for brains, but both drove puck in nicely , then just stopped and looked to pass back. Both times could of easily drove the net and worked from down low, but just turns puck over
Such an awful system.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Well, Wilson's first job was to get Sanheim going. Check.

His next job is to "fix" Provy.

Seriously, something's being going on with Provy all season, and it's not good.

He's been noticeably worse with the puck and he doesn't seem as physical to me.

It's possible that he has an overhang from the bad should injury in game five of the playoffs.

It's possible that a certain defense coach who's no longer around was screwing with his game.

My pet theory is that he's playing with a cut-down stick this season and it's messed with his puck handling and, as a result, his confidence.

After the game in Anaheim, I posted this:

"Speaking of Provy, I have a theory about his early season problems with the puck. It sure looks to me that he's using a cut-down stick. The last time the boys were in Anaheim I looked at their stick rack during warm-ups. Provy's stick was the tallest on the team. Last night he was using a stick that was average in length; just slightly longer than Gudas and shorter than Hägg, Sanheim and Folin. In warm-ups, Provy spent most of his time at center ice working on his puck-handling. During that time, I didn't see the distinctive "raised right elbow" that was so much a part of his look during his first two years in the League. Have you guys read anything about this? If accurate, an interview with Provy about the change would be interesting."

I could be off base on this, but I'd love for a guy like Meltzer, or Isaac, to do some digging and report on what exactly is going on with our Russian machine.

that is an interesting theory. I too have thought that his stick was not as long as it usually is. All everyone use to talk about what the size of the stick he used, but this year it isn't apparent.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
"Speaking of Provy, I have a theory about his early season problems with the puck. It sure looks to me that he's using a cut-down stick. The last time the boys were in Anaheim I looked at their stick rack during warm-ups. Provy's stick was the tallest on the team. Last night he was using a stick that was average in length; just slightly longer than Gudas and shorter than Hägg, Sanheim and Folin. In warm-ups, Provy spent most of his time at center ice working on his puck-handling. During that time, I didn't see the distinctive "raised right elbow" that was so much a part of his look during his first two years in the League. Have you guys read anything about this? If accurate, an interview with Provy about the change would be interesting."

I could be off base on this, but I'd love for a guy like Meltzer, or Isaac, to do some digging and report on what exactly is going on with our Russian machine.

An out-of-town broadcaster was saying this exact same thing in the last 5 games, he went on about it forever...one of the Sens guys, actually, on TSN. Exact same theory, I think. Mighta been earlier and another game, I'm intentionally disoriented and all this shitty hockey blends together but...You're not alone.

Last edited:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Imagine watching 47 and 6 play and then doing this

20181206_232303.jpg

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
There were back to back plays by Jake and Raffl
Now I know they have peanuts for brains, but both drove puck in nicely , then just stopped and looked to pass back. Both times could of easily drove the net and worked from down low, but just turns puck over
Such an awful system.
Not allowed to drive the net, that's the old way of hockey. I mean it's only been played the same way for 100 years. It's like listening to Chip Kelly saying time of possession isn't important in football

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You know that guy that just played 40% of the game? lets put him on the ice first for 3v3... when we have last change. It should be entertaining.

- Hakstol

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Of all the bull**** Hak does, him not starting G in OT is so ****ing infuriating. Playing matchups in 3on3 is just ridiculous. G at most gets 2 shifts in OT with this strategy, what a ****ing moron.

"Dave, why didnt you start G in OT?"

"Well, you know. I knew they were gonna put their best guys out to start, so i was gonna try to see if we could shell long enough to start so that we could get G out against their weaker players."

BuriedInIce

Mar 6, 2010
San Diego
You know that guy that just played 40% of the game? lets put him on the ice first for 3v3... when we have last change. It should be entertaining.

- Hakstol

"Let me move the one guy who has obvious chemistry with our second line center. He's collected too many points and needs remediation in the art of playing defense and a perimeter first game. I'll also play him 5 minutes a game. I'll continue doing this after my new boss has repeatedly said that 'we'll look for solutions in house first'."

-Hakstol

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad