Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PepeBostones

Mar 3, 2002
Everyone has a no trade

Check your license you probably have one

Seen Kuraly ? Remember him

He left here and got a 4 year deal NMC full or partial all years

As I used to say to my mother: ‘but mom…,,all the kids have them….pllllllleaze’

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Don Sweeney signed Ullmark as a UFA and fans flamed him.
Don Sweeney drafted Mason Lohrei and fans/journos flamed him.
Don Sweeney drafted Matty Poitras and fans/journos flamed him.
Don Sweeney signed a slew of bargain UFA's in 2023 and fans flamed him
Don Sweeney traded for Andrew Peeke and fans/journos flamed him.
And now Don Sweeney traded Ullmark for Korpisalo, a 1st and Kastelic and fans flamed him.

Love him or hate him, Sweeney doesn't seem to care about public perception or popular lines of thinking. For the most part, he is a better GM for it.

No one is going to complain about Korpisalo or Kastelic if Sweeney walks out of Vegas with the next Brad Marchand. (see Tanner Howe)

Also, when everyone's drunken rage and vitriol has died down, please know that Sweeney was never NOT going to move Ullmark. It was always about the 1st rounder. He attended the freaking draft combine with a 4th, 5th, and 6th. I am not even sure if they invite players that low in the draft lists...

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I sometimes feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I read this board.

The ONLY reason you trade for a troubled asset you think you might be able to fix is that you can get them cheap. You don't trade anything of value (or take on a bad contract) for them. That defeats the purpose. This is also why we've always had to attach picks for other organizations to take our bad contracts.

There's no guarantee you can fix any player. Not all of them will improve just because they play with you. It's supposed to a low risk/low cost/high reward situation. Or at least it should be unless Don Sweeney is involved, then he's constantly trading for potential buyout guys like Peeke or Korpisalo as though they're guaranteed to play well here. "Gee, we think they'll be great here, so even though you're desperate to be rid of them, we'll treat them like they're good right now."

You could sell Sweeney a junk car for the price of a brand new one by simply telling him that if he fixes this scraper up it'll be worth a lot. And even if he does that doesn't change the fact he overpaid!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
And now Don Sweeney traded Ullmark for Korpisalo, a 1st and Kastelic and fans flamed him.

Love him or hate him, Sweeney doesn't seem to care about public perception or popular lines of thinking. For the most part, he is a better GM for it.

No one is going to complain about Korpisalo or Kastelic if Sweeney walks out of Vegas with the next Brad Marchand. (see Tanner Howe)

Also, when everyone's drunken rage and vitriol has died down, please know that Sweeney was never NOT going to move Ullmark. It was always about the 1st rounder. He attended the freaking draft combine with a 4th, 5th, and 6th. I am not even sure if they invite players that low in the draft lists...
Did you just take the last six things he’s done? That list can be a lot bigger

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
After 3 years of me complaining about Forbort and his 3m cap hit preventing team from making moves, Sweeney takes that newly acquired cap space and hands it to Jonas Korpisalo, a guy Ottawa couldn’t give away. All for the prize of the 25th overall pick in a rumored to be weak draft.

I slept on it.. it still sucks this morning.
I think cap space gives Sweeney anxiety. He needs to get rid of it asap. Once it's gone then he can relax and work on his reclamation projects and good value gems.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I sometimes feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I read this board.

The ONLY reason you trade for a troubled asset you think you might be able to fix is that you can get them cheap. You don't trade anything of value (or take on a bad contract) for them. That defeats the purpose. This is also why we've always had to attach picks for other organizations to take our bad contracts.

There's no guarantee you can fix any player. Not all of them will improve just because they play with you. It's supposed to a low risk/low cost/high reward situation. Or at least it should be unless Don Sweeney is involved, then he's constantly trading for potential buyout guys like Peeke or Korpisalo as though they're guaranteed to play well here. "Gee, we think they'll be great here, so even though you're desperate to be rid of them, we'll treat them like they're good right now."

You could sell Sweeney a junk car for the price of a brand new one by simply telling him that if he fixes this scraper up it'll be worth a lot. And even if he does that doesn't change the fact he overpaid!

If you are holding onto an old classic car that you don't know the value of that needs a lot of work, I am not going to show up and offer you the price it would be if it was already fully restored, #s matching, and in perfect running condition.

Some of the people here just have zero concept of leverage in a deal.

PepeBostones

Mar 3, 2002
Everyone has a no trade

Check your license you probably have one

Seen Kuraly ? Remember him

He left here and got a 4 year deal NMC full or partial all years

As I used to say to my mother: ‘but mom…,,all the kids have them….pllllllleaze’
Dan, I don't care what kind of contract Sean Kuraly got when he left. That wasn't exactly my point here. It was that Joonas Korpisalo had one and made the deal even worse IMO. I understand Don wanted badly to get into the first round. We all did. But, when was the last a team paid to take on a bad contract. Or maybe it's just Sweeney and the Bruins value Korpisalo completely different than most 👴

Last edited:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
As it stands, Lindholm, if he signs with the Bruins $8Mx7, and Swayman's new deal (at least $8M) could leave the Bruins with $5M left to improve the rest of the roster. That's not a lot for a team looking to potentially add another top 6F and LD.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Why do we always attach picks to trade our bad contracts but also take on other teams bad contracts for nothing? Someone please f***ing explain this to me. Why in the living f*** are we always on the wrong side of the exact same situation.
Employing beloved former players to run the pro team they played for just leads to endless get out of jail free cards. I want cut throats not golden boys making the decisions.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Don Sweeney punted 2015.
Don Sweeney refused to address glaring needs year after year.
Don Sweeney paid to dump Matt Beleskey
Don Sweeney paid to dump David Backes

Don Sweeney started on third base and somehow ended up back on first.

Awful GM.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
As it stands, Lindholm, if he signs with the Bruins $8Mx7, and Swayman's new deal (at least $8M) could leave the Bruins with $5M left to improve the rest of the roster. That's not a lot for a team looking to potentially add another top 6F and LD.
Sounds like 5M for Heinen and Grzelcyk :sarcasm:

Can't wait for another "transition year" where Monty benches Merk, Poitras, and Lysell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad