Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Usually get more for trading within a division
Usually get a high pick to take a shite contract
Usually get a good pick for a Vezina winner

Barely got any cap space, a tired joke of a goalie and a fourth line jag. Why does Don piss his pants? Why not hold him until the draft, after the draft, hell even the trade deadline. This old boys club thinks they are smarter than all and in the end there must be a bunch of GMs that are just laughing their asses off.

I am waiting to see what else he has up his sleeve but after this, there are too many options for the bottom six so I don't want to see anyone kept and sure he'll don't want to see maroon, Gryz or Heinen signed. And I thought seeing Florida raise the cup would be the only thing making me sick to my stomach.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yes having 5 million on the bench negatively impacted their ability to ice a competitive 1-18.

Don't see the connection you are lazily trying to make here.

Your money went to Korpisalo unfortunately.
Just checking.

And congrats on ditching that horrid contract - now their backup is at least 2mil cheaper ;)

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Korpi's 3M becomes 250K in a buyout this year , 625K, next and 1.35M the year after that, it peaks the next year 27-28 for 1.75M, then 1M for 4 years.

If the cap keeps going up, it's in the noise. This was the deal to get a player that did not want to leave to leave.

Next year he's up for what 6-7M if he plays well, and at the deadline you still have to deal with a NTC of 15 teams. So once again your best deal might fall off the table due to him not wanting to go there.

Not a great set of circumstances to deal with. But doing it before the draft and FA has advantages.
Let's let it play out. Sweeny is used to being hated by the townsfolk with pitchforks. He'll still make moves in the best interest of the team within the hand he's dealt.

No of us amateur GMs would keep our jobs long with some of the emotional takes I've seen on this thread. We most certainly get a lesson in leverage and how it's a help or a hindrance.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
So, as others have said, I'll wait until the full team for next year has been assembled before judging. Taking a more positive perspective for myself, Korpisalo has been bad, but he's also been on terrible teams. I'd like to see him in a much improved Bruins system, as a backup, before judging him as well. He may stink, but he may also surprise. This deal to me is not the make or break of the offseason.

Reactions: PB37

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I’d rather they just moved him for Kastelic and the 24th pick than add a dog shit goalie that as of now will be taking a $3M cap hit which is only $2M less that Ullmark.
Well yes, I'm sure all of us would have preferred that, who's to say not taking Korpi back was a deal breaker?

Oh well, disappointing nonetheless, hopefully he can rebound here.

LOL we've been forged by the heat of many bad deals. We shall overcome. If not we'll all eventually die anyway. One or the other.

I quite literally said exactly that last night, yes.
I'll take the assets, but I get where you're coming from

Reactions: EverettMike

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
So no-one has an answer on the one million that was due to Linus?

Did that have any bearing on the Cap or was that part of his 5m cap hit?

Just curious if anyone knows

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Korpi's 3M becomes 250K in a buyout this year , 625K, next and 1.35M the year after that, it peaks the next year 27-28 for 1.75M, then 1M for 4 years.

If the cap keeps going up, it's in the noise. This was the deal to get a player that did not want to leave to leave.

Next year he's up for what 6-7M if he plays well, and at the deadline you still have to deal with a NTC of 15 teams. So once again your best deal might fall off the table due to him not wanting to go there.

Not a great set of circumstances to deal with. But doing it before the draft and FA has advantages.
Let's let it play out. Sweeny is used to being hated by the townsfolk with pitchforks. He'll still make moves in the best interest of the team within the hand he's dealt.

No of us amateur GMs would keep our jobs long with some of the emotional takes I've seen on this thread. We most certainly get a lesson in leverage and how it's a help or a hindrance.

Some sanity

• Haha
Reactions: Sevendust

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Ottawa has the 39th pick overall. Linus straight up for that pick is a gazillion times better than this shit.

No you're not getting it Mike.

Don just needs to hopefully rehab Korpisalo into a serviceable goalie and if that hapens, now their backup problems are solved for the next few years. We all know historically a teams backup goalie is one of the most important pieces when it comes to winning a cup. It will be such a relief if we just solved that conundrum.

We also just need to hope that late first rd pick is part of the ~30% historically that play over 100 NHL games.

If both those improbable things happen, then it was fair value for Staios taking on no risk.

Guys - for the love of christ - waiting for the rest of the moves does not somehow negate this being an utterly shit deal

Some of you might be just a hair or two short of splitting the atom

Last edited by a moderator:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Korpy was the second worse goalie as far as starters are concerned according to Money Puck last year in goals saved above expected.

I hope we have a plan to either waive him or he gets off to a great start and some other teams need a goalie so we can flip him for something.

Kastelic is a 4th liner, that cannot skate, or find the back of the net, is a dime a dozen.
We have Beecher who I really like as a 4th line center that did a good job last year.

The first round pick is a crap shoot, but at least we can watch and follow the draft now.
If we can get one of the following I will be happy.
Cole Beaudoin - C Barrie Colts
Emil Hemming - RW Finland

Beaudoin is a freak athlete, scored great results at the combine and can play in all 3 zones. He needs work on his skating, which can be improved.

Hemming may have the best shot in the draft and looked great when playing against other players his age scoring 32 goals in 55 tournament games during his career.
He has one full year under his belt playing with men in the top Finnish league.
Korpi three times .911-923 Sv

Sens a mess

1987 Downtown Doyle Alexander 5-10 4.13 ERA with Atlanta Braves

Traded late July to Detroit Tigers

9-0 1.53 ERA

Same guy went from shit hole to playing with Trammel & Whitaker & Kirk Gibson

Put Korpi behind Jay Leach run defense and

25-7 2.20 GAA .920 Sv %

Reactions: Dizzay

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

Can we send this to 98.5? maybe they can learn a few things about hockey trades

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
I don't care if the cap is going up, so are the prices for every contract moving forward. ~$1M might seem minimal but this team couldn't afford to call up certain AHL'ers last year and now they're taking on a 4 year cap dump in exchange for their hottest trade chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad