GDT: '24-25 Wolves/Bison talk

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I liked the interview with the owner. He doesn’t like TD. LOTS of people don’t like TD. He didn’t criticize the players on this years team, he criticized the staff because he doesn’t believe they have the right people in authority roles. TD always wants to give people chances who are hungry and cheap. It’s a fair criticism. He’s old school so he doesn’t like how we’re doing it, he’s had a generally successful organization for a long time so there’s really no reason to think he’s incompetent. He doesn’t accept our thinking and to him it’s important to win. I can accept that.

He does criticize the team he was given a couple of years ago, and maybe that was fair. This years team he got sent a bunch of key players from us that have zero experience. If I was looking to win I’d be curious about that too. This bunch has pretty good talent, and presumably he’ll be won over. He’s the owner not a coach. This sort of thing happens we just don’t see it, which is why I love that we see this!

I think he mostly doesn’t think our staff is qualified and that we could use a few more vets which from his angle makes sense.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
he’s just a rich guy whose ego got bruised so he’s whining about it. Dundon would be doing the same if roles were reversed.
I agree. I think my overall point is this shitty situation is more 50/50 that we as a group allow at times. This guy got forced to the table and was fed a poop sandwich. It’s good for us and our prospects that it happened but I don’t have a problem with him not being happy about it. It’s not actually our team and it’s obvious this situation must end at some point. There’s a fit somewhere out there for Chicago.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I agree. I think my overall point is this shitty situation is more 50/50 that we as a group allow at times. This guy got forced to the table and was fed a poop sandwich. It’s good for us and our prospects that it happened but I don’t have a problem with him not being happy about it. It’s not actually our team and it’s obvious this situation must end at some point. There’s a fit somewhere out there for Chicago.
He ate a big turd samich with undigested peanuts in it and we all enjoyed it.

But he's like a dude on his 4th marriage....he's removed all doubt he's not a partner anyone wants to be with for an extended time.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Well the Wolves are already off to a better start than last year just two games in. It took them something like 7 tries to win a game. Probably not good enough for the owner though, not enough 31 y/o beer-leaguers on the roster.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
No he was fed a poop sandwich because it's what he deserves. Like @Stickpucker said, he's on his 4th marriage and still blaming his ex's, he can't fathom that maybe HE'S the problem. He's the only one that can't understand the AHL is a primarily development league, if he wants more control he can always grab an ECHL franchise. He literally got a championship the first year with us (and lost to us prior) and is bitching about what the team is giving him to work with. He's the guy who pulls out in front of you, forcing you to slam on your brakes, then flips YOU off for hitting your horn and "almost hitting him"...he can eat the shit sandwich.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
No he was fed a poop sandwich because it's what he deserves. Like @Stickpucker said, he's on his 4th marriage and still blaming his ex's, he can't fathom that maybe HE'S the problem. He's the only one that can't understand the AHL is a primarily development league, if he wants more control he can always grab an ECHL franchise. He literally got a championship the first year with us (and lost to us prior) and is bitching about what the team is giving him to work with. He's the guy who pulls out in front of you, forcing you to slam on your brakes, then flips YOU off for hitting your horn and "almost hitting him"...he can eat the shit sandwich.
And I thought I was the most annoyed about last year. :D

I just think having an old fart with zero filter be the opposition to be hilarious and this is fun to watch. I don’t think he’s all wrong. I like opposing viewpoints and what I really like is I don’t think it was all about money. I also think if we were there for all the actual talks we’d probably think this was a 50% TD’s fault. Maybe more.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
And I thought I was the most annoyed about last year. :D

I just think having an old fart with zero filter be the opposition to be hilarious and this is fun to watch. I don’t think he’s all wrong. I like opposing viewpoints and what I really like is I don’t think it was all about money. I also think if we were there for all the actual talks we’d probably think this was a 50% TD’s fault. Maybe more.
:P I'm actually not even that annoyed about last year, way more by the Canes-Checkers split. His attitude, twisted narrative, & narcissism/refusal to admit any fault just grate my nerves (I'm admittedly bit overly sensitive to his kind of self-delusive narcissism since I was in a bad relationship with someone like that). Not that it's not at least partially TDs fault, but this dude is acting like he was the victim of bullying and was 100% innocent.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I liked the interview with the owner. He doesn’t like TD. LOTS of people don’t like TD. He didn’t criticize the players on this years team, he criticized the staff because he doesn’t believe they have the right people in authority roles. TD always wants to give people chances who are hungry and cheap. It’s a fair criticism. He’s old school so he doesn’t like how we’re doing it, he’s had a generally successful organization for a long time so there’s really no reason to think he’s incompetent. He doesn’t accept our thinking and to him it’s important to win. I can accept that.

He does criticize the team he was given a couple of years ago, and maybe that was fair. This years team he got sent a bunch of key players from us that have zero experience. If I was looking to win I’d be curious about that too. This bunch has pretty good talent, and presumably he’ll be won over. He’s the owner not a coach. This sort of thing happens we just don’t see it, which is why I love that we see this!

I think he mostly doesn’t think our staff is qualified and that we could use a few more vets which from his angle makes sense.
No, Dundon gets lots of stick, some deserved, but Chicago’s issues have nothing to do with Dundon. Rather, it’s all Levin based.

There is a reason why his NHL relationships have failed and his view on how AHL franchise player acquisition/development is not what is required in today’s AHL hockey.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
:P I'm actually not even that annoyed about last year, way more by the Canes-Checkers split. His attitude, twisted narrative, & narcissism/refusal to admit any fault just grate my nerves (I'm admittedly bit overly sensitive to his kind of self-delusive narcissism since I was in a bad relationship with someone like that). Not that it's not at least partially TDs fault, but this dude is acting like he was the victim of bullying and was 100% innocent.
Of course he’s not innocent, but I do believe he and TD were forced into that meeting and this guys was absolutely pushed into doing what’s going on. We can say it was fair but we’re biased because the outcome was great for us compared last year. It would be fair for him to think he was bullied. He’s the owner of the team and wants nothing to do with us, he was forced into dealing with us it would appear until a better resolution arrives. That’s kinda being bullied. I don’t feel actually sorry for him, I generally don’t pity the rich about their business fortunes but I get owning/running a business and feeling snooty about being forced into a relationship you don’t want to be in. It’s still good tv drama to watch unfold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad