Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If they want to play Beech and he's paper up and down, someone else gets moved down on paper so the roster is cap compliant, right? So someone is getting exposed to waivers based on this roster if that happens?

You see glimpses of it with him, which makes you think it's in there to be tapped into. Maybe it's the blind squirrel finding the occasional nut, though. I also think there might have been more earlier if he had been able to stay healthy (but then Anaheim would probably have re-signed him).
He's 26 years old. He is what he is. If there was any potential it would've been tapped by now.

I need some clarity on this, as I've understood it as you say in Bussi's case. However, we just saw Patera get waived and reclaimed by Vancouver. Clearly Boston did not have to keep him on the roster all season long.
You are allowed to waive a player you claimed. You can't trade him (simple version). The "You have to keep him up..." just means that you "have to keep him up" unless you want to risk losing him to waivers.

But not at all surprised Bussi cleared. What team is going to play him 25 games this year?

Reactions: The don godfather

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You are allowed to waive a player you claimed. You can't trade him (simple version). The "You have to keep him up..." just means that you "have to keep him up" unless you want to risk losing him to waivers.
Thanks for that, so that's just regular waivers then. For some reason I had the impression that there was some different rule about waivers prior to season start. As for Jones, I guess we'll see. I hope you are wrong, and I have a slim belief that his offensive problems stem in large part from injury and usage and he can find another level to that part of his game here. I don't look for him to turn into a 20-25 goal guy, but a third liner that can do 15 or so? I think it's possible. It would be really helpful if that happened.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Why carry 22? Maybe for practice purposes? Seems like their hopes of adding at the deadline are a pipe dream with $600k of deadline space.

Well they probably won't always carry 22, but I guess we will see. I assume there will be some paper transactions during the year , especially when they are in the middle of homestands or have long breaks in between games.

But yeah they are not likely to get to a big number at the deadline. Maybe they can get closer to 1.5 million playing cap games, but then again that would likely get offset by injuries along the way

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Why carry 22? Maybe for practice purposes? Seems like their hopes of adding at the deadline are a pipe dream with $600k of deadline space.
There are bigger issues to worry about that are forth coming and none of it involves hockey!

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
If Poitras is just on normal IR like that says then we don't get any cap relief from him being there I think, so whenever he's good to go you just activate him and there's your 23 man roster.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
If Poitras is just on normal IR like that says then we don't get any cap relief from him being there I think, so whenever he's good to go you just activate him and there's your 23 man roster.
That's even worse. I want them to carry 21. Providence is a 45 minute ride away. Bank, bank, bank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad