Confirmed with Link: Mathieu Joseph traded to Blues

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Perron is also a dickhead to play against who'll bring it even in practice. The team needs that.

Linus Ullmark said that when he went from Buffalo to Boston, he was shocked at how much more intense practices were and how veterans competed against each other every day.

Well right now, we're Buffalo.
For sure. I am all for shaking the branches here and putting their stamp on the team with the guys they want in certain roles. Staios knows what he wants and is doing it. I'm willing to bet anyone this team is going to be a lot more competitive on a nightly basis than they have been.

He fixed Goaltending too. The hands down # 1 problem.

Reactions: LiseL and TeamRenzo

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
We didn't need another scoring foward who needs significant PP time to justify his contract.

We should have just added Amadio as the finishing piece on the 3rd line. He fits what we need, not Perron.

If you want leadership and experience we should have outbid teams like Toronto/Winnipeg/Colorado for Hakanpaa/Miller/DeHaan. There's also plenty of veterans available right now to play down the lineup.

Perron is not really a "scoring forward". He's a dickhead 6th forward who'll piss other teams off and chip in on the PP. Think of him like a veteran Greig. He'll also raise the bar for competitiveness in practice. He's not going to sugarcoat anything and will hopefully help change the attitude of the group. Giroux can't do it alone.

Would it have been better at $3.5M? Sure, but this is Ottawa. You have to pay a premium.

Reactions: LiseL

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I guess I will wait and see cause I really have a hard time following

Dreger mentionned that Staios told GMs he had a 1st and 2nd offer for Chychrun and then trades him for Jensen and a 3rd, and I honestly like Jensen…

Then this for Joseph, I dont think he was that bad and that much of a burden? I really wanna give Staios a shot but honestly he has lost every trade aside from Linus

I understand the « cleaning up » stuff but idk

Reactions: Cosmix

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So we traded Jakob Chychrun and Joseph for Nick Jensen?
Well we should have the cap space to fit Pinto in now, this is not an insignificant aspect of this move (even though it shouldn't have gotten to that point but Dorion done Dorion'd)

I know I've said it before but I'll keep repeating it

Our troubles were never going to end with "just" a change in ownership. Dorion left an unmitigated disaster behind, it will take a while and be expensive to clean up

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
You can dispute the need to get rid of him all you want, but if there were a better deal out there it would have been taken. The guy has been shopped for like a full calendar year and clearly is not valued around the league much.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Man these last few days have really shown me how insufferable some of my fellow Sens fans are..

Staios had to clean up the mess of the last GM. That is now done. Its not Staios' fault he was left a gong show.

Matt Joseph was one of the most mid players on this team. He really didnt bring much and we replaced him with two players who will help change the culture of that forward group.

I hate the idea we should have just ran it back. We were not good enough! We needed change so as to not become the Toronto Maple Leafs. This is part of the real culture change this team has needed.
Good points Ed

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Someone here this summer said it best.

The moves are not gonna be splashy, everyone is going to bitch and moan, but the team is going to be far better off on the ice.

I'm much more confident in this team this week than I was last week.

I like the roster he's put together. I just don't like how we got there (in terms of asset management and contracts handed out).

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
WTF! Dump a serviceable player AND a third rounder for an old jock strap and some used pucks. What a mess.

I was never a fan of Joseph and understand that we need the cap space but we couldn’t even get a 7th in the 2030 draft.

Last edited:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I guess I will wait and see cause I really have a hard time following

Dreger mentionned that Staios told GMs he had a 1st and 2nd offer for Chychrun and then trades him for Jensen and a 3rd, and I honestly like Jensen…

Then this for Joseph, I dont think he was that bad and that much of a burden? I really wanna give Staios a shot but honestly he has lost every trade aside from Linus

I understand the « cleaning up » stuff but idk
It's cap space, that's it, that's all. Dorion handcuffed us, Staois is tying to find a way out that doesn't include buying out Norris - which I doubt he can even do right now.

Also, I'm very upset too. Not sure why it's this trade that triggered me, but f*** off and die. That's 2 straight trades we've been anally savaged on.

Reactions: Rodzilla

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I like the roster he's put together. I just don't like how we got there (in terms of asset management and contracts handed out).
I can understand that. I certainly would have liked to not see a 3rd need to be attached to Joseph, but it is obviously just the market dictating that. I assume there is a plan for those dollars that will make some sense, but it does sting.

The Chychrun mass drop in value is the hardest to swallow for me. Other than that, I'm liking the decisions made.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Man these last few days have really shown me how insufferable some of my fellow Sens fans are..

Staios had to clean up the mess of the last GM. That is now done. Its not Staios' fault he was left a gong show.

Matt Joseph was one of the most mid players on this team. He really didnt bring much and we replaced him with two players who will help change the culture of that forward group.

I hate the idea we should have just ran it back. We were not good enough! We needed change so as to not become the Toronto Maple Leafs. This is part of the real culture change this team has needed.
There's certainly a lot of less to clean up. Joseph brought good pk-ing and speed for $3M. He's not overpaid based on the other deals that happened yesterday. If we gave him up for nothing, all good, but it didn't look like he had that much negative value. That's the upsetting part. The team is obviously needing some turnover, it's just costing a lot more than anticipated to do it. Nobody was married to keeping Joseph here, certainly replaceable.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Perron is a major upgrade over Joseph. I like Joseph at a person, he's just not bringing enough as a player.
He really isnt. He cant create offense out of nothing or off the rush. Sens forward group is slow as molasses. Slowest in the entire league possibly but they arent heavy either. You need to be one or the other. This team is going to somehow be even easier to play against than last year.

Reactions: BigRig4

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Or could it be that Sens fans overvalued their players? It seems like a lot of people think this team was filled with good players who held value and all the losing was just... bad luck?
I dunno. Chychrun maybe, but I watched Joseph closely last year and many nights he was the guy who was working the hardest, creating chances, backing off defenders with his speed.

Overvalue? Sure, maybe. But we GAVE up a third to be rid of him, f*** a doodle doo.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think you're overestimating Gregor or underestimating Joseph.

Joseph was a guy who could plug in up and down the lineup, left side or right. He was a very versatilite player, and he brought speed to a top nine that lacks it. I understand the reasons for moving him out, but let's be realistic about what he provides.

Gregor is a 4th liner.
Yeah, pretty strange to see these Joseph evaluations. I am shocked by this deal, this league is built on speed and he is a versatile player.

I dunno. Chychrun maybe, but I watched Joseph closely last year and many nights he was the guy who was working the hardest, creating chances, backing off defenders with his speed.

Overvalue? Sure, maybe. But we GAVE up a third to be rid of him, f*** a doodle doo.
Yeah his work ethic was not an issue at all if anything many nights he lead the charge. Horrid asset management here.

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad