Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They have Freddy, Geekie, Beecher, Brown, Kastelic, Lettieri, and Brazeau signed for the bottom six, plus guys like McLaughlin, Abate, and even Lysell and Poitras that could figure in to the mix.

I think they should try to bring him back depending on money. Lettieri and Brown shouldn’t be in the NHL.

Kastelic had a handful of healthy scratches himself the past few seasons and while I like brazes he’s still just breaking into the league.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They have Freddy, Geekie, Beecher, Brown, Kastelic, Lettieri, and Brazeau signed for the bottom six, plus guys like McLaughlin, Abate, and even Lysell and Poitras that could figure in to the mix.
They better be busy signing some top six forwards if Freddy and Geekie are going on the bottom six especially with Debrusk pretty sure being gone .Freddy and Geekie were both in the top six for the playoffs were they not.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What log jam?

I know right now the Bruins have about 9 forwards that I would call locks for the opening night roster and three of them are Beecher, Kastelic, and Brazeau.

Past that you have AHL caliber depth (Letteri, Brown, McLaughlin) and some kids trying to earn spots (Poitras, Lysell, Merkulov).

I'm not sure where they are finding money for D like Dillon or Zadorov when they need to sign at least two pretty decent NHL forwards tomorrow. Probably three.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Weeks ago I guessed 8x$8.25.......not what I hope they pay, just what I think it will end up costing

In a couple of years - given cap increases- not so bad, but right now it eats up a lot of flexibility for other signings

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Dear Neely/Sweeney,

Please don’t let this get ugly.

-everyone
You would think they had an idea of what it would take when they traded Ullmark. If not they have made a huge mistake. If Swayman is asking for something crazy it is kind of late to trade him. I hope Bussi is as good as people think 🏒🙈

Last edited:

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
We are gonna deal for korpisalo and then lose sway aren’t we
Don't worry, it's going to work out eventually.
I would be extremely surprised if any team offer sheets Swayman, at least enough to obtain him. The way the cap is these days, even with the increase, and the way contracts trend every year, it's just very tough to cough up an offer that will keep the Bruins from matching.

The teams that could really use him, the teams stuck on a playoff hump, are struggling with cap challenges (Toronto, Edmonton, Colorado) or aren't traditionally the crazy spenders (Carolina). The teams with plentiful cap room are too far away for it to make sense - generally speaking. Take Chicago - they could do it and probably would not sweat the asset cost but they're years away from competing - why should they rush things and is he going to sign there? Maybe Utah wants to continue making a splash but it's a reach to expect them to swoop in.

I don't see a scenario where they lose him. It's just might have to be a battle to get it done. It would really shock me if he goes unless this turns into some kooky Draisatl scenario or similar but there's about .001% of that happening, including because those fools don't even have a GM.

Last edited:

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Don't worry, it's going to work out eventually.
I would be extremely surprised if any team offer sheets Swayman, at least enough to obtain him. The way the cap is these days, even with the increase, and the way contracts trend every year, it's just very tough to cough up an offer that will keep the Bruins from matching.

The teams that could really use him, the teams stuck on a playoff hump, are struggling with cap challenges (Toronto, Edmonton, Colorado) or aren't traditionally the crazy spenders (Carolina). The teams with plentiful cap room are too far away for it to make sense - generally speaking. Take Chicago - they could do it and probably would not sweat the asset cost but they're years away from competing - why should they rush things and is he going to sign there?

I don't see a scenario where they lose him. It's just might have to be a battle to get it done. It would really shock me if he goes unless this turns into some kooky Draisatl scenario or similar but there's about .001% of that happening, including because those fools don't even have a GM.
Hey thanks you really went above and beyonder with this thoughtful articulate response

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
You would think they had an idea of what it would take when they traded Ullmark. If not they have made a huge mistake. If Swagman is asking for something crazy it is kind of late to trade him. I hope Bussi is as good as people think 🏒🙈
Could also be that they feel like they have the upper hand with Swayman because he's an RFA. And Swayman may feel like he has the upper hand since it's no longer a 1A/1A situation in net, now it's a 1A/4D situation.

It's too early in the summer to get stressed about the Swayman situation. Like I said, I can't see an offer sheet being a serious threat and we're a long way away from holdout territory.

I will say, you'd think they'd want to button up Swayman so they have an exact idea of how much money they have to spend this week. Now it seems likely that they'll have to keep extra money set aside because it's unclear where Swayman's deal lands. In that way, it could hamper adding big time talent.

Reactions: KOZ37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay