GDT: '24-25 Wolves/Bison talk

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Love the Canes. Most of us at HFBlues are huge Canes fans. Anyway.....

f*** the Chicago Wolves. The Blues were attached to them for a few seasons. It sucked.

I lived in Chicago for a very long time and can tell that this is a typical Chicagoan attitude.
We give Chicago the goat MJ, multiple NBA titles, and Caleb Williams and this is how they treat us in return?

hblueridgegal

We'll bounce back
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Btw: I’d add bad mouthing players (they won’t be developed to perform)/team is not a ideal way to market your team at any point, particularly early in the season when you want to sell tickets.

He might want failure thus year to build case to push back on NHL too.
Agree...kind of surprising that he openly aired all his supposed grievances this way in lieu of a supported hit piece from The Athletic or something. In the summer, it was said he wanted to sell but not to the Canes.

How many of their roster players were making the big show prior to the Canes involvement? He makes it sound like it's daycare now filled with players with a low ceiling.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Love the Canes. Most of us at HFBlues are huge Canes fans. Anyway.....

f*** the Chicago Wolves. The Blues were attached to them for a few seasons. It sucked.

I lived in Chicago for a very long time and can tell that this is a typical Chicagoan attitude.
I think we are going to need reminders of the history of the Wolves with Vancouver AND St. Louis AND Carolina. I've pointed them out before, but it's a consistent theme.

The fact the Wolves didn't think Jordan Kyrou was worthy of playing in the AHL at the end of the season and playoffs of 2017 tells me all I need to know about their ability to assess talent.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I think we are going to need reminders of the history of the Wolves with Vancouver AND St. Louis AND Carolina. I've pointed them out before, but it's a consistent theme.

The fact the Wolves didn't think Jordan Kyrou was worthy of playing in the AHL at the end of the season and playoffs of 2017 tells me all I need to know about their ability to assess talent.
It's a Good 'ol Boys Club run by Don Levin. They wanted to remain insulated in the IHL in order to have greater autonomy. It's Chicago-style "Don't Tread On Me" type of stuff. Chicago has always been insular and protectionist. It took mega pressure from Walmart and politicians caving into capital just to let them into the City. Same for Chick-fil-A. 7-Eleven had an extremely small footprint in Chicago and then suddenly they were everywhere.

The typical Chicagoan doesn't want others getting too close, so they don't see all the bad stuff that they are doing. IMO, the insular protectionism that I'm describing largely stems from a deep self-consciousness and short-sightedness.

Levin wants to remain independent. In other words, he doesn't want anyone sniffing around his businesses, which are diversified.

EDIT: Levin feels so comfy in his bubble that he believes he is entitled to say whatever he wants without repercussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It also wasn't benefiting the Blues or Canucks - the only team that benefitted in their affiliation with Atlanta was the Wolves because the Thrashers ownership was so dysfunctional that they simply DGAF how Chicago was running things because the teams own owners wanted nothing to do with the Thrashers in the first place.

Reactions: Blueline Bomber

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This “partnership” hasn’t been benefiting either the Canes or the Wolves
They had a "partnership" for only 2 seasons. Of those 2 seasons, of the Wolves won the Calder Cup in year 1 and then weren't good in year 2. The Calder Cup win certainly benefited the Wolves. Year 2 really didn't benefit either party.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad